Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Aside from the question and answers I rudely forgot to say "hello". So Hello. This seems a lively place with lots of interesting views, many of which I agree with. I have visited this place several times and briefly joined many years ago (I was suspended by an Eagles mod for my first post - which stated the now clearly obvious about the mid 2000s drug culture at that club).

The first time I visited the Lake Oval was as a baby when my dad took me to have my head wet in the members bar. Also follow Sth Melbourne cricket club which has merged with Casey - but the name and history live on.

plastic_swan

Rookie
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche
G'day everyone - plastic_swan here. I actually signed up years ago, then disappeared. Back again!

1. Where are you from?
Born in Sydney, but now in Hobart. Someone asked once if I'd change my team to Norf given they abuse the place for three weekends a year. I said I'd rather eat pieces of broken glass.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
My uncle hails from Melbourne and is a mad carlton fan. He got me into AFL at a young age.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
Since 93, member since 2000

4. Favourite players (current)?
Buddy, Heeney, Rampe

5. Favourite players (all time)?
Goodes, Mickey O

6. Favourite Swans memories?
Plugger's point; Standing ovation for Goodes in 2016 post-retirement (made it up to the game); Malceski's goal end 2012 GF;

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
At the MCG!

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?
Not a big memorabilia collector, but I love caps and hats. So probably 2012 premiers cap.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
G'day everyone - plastic_swan here. I actually signed up years ago, then disappeared. Back again!

1. Where are you from?
Born in Sydney, but now in Hobart. Someone asked once if I'd change my team to Norf given they abuse the place for three weekends a year. I said I'd rather eat pieces of broken glass.

My uncle hails from Melbourne and is a mad carlton fan. He got me into AFL at a young age.

Since 93, member since 2000

4. Favourite players (current)?
Buddy, Heeney, Rampe

5. Favourite players (all time)?
Goodes, Mickey O

Plugger's point; Standing ovation for Goodes in 2016 post-retirement (made it up to the game); Malceski's goal end 2012 GF;

At the MCG!

Not a big memorabilia collector, but I love caps and hats. So probably 2012 premiers cap.

You had me at eating broken glass. Welcome!

Joycerama

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like we have a new batch of posters slowing infiltrating the board, so it seems to be a good time to create a thread where they can introduce themselves. Welcome to the board and thanks for joining because the more posters we have the better. So, answer the below questions if you'd like, make up your own questions or feel free to just sit and vegetate if that's what you wish.

1. Where are you from? Ottawa, Canada. Moved to Syd 30 years ago when I was fourteen.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My dad would haul me downstairs in the middle of the night to watch the only game televised all year. The GF. He would explain the rules to me the whole game. By the time I got to Sydney I was dying to watch a live game at the SCG.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 30 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Rampe
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly and Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? PF v Essendon and gf win in 2005. I admit I cried. Worst moment? When Essendon robbed us after the ball was clearly out of bounds on the left forward pocket. Was around 2003 from memory.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the G. Where else?!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? JPKs socks with signatures

Any questions about the board then just ask me, Grimlock or Syd and we might answer them. Established posters feel free to join in with the above.

Welcome aboard rookie....

437248-sydney-swans.jpg

I think you meant it to be like this, Joycerama:

1. Where are you from? Ottawa, Canada. Moved to Syd 30 years ago when I was fourteen.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My dad would haul me downstairs in the middle of the night to watch the only game televised all year. The GF. He would explain the rules to me the whole game. By the time I got to Sydney I was dying to watch a live game at the SCG.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 30 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Rampe
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly and Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? PF v Essendon and gf win in 2005. I admit I cried. Worst moment? When Essendon robbed us after the ball was clearly out of bounds on the left forward pocket. Was around 2003 from memory.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the G. Where else?!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? JPKs socks with signatures

Edit: If you copy and paste into a new post then, I will delete mine and we won't confuse the hell out of everyone else! :p Great to have you aboard anyway, Welcome!!

Wait What!

Draftee
Oct 21, 2015
Sydeneee
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi everyone

1. Where are you from?
Scone NSW

I rejected everything with English heritage at 9 yrs of age (Irish background) and wanted to follow an Australian game. I wrote to the VFL at the time in 1980 to ask them for an equivalent working class/wharfie team to Balmain Tigers and they kindly replied and suggested South Melbourne.

1980. Difficult to really follow pre internet and relying on the Midnight ABC replays. Rarely able to see them on the telly.

4. Favourite players current?
Reg (In Reg we trust) most underrated player by Melbourne VFL flogs. Looking at you AA selectors.
Gazza (he's a Ranga like my 7 yr old niece and still has her photo with him on his fridge when she was only 3)
AJ (love what he represents for our club) Bullflogs don't know what "Brave" is.
JPK. What's not to love.
Really all our guys.

5. Favourite players (all time?)
Bedford (met him at The Rising Sun) Who needs the Vatican?
Kelly, Plugger, Goodsey, Mickey O (If i need to smile I just youtube Micky O Vs West Coke Fat Bogans in the goal square).

Our game against Geelong in 05 that got us into the GF.
Grand Final Win 2005.
My first game at the MCG and it was the 2012 Grand Final.
Partying at The Rising Sun in South Melbourne into the early hours after the 2012 GF then playing kick to kick with strangers over the tram lines.
The standing ovation we gave Goodsey in the 7th min of the 3rd qtr against Adelaide at the SCG.

Drinking Schofferhoffers at home in Sydney wishing I was at the MCG but with my beer and not the crap they serve at the games.

2012 AFL Grand final coin, a worthy hangover and the memory of being made to feel like family in Melbourne by fellow Swans supporters after the 2012 GF.

Hi everyone

1. Where are you from?
Scone NSW

I rejected everything with English heritage at 9 yrs of age (Irish background) and wanted to follow an Australian game. I wrote to the VFL at the time in 1980 to ask them for an equivalent working class/wharfie team to Balmain Tigers and they kindly replied and suggested South Melbourne.

1980. Difficult to really follow pre internet and relying on the Midnight ABC replays. Rarely able to see them on the telly.

4. Favourite players current?
Reg (In Reg we trust) most underrated player by Melbourne VFL flogs. Looking at you AA selectors.
Gazza (he's a Ranga like my 7 yr old niece and still has her photo with him on his fridge when she was only 3)
AJ (love what he represents for our club) Bullflogs don't know what "Brave" is.
JPK. What's not to love.
Really all our guys.

5. Favourite players (all time?)
Bedford (met him at The Rising Sun) Who needs the Vatican?
Kelly, Plugger, Goodsey, Mickey O (If i need to smile I just youtube Micky O Vs West Coke Fat Bogans in the goal square).

Our game against Geelong in 05 that got us into the GF.
Grand Final Win 2005.
My first game at the MCG and it was the 2012 Grand Final.
Partying at The Rising Sun in South Melbourne into the early hours after the 2012 GF then playing kick to kick with strangers over the tram lines.
The standing ovation we gave Goodsey in the 7th min of the 3rd qtr against Adelaide at the SCG.

Drinking Schofferhoffers at home in Sydney wishing I was at the MCG but with my beer and not the crap they serve at the games.

2012 AFL Grand final coin, a worthy hangover and the memory of being made to feel like family in Melbourne by fellow Swans supporters after the 2012 GF.
Join date Oct 2015 Wait What!? :p

My pop was from Ireland and he pretty much did the same... Didn't want to follow soccer or rugby & chose AFL. He picked the Dons but I won't hold that against him.

Good to see you around about the place after a few quiet years!! :$

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Join date Oct 2015 Wait What!? :p

My pop was from Ireland and he pretty much did the same... Didn't want to follow soccer or rugby & chose AFL. He picked the Dons but I won't hold that against him.

Good to see you around about the place after a few quiet years!! :$
Suspect strong association with user name:D

Andyjh

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2017
Blue Haven
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WWE, Orlando Magic
Gday everyone. My name is Andy, ive been lurking around this board for a couple of years reading posts but only just decided to sign up & join in the conversation.

I have been a swannies boy since 1994.

1. Where are you from? NSW Central Coast
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I was born in Sydney & moved to Melbourne when i was 10. Needed to pick a team to fit in so i picked my home team.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 23 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, Lloyd, Buddy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Plugger, Mickey O, Kirky, Hanners.
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 the whole year (except the last 3/4 of the gf) & the premierships.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? My house
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Adam Goodes signed Sherrin

Swannnnn

Senior List
Oct 24, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Guys,

Been following the BF Swans board religiously this year since there is such a slow trickle of swans news here in nsw.

Relatively new swans fan (been since 2002, when i started following afl)

1. Where are you from? Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? 2002
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 15 Years
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirky
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 GF
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, was supposed to be studying for my HSC but couldn't concentrate on any study material
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own Signed photos of Barry Hall and Tahg kennelley

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Wait your leaving?
It has been made clear that some or all of my content contravenes rules of BigFooty, as well as off site linking, advertising posts through social media, my name change and parts of my signature, website and social media content, advertising content, app and promotions (that I ran out of my own pocket).

I can't even say what my level of membership is either. Since its considered advertising in line with previous posts on the matter.

I'm usually too busy to lurk anyway.

It has been made clear that some or all of my content contravenes rules of BigFooty, as well as off site linking, advertising posts through social media, my name change and parts of my signature, website and social media content, advertising content, app and promotions (that I ran out of my own pocket).

I can't even say what my level of membership is either. Since its considered advertising in line with previous posts on the matter.

Ahhh that sucks.

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
Sayōnara, auf widersehen, adieu, adieu, adieu.

On s'est bien amusés.

Hasta luego.
I don't speak the lingo, but all of that seems like an over-reaction. Don't go!

Sayōnara, auf widersehen, adieu, adieu, adieu.

On s'est bien amusés.

Hasta luego.

Why leave because you can't advertise? Isn't the point of Bigfooty especially in relation to the Swans Board to discuss/argue/agree/disagree/etc.... with like minded people who love talking football? Meeting up with people at games, pre-game drinks, etc.....

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
The fact that I've had to block and mute other Swans supporters for regularly attacking my posts or blog, or generally being nuisances and having a go at me in pm is reason enough. The only thing that kept me here was posting articles from my blog. Discussion was hardly worth it, with everyone doing their very best to always look superior than everyone else, and openly attacking them when they disagreed.

Anyone that wants to remain in contact hit me up on pm I'll give you my details, otherwise you can find me on social media.

Given the Swans community on BigFooty is small, I expected more from some posters, at least respect for one another, but sometimes that's asking far beyond what they're willing to give.

I don't have the time anymore to engage in a lot of topics.

The fact that I've had to block and mute other Swans supporters for regularly attacking my posts or blog, or generally being nuisances and having a go at me in pm is reason enough. The only thing that kept me here was posting articles from my blog. Discussion was hardly worth it, with everyone doing their very best to always look superior than everyone else, and openly attacking them when they disagreed.

Anyone that wants to remain in contact hit me up on pm I'll give you my details, otherwise you can find me on social media.

Given the Swans community on BigFooty is small, I expected more from some posters, at least respect for one another, but sometimes that's asking far beyond what they're willing to give.

That's truly disappointing. Given were all together on a board to share our own opinions and thoughts. Well I wish you all the best for the future and you're always welcome back.

Your life, your choice, but sad to see you go... Good luck!

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods

Sorry to hear that. People come and go as real life gets in the way. Only natural.

Shits me when people leave because they essentially feel persecuted. That's a sure sign a board is going to crap.

Good luck and enjoy season 2018!

Back