Welcome - Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here! | Page 19 | BigFooty

Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by AG, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Tuco

Tuco Brownlow Medallist

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Bloods
    What a great story. Love it!

Hope your wife has a great time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Jewelsbon

Jewelsbon Club Legend

Sydney
    Well I reckon a good 100 point belting of those pathetic wannabe's is called for then - really get her screaming and clapping!

3. LiamB03

LiamB03 Draftee

St Kilda
    I'm a Saints supporter have been for ten years. Switched from the Swans to them when I moved to Melbourne when I was about 8-9 and thought that supporting a sydney team down in Melbourne would be weird and decided on going for the Saints after seeing them play live, liking their style and cool team colours.

I've always been more of an NRL fan but have found myself loving AFL more and more these past couple of years but I'm so up and down on my club. Sydney is still my second team but I'm feeling more passion towards them than I have for Saints sometimes. So unsure what to do as I'm not sure if it'd regret switching or what, I dunno.

1. Where are you from? Born in Sydney, moved all around Australia for my younger years, even lived overseas for 3 years but have been in Melbourne for the past 12 years.
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Originally back in 04 but then changed to Saints 4 years later due to moving to Melbourne and thinking supporting a team where I don't live in their state was weird
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? On and off
    4. Favourite players (current)? Parker, Buddy, Ronke, JPK
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, LRT
    6. Favourite Swans memories? Back to Back grand finals against the Eagles
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? The match that really made me get into AFL more.
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Thinking of getting the 2018 indigenous Guernsey.

4. Kirkswan

Kirkswan Premium Platinum

Sydney
    Hard decision... Good luck!

5. Zarrix

Zarrix Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Everton
    1. Where are you from? Perth
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Pluggers after the siren point in 96 PF, first game of AFL I watched
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 1996 (6 years old)
    4. Favourite players (current)? Lance Franklin, Josh Kennedy, Heath Grundy
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Brett Kirk
    6. Favourite Swans memories? The entirety of the 2005 Finals series.
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Home, glued to my TV, heart racing.
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Swans Guernsey I got for my 7th Birthday.

Tuco, GotTheGoodes, GCB85 and 3 others like this.
  6. Disco Brad

Disco Brad Draftee

Sydney
    1. Where are you from? Born n Mt Gambier, grew up in Canberra, Sydney, London, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Not sure - so long ago
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? since 1977
    4. Favourite players (current)? Ronke, Aliir, Buddy, Rampe, Florent, Sam Reid when fit
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Graeme Teasdale was my first hero, but have loved Kelly, Plugger, Goodes, Malceski and many more
    6. Favourite Swans memories? Coaching the halt time kids (Willoughby Wildcats under 10s in the Swans jumpers against the Bombers in 85 when the Swans seniors put 30 goals passed the Bombers, playing with Rod Carter, Matthew Lloyd (Swans version), Tony Smith and a few others at Sydney Uni. Meeting Stevie Wright on many occasions back in the 80s
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Playing cricket in Austria! Found out via tex
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005GF DVD

7. Kirkswan

Sydney
    Welcome! :)

8. Downhill Skier

Downhill Skier Debutant

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    BlueJays, Raptors, Mapleleafs, LFC
    1. Where are you from? Sydney (Camden way)
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Location
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Lifelong but past 5 years AFL became number 1 sport taking over NRL
    4. Favourite players (current)? Parker, Rampe
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirk, Dunkley, Maxfield, Hall, Goodes, O'Keefe
    6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005, 2012 (Obviously) but beating Geelong down the Cattery for Macca was priceless
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In my bedroom hiding under my sheet for the last 5 minutes
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 GF DVD followed closely by my 2005 GF DVD

9. JackSwan

JackSwan Rookie

Sydney

Ticky009, Tuco and Kirkswan like this.
  10. Kirkswan

Sydney
  11. Citrus22

Citrus22 Team Captain

Sydney
    Been posting a little lately so thought I'd do the formal intro!

1. Where are you from?

Grew up in Newcastle, now live down in Melbourne.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?

As a first generation AFL supporter I started supporting Sydney as they were the closest team geographically to where I lived as a kid so it made sense at the time.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?

Since I was about 8 years old, so a little over 20 years now.

4. Favourite players (current)?

Mills, Buddy, Heeney and Kennedy are a few that spring to mind

5. Favourite players (all time)?

Adam Goodes for his flexibility across the ground in multiple positions and all-round x factor in important moments.

6. Favourite Swans memories?

2012 grand final in a pub in Newcastle with only about 10 other people watching the game and going off my head in the last quarter.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?

Late in high school for me so probably at a band practice..

connolly, Kirkswan, Jewelsbon and 2 others like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Ticky009

Ticky009 Premium Gold

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    The Rebel Alliance
    Welcome!

13. hashdag

hashdag Draftee

Sydney
    Howdi all, Hashdag here, swanophile dad joke lover and keenly interested in list management.
    1. Where are you from? Born in Melbourne and moved to Sydney in ‘92. Had followed Essendon up to this point. Did the standard Aussie stint in London in the mid ‘00s.
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Went to my first game in ‘92 and and then to most (losing games) that season and in 93 and 94. Still considered myself a dons supporter with a swans soft spot until the 96 final when plugger kicked his famous point. Halfway through that game I took off my dons jersey when i realised my true allegiances, and haven’t looked back more (drugs crisis) or less (2000 dons premiership) since!!!!
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Read the novel I wrote above.
    4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy, Hewett, Grundy and Hayward.
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Kirk, Bayes, Buchanan, plugger and Kelly.
    6. Favourite Swans memories? Pluggers point. And the win over Port Adelaide in the QF in 2003 when Goodes was amazing and Bazza correctly predicted his Brownlow.
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the ‘G in the standing room section.
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Footy signed by a certain number 4 and 14.

14. Kirkswan

Sydney

15. Redfern

Redfern Draftee

Sydney
    First of all, I just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm a huge league fan but have always been on and off AFL until recently and am looking to get into following the Swans for the 2019 season.

1. Where are you from? Redfern, Sydney (if that wasn't obvious)
    2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Hometown team and I've been a supporter from the outside looking to get in the thick of it!
    3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? On and off since 2005 but looking to get into it this coming off-season!
    4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, Buddy, Aliir
    5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, O'Loughlin (generic I know)
    6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 GF, 12 GF, O'Loughlin giving it to the West Coast fans in 06. Not a favourite memory but one that I remember the most was the disappointment after the 06 grand final. That always stuck with me.
    7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home watching on the tv with family.
    8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Don't own anything...yet. But love the design of the Indigenous jersey.

Ed_Gein, connolly, Ticky009 and 4 others like this.
  16. Kirkswan

Sydney

Redfern likes this.
  17. DoucheFromSausageParty

DoucheFromSausageParty Draftee

Sydney
    Hello, I'm from reddit and decided to check bigfooty out.
    1. I was born in Sydney but I currently live in Melbourne.
    2. I was so young I can't completely remember. It might have been the colours or the mascot. Either way it worked out because I was born in Sydney.
    3. 2010, I lost interest in footy from 2011 to 2016 but jumped back on board last year.
    4. Buddy Franklin
    5. Tony Lockett, Nick Davis or Leo Barry
    6. Last years after the siren win against Essendon.
    7. I was only four so I don't remember.
    8. I have a normal bar scarf but it's special to me because I got it back in 2010 when I was in Grade 2.

Kirkswan, Nool Carpenna and Ed_Gein like this.