Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Where are you from? Born n Mt Gambier, grew up in Canberra, Sydney, London, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Not sure - so long ago
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? since 1977
4. Favourite players (current)? Ronke, Aliir, Buddy, Rampe, Florent, Sam Reid when fit
5. Favourite players (all time)? Graeme Teasdale was my first hero, but have loved Kelly, Plugger, Goodes, Malceski and many more
6. Favourite Swans memories? Coaching the halt time kids (Willoughby Wildcats under 10s in the Swans jumpers against the Bombers in 85 when the Swans seniors put 30 goals passed the Bombers, playing with Rod Carter, Matthew Lloyd (Swans version), Tony Smith and a few others at Sydney Uni. Meeting Stevie Wright on many occasions back in the 80s
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Playing cricket in Austria! Found out via tex
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005GF DVD
Welcome! :)

1. Where are you from? Sydney (Camden way)
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Location
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Lifelong but past 5 years AFL became number 1 sport taking over NRL
4. Favourite players (current)? Parker, Rampe
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirk, Dunkley, Maxfield, Hall, Goodes, O'Keefe
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005, 2012 (Obviously) but beating Geelong down the Cattery for Macca was priceless
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In my bedroom hiding under my sheet for the last 5 minutes
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 GF DVD followed closely by my 2005 GF DVD

1. Where are you from?

Sydney

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?

Sydney team

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?

Since they located to Sydney

4. Favourite players (current)?

Franklin , Heeney, Kennedy

5. Favourite players (all time)?

Goodes, Lockett, Franklin,

6. Favourite Swans memories?

GF Wins

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?

Going bonkers at home

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

Been posting a little lately so thought I'd do the formal intro!

1. Where are you from?

Grew up in Newcastle, now live down in Melbourne.

As a first generation AFL supporter I started supporting Sydney as they were the closest team geographically to where I lived as a kid so it made sense at the time.

Since I was about 8 years old, so a little over 20 years now.

Mills, Buddy, Heeney and Kennedy are a few that spring to mind

Adam Goodes for his flexibility across the ground in multiple positions and all-round x factor in important moments.

2012 grand final in a pub in Newcastle with only about 10 other people watching the game and going off my head in the last quarter.

Late in high school for me so probably at a band practice..

Been posting a little lately so thought I'd do the formal intro!

1. Where are you from?

Grew up in Newcastle, now live down in Melbourne.

As a first generation AFL supporter I started supporting Sydney as they were the closest team geographically to where I lived as a kid so it made sense at the time.

Since I was about 8 years old, so a little over 20 years now.

Mills, Buddy, Heeney and Kennedy are a few that spring to mind

Adam Goodes for his flexibility across the ground in multiple positions and all-round x factor in important moments.

2012 grand final in a pub in Newcastle with only about 10 other people watching the game and going off my head in the last quarter.

Late in high school for me so probably at a band practice..
Welcome!

Howdi all, Hashdag here, swanophile dad joke lover and keenly interested in list management.
1. Where are you from? Born in Melbourne and moved to Sydney in ‘92. Had followed Essendon up to this point. Did the standard Aussie stint in London in the mid ‘00s.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Went to my first game in ‘92 and and then to most (losing games) that season and in 93 and 94. Still considered myself a dons supporter with a swans soft spot until the 96 final when plugger kicked his famous point. Halfway through that game I took off my dons jersey when i realised my true allegiances, and haven’t looked back more (drugs crisis) or less (2000 dons premiership) since!!!!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Read the novel I wrote above.
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy, Hewett, Grundy and Hayward.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Kirk, Bayes, Buchanan, plugger and Kelly.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Pluggers point. And the win over Port Adelaide in the QF in 2003 when Goodes was amazing and Bazza correctly predicted his Brownlow.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the ‘G in the standing room section.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Footy signed by a certain number 4 and 14.

Howdi all, Hashdag here, swanophile dad joke lover and keenly interested in list management.
1. Where are you from? Born in Melbourne and moved to Sydney in ‘92. Had followed Essendon up to this point. Did the standard Aussie stint in London in the mid ‘00s.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Went to my first game in ‘92 and and then to most (losing games) that season and in 93 and 94. Still considered myself a dons supporter with a swans soft spot until the 96 final when plugger kicked his famous point. Halfway through that game I took off my dons jersey when i realised my true allegiances, and haven’t looked back more (drugs crisis) or less (2000 dons premiership) since!!!!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Read the novel I wrote above.
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy, Hewett, Grundy and Hayward.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Kirk, Bayes, Buchanan, plugger and Kelly.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Pluggers point. And the win over Port Adelaide in the QF in 2003 when Goodes was amazing and Bazza correctly predicted his Brownlow.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the ‘G in the standing room section.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Footy signed by a certain number 4 and 14.

First of all, I just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm a huge league fan but have always been on and off AFL until recently and am looking to get into following the Swans for the 2019 season.

1. Where are you from? Redfern, Sydney (if that wasn't obvious)
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Hometown team and I've been a supporter from the outside looking to get in the thick of it!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? On and off since 2005 but looking to get into it this coming off-season!
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, Buddy, Aliir
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, O'Loughlin (generic I know)
6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 GF, 12 GF, O'Loughlin giving it to the West Coast fans in 06. Not a favourite memory but one that I remember the most was the disappointment after the 06 grand final. That always stuck with me.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home watching on the tv with family.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Don't own anything...yet. But love the design of the Indigenous jersey.

First of all, I just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm a huge league fan but have always been on and off AFL until recently and am looking to get into following the Swans for the 2019 season.

1. Where are you from? Redfern, Sydney (if that wasn't obvious)
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Hometown team and I've been a supporter from the outside looking to get in the thick of it!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? On and off since 2005 but looking to get into it this coming off-season!
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, Buddy, Aliir
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, O'Loughlin (generic I know)
6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 GF, 12 GF, O'Loughlin giving it to the West Coast fans in 06. Not a favourite memory but one that I remember the most was the disappointment after the 06 grand final. That always stuck with me.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home watching on the tv with family.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Don't own anything...yet. But love the design of the Indigenous jersey.

Hello, I'm from reddit and decided to check bigfooty out.
1. I was born in Sydney but I currently live in Melbourne.
2. I was so young I can't completely remember. It might have been the colours or the mascot. Either way it worked out because I was born in Sydney.
3. 2010, I lost interest in footy from 2011 to 2016 but jumped back on board last year.
4. Buddy Franklin
5. Tony Lockett, Nick Davis or Leo Barry
6. Last years after the siren win against Essendon.
7. I was only four so I don't remember.
8. I have a normal bar scarf but it's special to me because I got it back in 2010 when I was in Grade 2.

Hey Bloods - long time perv, time to contribute

1. Where are you from? Currently Bendigo, but grew up on the coast in Vic
2. Why did you start supporting the Bloods? Was born into it, the old man is South through and through
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 34 years!
4. Favourite players (current)? Ramps, Hewett, Heeney and Parks.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Jude, Goodesy and Bobby
6. Favourite Swans memories? 05 & 12 + a practice match way back when, when Micky O was a rookie and had me hold his pear whilst he scribbled on my hat
06. Worst memory? 2014. Flew out for work in beijing at the end of the game. Was drowning my sorrows pre-flight when a bunch of Hawks supporters rolled in. I didn't hold back...
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At a mates in Melbourne. Put on the Birthday suit and ran down Maroondah Hwy
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? My missus' Swans jumper that she wore to the 96 GF.

Go Bloods!

5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Jude, Goodesy and Bobby

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At a mates in Melbourne. Put on the Birthday suit and ran down Maroondah Hwy
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Legend.

Welcome!

Reckon you'll fit right in here mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after going through everyone's post I feel bad for never having posted here before

1. Where are you from? Inner West Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I don't think I ever had a choice in it. My dad, brother & sisters all support the Swannies too
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Member since '96 but have been going since as long as I remember. We could just get in for free prior so never bought a ticket
4. Favourite players (current)? Papley, Aliir, Heeney
5. Favourite players (all time)? LRT, Malceski, Schwass
6. Favourite Swans memories? In no particular order: Goodes' first Brownlow; beating Carlton in round 13 96; The crowd chanting "Carey's a w***er" at a home game some time in the 90s; Rohan's winning goal after the siren against Essendon; the '05 Grand Final; the '12 Grand Final; Creswell scoring the winning goal after the siren in '02; Ronke kicking 7 against the Hawks
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? My dads place watching the game
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? One night at a charity event there was a live auction for a signed Sydney Swans ball which had the whole teams signatures. It was at a beer festival so needless to say I was pretty drunk. Well I ended up spending about $1200 on it. Very much regret spending that money on it...... That or the Swans Guernsey I got for my dog and had to sow it so it fits him properly.

1. Where are you from? Timaru
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? They were on TV so often
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? since 1986
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Luffy
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 Prelim Final v Essendon
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? On Grindr
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Cast iron door stop and 1996 membership card (featuring Paul Kelly on the front).

1. Where are you from? Timaru
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? They were on TV so often
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? since 1986
4. Favourite players (current)? Buddy
5. Favourite players (all time)? Luffy
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 Prelim Final v Essendon
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? On Grindr
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Cast iron door stop and 1996 membership card (featuring Paul Kelly on the front).
Welcome :)

1. Where are you from? The northern beaches of Sydney, but now living in Perth
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? 1996 (then g/f, now wife got me into the AFL after I grew up a league fan)
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 23 years - a member all that time
4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker (my son idolizes him)
5. Favourite players (all time)? Leaping Leo, Teddy Richards & The Hyphenator.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Running onto the ground when Plugger broke the goal kicking record
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In front of the TV at home
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Mike Pyke's 2012 GF jersey

1. Where are you from? The northern beaches of Sydney, but now living in Perth
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? 1996 (then g/f, now wife got me into the AFL after I grew up a league fan)
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 23 years - a member all that time
4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker (my son idolizes him)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Running onto the ground when Plugger broke the goal kicking record
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In front of the TV at home
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Mike Pyke's 2012 GF jersey
Welcome! Always great to see new posters on the board.

Definitely not enough LRT love going on in here until this IMO... Great to see!

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions etc then just let me know.

Sorry but I could have gone into way too much depth with some of these questions. Carn Bloods

1. Where are you from?
Melbourne
Dad's side of the family were old South supporters
As long as I can remember since the early 90's
Co-captain's, Dawson, the two Cal's
Paul Kelly, Micky O, Jude Bolton, Malceski, Teddy/Reg/Smooch
Going to the 'G, Waverley, Princes Park in the 90's as a youngster.
'05 granny thinking a WCE player had marked it until we saw the Swans players jumping on each other (couldn't hear the siren).
Going to all the Swans' finals in 2012.
In the standing area losing it!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? First jumper, long sleeve #14 covered in signatures from the time

Sorry but I could have gone into way too much depth with some of these questions. Carn Bloods

1. Where are you from?
Melbourne
Dad's side of the family were old South supporters
As long as I can remember since the early 90's
Co-captain's, Dawson, the two Cal's
Paul Kelly, Micky O, Jude Bolton, Malceski, Teddy/Reg/Smooch
Going to the 'G, Waverley, Princes Park in the 90's as a youngster.
'05 granny thinking a WCE player had marked it until we saw the Swans players jumping on each other (couldn't hear the siren).
Going to all the Swans' finals in 2012.
In the standing area losing it!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? First jumper, long sleeve #14 covered in signatures from the time
Welcome aboard the good ship HMAS Swans BF.

Now... how much for the Paul Kelly signed jumper? :p

1. Where are you from?
Currently Langwarrin, Melbourne (Luke Parker & Zac Foot territory). Originally Wheelers Hill, Melbourne

My Dad

39 years

Kennedy Parker Heeney

Not really one for favorites, let's say Stevie Wright, Barry Mitchell, Greg Murphy, Mark Bayes, Paul Kelly, Michael O'loughlin, Adam Goodes, Nick Smith

I like footy in general so just like watching a good game. Still have good memories of going to MCG finals during 80s during Edelstein era, even though we lost them all. Was overseas from 2001 to 2015 so missed the premierships, but good memories watching from afar. Played little league for Swans in mid 80s, so, running out on to the g at half time, and playing at princes park at half time (we played the whole ground back then). We also had some school pie nights and met Warwick Capper, David Rhys Jones, Stevie Wright, Barry Mitchell

In the Wimbledon Walkabout, (London), got there about 5.30am. Made it even more surreal. Would advise not drinking that early, but helped to steady the nerves.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Still have an old vfl junior jumper, old scarf and beenie. Recall getting some autographs on the 80s but not sure what I did with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back