Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloods_sucker

Draftee
Dec 10, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from?
Currently Langwarrin, Melbourne (Luke Parker & Zac Foot territory). Originally Wheelers Hill, Melbourne

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My Dad

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
39 years

4. Favourite players (current)?
Kennedy Parker Heeney

5. Favourite players (all time)?
Not really one for favorites, let's say Stevie Wright, Barry Mitchell, Greg Murphy, Mark Bayes, Paul Kelly, Michael O'loughlin, Adam Goodes, Nick Smith

6. Favourite Swans memories?
I like footy in general so just like watching a good game. Still have good memories of going to MCG finals during 80s during Edelstein era, even though we lost them all. Was overseas from 2001 to 2015 so missed the premierships, but good memories watching from afar. Played little league for Swans in mid 80s, so, running out on to the g at half time, and playing at princes park at half time (we played the whole ground back then). We also had some school pie nights and met Warwick Capper, David Rhys Jones, Stevie Wright, Barry Mitchell

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
In the Wimbledon Walkabout, (London), got there about 5.30am. Made it even more surreal. Would advise not drinking that early, but helped to steady the nerves.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Still have an old vfl junior jumper, old scarf and beenie. Recall getting some autographs on the 80s but not sure what I did with them

HulkSmash

Hi, Billy Mays for...
Jan 7, 2020
North Western Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
1. Where are you from? North Western Sydney, though not by choice (transferred by mistake). Originally from the Hunter
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because they were the AFL team for New South Wales. Not these pretenders who should be moved to Canberra or Tasmania.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Ever since I can remember.
4. Favourite players (current)? Issac Heeney, Buddy Franklin
5. Favourite players (all time)? Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? Grand final wins, that come from behind victory against Essendon a few years ago
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At a mate's place for a 21st, where I nearly lost my hand to a ceiling fan when Leo took that mark.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed car flag with most of the team's signatures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joejoejoe

Rookie
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Not at all. the name refers to Cadillac Joe from a radio show I listen to. Nothing to do with footy.

Joe Daniher is a completely different matter.

As he hasn't played for so long I would only be offering a year incentive based contract.

I would be just as inclined to take a risk on Paddy Mccartin as a rookie, if he is over his concussion problems.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Not at all. the name refers to Cadillac Joe from a radio show I listen to. Nothing to do with footy.

Joe Daniher is a completely different matter.

As he hasn't played for so long I would only be offering a year incentive based contract.

I would be just as inclined to take a risk on Paddy Mccartin as a rookie, if he is over his concussion problems.
Welcome

Bloods86

Debutant
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Socceroos, Power
Not a new member, but haven't logged in since 2011 it seems.

1. Where are you from? Lived in Adelaide for 15 years, originally from SE South Australia.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Great question. Don't actually recall. I know I was a fan by 1995 (age of 8/9) because I was hoping Kelly got the brownlow. Possibly a mix of growing up in southern SA, everyone went for Crows or a Vic team, wanting to be different, or because they were an underdog team at the time. Plugger, Kelly et al probably helped. Turns out it was a great time to become a fan (considering one of the teams I used to pretend to play for in the backyard before then was Carlton I think).
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? At least 25 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hewett, Rampe, Heeney, Mills, Papley (I could include McCartin, Rowbottom as ones I'm most excited by). I feel disloyal to JPK and others tbh, not listing more.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kelly, Dunkley, Micky O, Barry, Crouch, ROK, Tadhg, Teddy, Nick Smith
6. Favourite Swans memories? Dunkley/Kelly sendoff and Roosy chants at end of 2002, the relief at Leo's mark in 2005 (with dry mouth and feeling like jelly in the last qtr), the dominant part of the GF in 2012 (and then the fightback in the last), basically any time we beat the Crows (especially if I'm at AO for it)
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In a pub bar on Kangaroo Island, significantly ignoring the family friend's wedding reception I was at
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Not really into memorabilia/merch.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Not a new member, but haven't logged in since 2011 it seems.

1. Where are you from? Lived in Adelaide for 15 years, originally from SE South Australia.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Great question. Don't actually recall. I know I was a fan by 1995 (age of 8/9) because I was hoping Kelly got the brownlow. Possibly a mix of growing up in southern SA, everyone went for Crows or a Vic team, wanting to be different, or because they were an underdog team at the time. Plugger, Kelly et al probably helped. Turns out it was a great time to become a fan (considering one of the teams I used to pretend to play for in the backyard before then was Carlton I think).
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? At least 25 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hewett, Rampe, Heeney, Mills, Papley (I could include McCartin, Rowbottom as ones I'm most excited by). I feel disloyal to JPK and others tbh, not listing more.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kelly, Dunkley, Micky O, Barry, Crouch, ROK, Tadhg, Teddy, Nick Smith
6. Favourite Swans memories? Dunkley/Kelly sendoff and Roosy chants at end of 2002, the relief at Leo's mark in 2005 (with dry mouth and feeling like jelly in the last qtr), the dominant part of the GF in 2012 (and then the fightback in the last), basically any time we beat the Crows (especially if I'm at AO for it)
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In a pub bar on Kangaroo Island, significantly ignoring the family friend's wedding reception I was at
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Not really into memorabilia/merch.
Welcome back :)

The_Hyphen

You can't handle the truth...
Aug 16, 2020
Covid Central
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
lufc
Where are you from?
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? - 1972
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? - Do the sum.
4. Favourite players (current)? - Jury's out. Rampe, Aliir, Heeney, Mills
5. Favourite players (all time)? Rhys-Jones, Bayes, Carroll, Dunkley
6. Favourite Swans memories? 3 games scoring over 200 pts, 05 GF
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? - Earth
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? - Memories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shepherdodin

Rookie
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Wagga Wagga.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Grew up in NSW, parents supported swans, had no choice really.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1994 - 26 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Kennedy, Dawson, Papley
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, captain courageous
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 GF, 1996 Prelim
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home watching on TV
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed Tony Lockett swans cap.

Nice to join!

dazedjosh

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
G'day all, I'm more likely to be found on Reddit but I do enjoy a BigFooty draft/trade/list management thread so I figured I'd sign up and get involved

1. Where are you from? Sydney boy born and raised
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My grandad claims to have played a handful of reserves games for them back in the 50's. He was a constant sh*t talker but photos of him from World War 2 also showed that he was a ******* unit, so I've been sure if I should believe him or not. Fast forward to the early 90's and the Swans are sh*te, handing out free tickets at schools in the suburbs. I snagged a few and went to 3 games during the 26 game losing streak, including the game where Plugger put his elbow through Peter Caven's face and we blew a 50 point lead.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Ever since I can remember.
4. Favourite players (current)? James Rowbottom, Nick Blakey, Callum Mills, Isaac Heeney
5. Favourite players (all time)? Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Adam Goodes, Darryn Creswell, Brett Kirk
6. Favourite Swans memories? Preliminary final 1996 v Essendon. My best mate and I were at the game after getting to Ticketek early to make sure we had tickets. We were behind the goals where Lockett kicked a point after the siren.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the MCG, opposite end of the ground to the Barry mark. Until he got up and walked away I had absolutely no idea who had taken the mark.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? The jumper I bought at the MCG on GF day 2005

Wheresbuddy

Draftee
Sep 14, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Brisbane
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Grew up in Dubbo
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? A bloody long time
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney Mills JPK
5. Favourite players (all time)? LRT Luff Kirk Pyke - love the battlers
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 prelim, 2005 and 2012 GF, 2016 GF - even though we were robbed, I was there and the atmosphere was amazing
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? UK
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2018 Swans cap given to me by my son's footy team for being their manager

Top Bottom