Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney

QLaLV_s-200x150.gif

EmreTheVolante

Senior List
Oct 13, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dortmund,
Hey guys. My name is Brad. I found these forums recently and I look forward to discussing how we can piss Eddie and Co off for many years to come as well as talking footy with fellow bloods.
1. Where are you from?
I'm from Canberra but moved to Melbourne 3 years ago.
2.Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My dad went for the Swannies but the more I learned about the bloods culture the more I was hooked!
3.How long have you been supporting the Swans?
Since I was 8 years old.
4. Favourite players (current)?
So many to choose from. The standouts are Buddy and JPK but Aliir has grabbed my attention since his debut. He's going to be a star.
5. Favourite players (all time)?
ROK, JPK, Goodesy and Kennelly. Loved his Irish dance after 05 GF.
6. Favourite Swans memories?
05 and 12 at the top of the list. Lost my bundle both times lol. Also the Geelong game this year after the stuff with Kieren's family. The whole club was brilliant that week and on the night.
7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
At my Nan and Pops place in Canberra. Pop is a lifetime Carlton fan btw and was happy we won. When the siren went was the best feeling in the world and the whole neighbourhood heard me lol.

Hey guys. My name is Brad. I found these forums recently and I look forward to discussing how we can piss Eddie and Co off for many years to come as well as talking footy with fellow bloods.
1. Where are you from?
I'm from Canberra but moved to Melbourne 3 years ago.
2.Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My dad went for the Swannies but the more I learned about the bloods culture the more I was hooked!
3.How long have you been supporting the Swans?
Since I was 8 years old.
4. Favourite players (current)?
So many to choose from. The standouts are Buddy and JPK but Aliir has grabbed my attention since his debut. He's going to be a star.
ROK, JPK, Goodesy and Kennelly. Loved his Irish dance after 05 GF.
05 and 12 at the top of the list. Lost my bundle both times lol. Also the Geelong game this year after the stuff with Kieren's family. The whole club was brilliant that week and on the night.
7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
At my Nan and Pops place in Canberra. Pop is a lifetime Carlton fan btw and was happy we won. When the siren went was the best feeling in the world and the whole neighbourhood heard me lol.
welcome. ill ignore the fact youre a dirty liverpool supporter for now :)

EmreTheVolante

Senior List
Oct 13, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dortmund,
Yuk. Long time suffering City fan. Only now am i getting to see any success after years of relegation

Proper city fans are decent tbf. We have a mutual hatred of Utd too :) Our game on NYE is going to be special IMO. Thanks for your welcome mate and up the bloods!!

Shanwah82

Draftee
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Originally from Perth, have lived in Melbourne since 2011
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because Shannon Grant was my fave player in the comp
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 22 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, JPK, Zak Jones, Aliir
5. Favourite players (all time)? Ted Richards Shannon Grant (still sad he left us) Goodesy, Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 Grand Final, 2005 semi final, 2012 grand final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Was still living in Perth, actually had to work so had a TV at work with a lot of alcohol and food. Didn't do much work! Was right in the heart of Eagles territory as well, it was amazing.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Don't own any...

1. Where are you from? Originally from Perth, have lived in Melbourne since 2011
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because Shannon Grant was my fave player in the comp
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 22 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, JPK, Zak Jones, Aliir
5. Favourite players (all time)? Ted Richards Shannon Grant (still sad he left us) Goodesy, Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 Grand Final, 2005 semi final, 2012 grand final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Was still living in Perth, actually had to work so had a TV at work with a lot of alcohol and food. Didn't do much work! Was right in the heart of Eagles territory as well, it was amazing.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Don't own any...
welcome :)

need a tour?

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Sgoin on lads
1. Where are you from? melbs
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? aunt was an old SM supporter and fortunately got me on board as a naive little kid
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since i was a skinny little kid
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, frothed sinclair Horse better put him in this week!
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodsey the beast hands down
6. Favourite Swans memories? Crying like a beta punce after the 2012 granny
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Standing room in the at the time newly built stand but i dont give af i saw leo's mark
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005 grand final ticket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JZ_Skitzo

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Seahawks
Names Jared. Been a fan since 03ish....cant really remember. Starting supporting them because I was born in Penrith. Was western scum for 4 years. Now live in Melbourne, but used to live in Perth. Don't really get emotional at games, which my GF (Geelong supporter scum) thinks it's weird. Except for when Jones gets done for holding the ball against the bullfrogs. Goodes was my favorite player. Now not sure. 2012 I was at my house with mates, shocked we won. 2005 I was doing celebratory rolly pollies in my wce mates lounge. Used to hate Franklin, but now I'm in awe.

Joined cause I need to vent.

Names Jared. Been a fan since 03ish....cant really remember. Starting supporting them because I was born in Penrith. Was western scum for 4 years. Now live in Melbourne, but used to live in Perth. Don't really get emotional at games, which my GF (Geelong supporter scum) thinks it's weird. Except for when Jones gets done for holding the ball against the bullfrogs. Goodes was my favorite player. Now not sure. 2012 I was at my house with mates, shocked we won. 2005 I was doing celebratory rolly pollies in my wce mates lounge. Used to hate Franklin, but now I'm in awe.

Joined cause I need to vent.
Welcome! Sounds like you will fit right in :p

Tizd1nonly

Debutant
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from?
Geelong

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
As a kid dad played for a local team with Richmond colours when i was old enough to realise he didn't play for rich i decided to follow Sydney because of the guy taking screamers every week Caaaaaappper!! Lol

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
30 yrs

4. Favourite players (current)?buddy, allir, heeney
5. Favourite players (all time)?lockett, Goodes, Kelly, Micky o.

Saw plugger kick 16 straight at whitten oval against Fitzroy. Nick davis last qrt against cats prelim final. 05 and 12 GF
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
Friends house in Footscray
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?
Team of the century giant mug

Look forward to meeting you all

redstarforever_

80nineninety1
Apr 8, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
red star bgd, man utd, bvb
I know im on almost 50 posts but still haven't introduced myself to all my fellow swannies fam, shoutout to ya all ;)

I'm 27, live in south west sydney. my background is European, we moved to Australia in 1994.
come from a family passionate about football (soccer), basketball and water polo but me.. im
unlike anyone from my entire fam, naturally i just love sports in general. anyway, i was roughly
like 5 or 6 years old couldn't even speak English yet and basically everything down under was
at the time completely new to me. anyway, so one day I was flickin through our old as *
analog box of a tv and there it was, some sort of sport game, something absolutely amazingly
beautiful that i just could not take my eyes off, i instantly, literally fell in love with from that
day while in no time i discovered this was AFL!! i was playing soccer for a southern district
team so i remember at trainings i get there pick up the soccer ball in my hands and im runnin
on the field, bouncing the ball, steppin around team mates, hand balling to myself lol and kickin
footy goals through the soccer goal lol. I was that obsessed id take every chance anywhere i
could to get into my afl mode. wanted a footy ball badly my and mum gets me one when we
went down to flemington markets made me the happiest campaigner ever. walked to school each
morning carryin the footy with me. recess/lunch couldn't come quick enuff before i hit the oval
to play. loved it back then and love it now more than ever.

i always root for the team where im from/at. it was always Sydney Swans <3 i liked plugger,
paul kelly and goodsie BUT my favourite swannies player of all time is michael o'loughlin.

probably unnecessary post this long ill just cut it here ~ Sydney Swans are in my blood BLOODS forever :)

I know im on almost 50 posts but still haven't introduced myself to all my fellow swannies fam, shoutout to ya all ;)

I'm 27, live in south west sydney. my background is European, we moved to Australia in 1994.
come from a family passionate about football (soccer), basketball and water polo but me.. im
unlike anyone from my entire fam, naturally i just love sports in general. anyway, i was roughly
like 5 or 6 years old couldn't even speak English yet and basically everything down under was
at the time completely new to me. anyway, so one day I was flickin through our old as ****
analog box of a tv and there it was, some sort of sport game, something absolutely amazingly
beautiful that i just could not take my eyes off, i instantly, literally fell in love with from that
day while in no time i discovered this was AFL!! i was playing soccer for a southern district
team so i remember at trainings i get there pick up the soccer ball in my hands and im runnin
on the field, bouncing the ball, steppin around team mates, hand balling to myself lol and kickin
footy goals through the soccer goal lol. I was that obsessed id take every chance anywhere i
could to get into my afl mode. wanted a footy ball badly my and mum gets me one when we
went down to flemington markets made me the happiest campaigner ever. walked to school each
morning carryin the footy with me. recess/lunch couldn't come quick enuff before i hit the oval

i always root for the team where im from/at. it was always Sydney Swans <3 i liked plugger,
paul kelly and goodsie BUT my favourite swannies player of all time is michael o'loughlin.

probably unnecessary post this long ill just cut it here ~ Sydney Swans are in my blood BLOODS forever :)
Belated 50 post ago "welcome to the boards" mate.

Great story & like so many others from non-AFL background. The game has a way of exciting like no other IMO.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

at the time completely new to me. anyway, so one day I was flickin through our old as ****

Beautiful post mate, and welcome.

Funny thing is, growing up in Sydney in the 60s and 70s I had a very similar experience to you the first time I saw the game on the telly.

In Sydney, you couldn't see VFL (as it was then) anywhere on TV until they started broadcasting in 1973(? Some history nerd can correct me if I'm wrong) and it was a totally exotic spectacle to me. I was like, "what is this amazing game?" And 50 years later I'm still in awe of it. Never watched another game of bloody rugby union since.

1. Where are you from?
Geelong

As a kid dad played for a local team with Richmond colours when i was old enough to realise he didn't play for rich i decided to follow Sydney because of the guy taking screamers every week Caaaaaappper!! Lol

30 yrs

4. Favourite players (current)?buddy, allir, heeney
5. Favourite players (all time)?lockett, Goodes, Kelly, Micky o.

Saw plugger kick 16 straight at whitten oval against Fitzroy. Nick davis last qrt against cats prelim final. 05 and 12 GF
Friends house in Footscray
Team of the century giant mug

Look forward to meeting you all

Grovey, Torquay or Banno?

1. Where are you from?
Was actually born and raised (early years) in Sth Melbourne.

Born in to it.

Lifelong

4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy, Heeney, Grundy

Goodes, Skilts, Round, Bedford, Denis Carrol

Skilts getting his third Brownlow with a pair of shiners. South having the odd shock win in the 60s. Making the finals in 1970. Goodes taking his mum to the Brownlow. Plugger's point and Kelly to Plugger to break the goal kicking record. Countless happy and not so happy memories (inc our last game at the Lake Oval)

Gave ticket to an elderly friend who has since passed. I visited the old Sth grandstand and then watched the GF in a pub in Clarendon St Sth Melb.

An old autograph book from the 60s with many signatures, inc Skilts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back