Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hi all, I thought I should finally do this.
Been lurking for a few years and finally posted back at trade period, I'm not very active but always reading most threads. Being a swans fanatic I enjoy following the discussions and am grateful to stumble across the community.

Kudos to all the mods and the regular posters, your commitment is appreciated.

1. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Wagga. Now living on the Sunshine Coast.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
By chance as a 3 yr old I was drawn to the colours and have been supporting ever since.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
30 years

4. Favourite players (current)?
Mills is the standout. I love his toughness, courage, temperament and footy IQ. I think he embodies what the bloods are about.
Super excited about Errol the Turk and 'theChad'

5. Favourite players (all time)?
Paul Kelly and Tony Lockett are my childhood hero's. Brett Kirk and Adam Goodes are hard to go past and I also loved LRT what a warrior.

6.Favourite Swans memories?
Premierships obviously in a class of their own.
I was at the Nick Davis miracle game, the atmosphere in the 4th and post match is something I'll never forget.
School clinic's and other random signing events as a young fella were amazing.
More recently the win over the Giants when all staff belted out the song. The emotions and connectedness on display there was a proud to be a supporter type moment.

7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
At a friend's place for a massive GF BBQ party. Under-age drinking having a wow of a time. Celebrations were epic for a bunch of 15/16 yr olds anyway.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia
Framed signed photo and accompanying newspaper article of myself with Plugger and Kelly. Hard to beat that experience as a child, great memory.

If there are any Sunny Coasters here please reach out. I would be keen to have a beer and watch /talk footy.

Cheer cheer!
Welcome! :)

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi all, I thought I should finally do this.
Been lurking for a few years and finally posted back at trade period, I'm not very active but always reading most threads. Being a swans fanatic I enjoy following the discussions and am grateful to stumble across the community.

Kudos to all the mods and the regular posters, your commitment is appreciated.

1. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Wagga. Now living on the Sunshine Coast.

By chance as a 3 yr old I was drawn to the colours and have been supporting ever since.

30 years

Mills is the standout. I love his toughness, courage, temperament and footy IQ. I think he embodies what the bloods are about.
Super excited about Errol the Turk and 'theChad'

Paul Kelly and Tony Lockett are my childhood hero's. Brett Kirk and Adam Goodes are hard to go past and I also loved LRT what a warrior.

6.Favourite Swans memories?
Premierships obviously in a class of their own.
I was at the Nick Davis miracle game, the atmosphere in the 4th and post match is something I'll never forget.
School clinic's and other random signing events as a young fella were amazing.
More recently the win over the Giants when all staff belted out the song. The emotions and connectedness on display there was a proud to be a supporter type moment.

7.Where were you for the 2005 GF?
At a friend's place for a massive GF BBQ party. Under-age drinking having a wow of a time. Celebrations were epic for a bunch of 15/16 yr olds anyway.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia
Framed signed photo and accompanying newspaper article of myself with Plugger and Kelly. Hard to beat that experience as a child, great memory.

If there are any Sunny Coasters here please reach out. I would be keen to have a beer and watch /talk footy.

Cheer cheer!
Any fan of the great LRT is most welcome here!

SC Swan

Draftee
Aug 6, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Now Sunny Coast, originally the Gong, then Sydney.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Day they moved to Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1983.
4. Favourite players (current)? Errol, Lizard, Heeney, Paps, Buddy, McCartin Bros, Rowie, (love the youth)
5. Favourite players (all time)? The Wiz, Mickey O, Paul Kelly, Big Bad Barry, (too many)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Last Premiership,
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In front of the TV screaming
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Heaps of Caps. (So many people stop & talk to you, by just wearing a Swans Cap anywhere)

1. Where are you from? Now Sunny Coast, originally the Gong, then Sydney.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Day they moved to Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1983.
4. Favourite players (current)? Errol, Lizard, Heeney, Paps, Buddy, McCartin Bros, Rowie, (love the youth)
5. Favourite players (all time)? The Wiz, Mickey O, Paul Kelly, Big Bad Barry, (too many)
6. Favourite Swans memories? Last Premiership,
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In front of the TV screaming
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Heaps of Caps. (So many people stop & talk to you, by just wearing a Swans Cap anywhere)
Great to see you on Swans BF.

Sep 13, 2006
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
St. Kilda
Hello all,

On the eve of another finals series - I thought I would venture back onto Bigfooty! It's been a while since I have used this website and forum, a lot has changed, a lot has remained the same. And to see what was new! Hope to get involved - here is a re-introduction from me!

1. Where are you from? Wagga Wagga - New South Wales. Originally Western Sydney.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? In 1992 after watching my first game of AFL. Naturally fell in love with the Swans living in Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1992.
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, Papley, Buddy, Wil Hayward.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Stuart Maxfield, Brett Kirk, Jarred Crouch.
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 Grand Final.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? A pub in Sydney.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Original South Melbourne Scarf.

Hello all,

On the eve of another finals series - I thought I would venture back onto Bigfooty! It's been a while since I have used this website and forum, a lot has changed, a lot has remained the same. And to see what was new! Hope to get involved - here is a re-introduction from me!

1. Where are you from? Wagga Wagga - New South Wales. Originally Western Sydney.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? In 1992 after watching my first game of AFL. Naturally fell in love with the Swans living in Sydney.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1992.
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, Papley, Buddy, Wil Hayward.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Stuart Maxfield, Brett Kirk, Jarred Crouch.
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 Grand Final.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? A pub in Sydney.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Original South Melbourne Scarf.
Great to have you onboard

mcflyy

Draftee
Sep 6, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi all

New BF Swans member here.

1. Where are you from? Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My older brother took me to Sunday afternoon matches at the SCG as a little kid and I fell in love with supporting the Bloods
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1994
4. Favourite players (current)? Robbie Fox and Tom McCartin
5. Favourite players (all time)? Brett Kirk
6. Favourite Swans memories? Hard to beat the memories of being at the 05 and 12 GFs
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the G down the end where Leaping Leo took his match winning mark
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Kirky’s 100th game match worn and signed guernsey

Last edited:

Lansieee

Draftee
Sep 8, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like we have a new batch of posters slowing infiltrating the board, so it seems to be a good time to create a thread where they can introduce themselves. Welcome to the board and thanks for joining because the more posters we have the better. So, answer the below questions if you'd like, make up your own questions or feel free to just sit and vegetate if that's what you wish.

1. Where are you from?
6. Favourite Swans memories?
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

Any questions about the board then just ask me, Grimlock or Syd and we might answer them. Established posters feel free to join in with the above.

Welcome aboard rookie....

437248-sydney-swans.jpg
1. Melbourne
2. My grandfather lived in a street close to lakeside stadium in the 30s and 40s and it’s ran in the family ever since (except my uncle who transferred to st kilda LMAO)
3.16 years
4. Warner,Ried,Heeny,Parker
5. Adam Goodes
6. Watching the 2012 GF! When I was 6 I still remember jumping of the couch when we won haha
7.In the womb and my mum was at the game while 5 months pregnant with me
8. 2012 GF Gurnsey signed !

Evets123

Draftee
Feb 20, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunderland AFC
Hello everyone. I'm a long-time lurker on this site. It's a sad day today, but that's a catalyst to stick my head out of the trench and start participating on the site.
1. Where are you from? Western Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? 5 years living in Melbourne in the late 80's/early 90's exposed me to AFL. I realised AFL was a way better sport to follow than Rugby League. It was logical to follow the team from my home town, even though they were absolutely s**t in those years.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1988
4. Favourite players (current)? Chad Warner and Callum Mills
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly and Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? Behind the goals at the Randwick end in the 2005 PF against Geelong, with my son and his mate. Seconds to go, Swans just behind, right in front of us Ball taps it down to Davis, who throws it on his boot....
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home going crazy when Leo Barry takes the mark which saved the flag.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Programmes from games in the late 90's and early 00's, when I went to games with my kids and my late dad.

Don't feel down! We've got a great culture and a talented young squad. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun!

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Hello everyone. I'm a long-time lurker on this site. It's a sad day today, but that's a catalyst to stick my head out of the trench and start participating on the site.
1. Where are you from? Western Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? 5 years living in Melbourne in the late 80's/early 90's exposed me to AFL. I realised AFL was a way better sport to follow than Rugby League. It was logical to follow the team from my home town, even though they were absolutely s**t in those years.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 1988
4. Favourite players (current)? Chad Warner and Callum Mills
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly and Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? Behind the goals at the Randwick end in the 2005 PF against Geelong, with my son and his mate. Seconds to go, Swans just behind, right in front of us Ball taps it down to Davis, who throws it on his boot....
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home going crazy when Leo Barry takes the mark which saved the flag.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Programmes from games in the late 90's and early 00's, when I went to games with my kids and my late dad.

Don't feel down! We've got a great culture and a talented young squad. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun!

Welcome.
Thanks for providing at least one safe thread to read tonight.

Zanerednwhite

Debutant
Feb 2, 2023
AFL Club
Sydney
G'day every one my names Zane my friends call me Zaneo. Much like Evets long time lurker first time poster. I thought I would finally take the plunge and join up as I enjoy so much of the extremely insighful takes and there's nothing I enjoy more the learning from those with great insights and knowledgeable ESPECIALLY when it comes to all things swans.

Hopefully administration allows this I'm being a bit lazy instead of answering the questions I recently did an interview with an awesome swans supporter from the states in which I actually answered alot of them there.

Look forward to meeting you all 👍

G'day every one my names Zane my friends call me Zaneo. Much like Evets long time lurker first time poster. I thought I would finally take the plunge and join up as I enjoy so much of the extremely insighful takes and there's nothing I enjoy more the learning from those with great insights and knowledgeable ESPECIALLY when it comes to all things swans.

Hopefully administration allows this I'm being a bit lazy instead of answering the questions I recently did an interview with an awesome swans supporter from the states in which I actually answered alot of them there.

Look forward to meeting you all 👍

Welcome mate.

First post. Cant believe I scored this user name lol.

Hubby is a mad Hawk (hence they are my second team).
Welcome, great name and great to have another girlie on board!

Can't say much for your Mr's choice of teams but it takes all kinds to make a footy world!

Jul 21, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
1) Where are you from - Williamstown

2) Why did you start supporting the Swans - Genetic, my father supported South Melbourne. I remember I came home from school one day in 1969 after Peter Hudson had visited my school as a representative of the State Savings Bank and I asked Dad who my football team was. He said "you barrack for the Bloods".

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? - Since 1969 so 54 years.

4. Favourite players (current)? - Tom Hickey, Chad Warner.

5. Favourite players (all time)? - Bobby Skilton, Troy Luff.

6. Favourite Swans memories? - 1) 2005 Premiership; 2) Malceski's last quarter goal in the 2012 Grand Final. 3) 1996 Preliminary Final (if you weren't there you couldn't know how crazy the crowd went after the game); 4) Plugger's 16 goals at the Western Oval against Fitzroy (Myself and my father were two of the few there).

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? - MCC Members directly below the TV cameras (what you saw on TV was my viewpoint too). Sneaked in to the members on someone else's card!!!

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? - I have a South Melbourne tie I was awarded as best on the ground playing for South Melbourne's Little League in a game against Essendon at Windy Hill in 1972.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
1) Where are you from - Williamstown

2) Why did you start supporting the Swans - Genetic, my father supported South Melbourne. I remember I came home from school one day in 1969 after Peter Hudson had visited my school as a representative of the State Savings Bank and I asked Dad who my football team was. He said "you barrack for the Bloods".

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? - Since 1969 so 54 years.

4. Favourite players (current)? - Tom Hickey, Chad Warner.

5. Favourite players (all time)? - Bobby Skilton, Troy Luff.

6. Favourite Swans memories? - 1) 2005 Premiership; 2) Malceski's last quarter goal in the 2012 Grand Final. 3) 1996 Preliminary Final (if you weren't there you couldn't know how crazy the crowd went after the game); 4) Plugger's 16 goals at the Western Oval against Fitzroy (Myself and my father were two of the few there).

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? - MCC Members directly below the TV cameras (what you saw on TV was my viewpoint too). Sneaked in to the members on someone else's card!!!

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? - I have a South Melbourne tie I was awarded as best on the ground playing for South Melbourne's Little League in a game against Essendon at Windy Hill in 1972.
Welcome!

Always great to see a new poster who appreciates the history of the club AND the great Luffy!

Apr 30, 2023
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
So I'm also new here, and before I start causing controversy on the forums with my opinions, I thought I'd better start off and introduce myself properly and get the niceties out the way. I'm a long time supporter, I love the Swans, but I'm not afraid to say when I think they are doing something wrong, despite the fact I know I'm a couch coach. It's not an easy game to coach or be a part of, but my passion gets the better of me sometimes. But no matter what I say or think, I'll always love them and support them, and go/watch them every week I can, which gets harder now that I have kids, but I'm slowly brainwashing them

To answer the questions:

1. Where are you from?

Born and bred in Melbourne, with stints in Newcastle, Sydney, St Andrews, Whistler and Vancouver. But all settled in Melbourne now.

I was living in Sydney in 1996 and when we made the GF my friends started talking about it so I got slightly interested, however, it was when I moved to Melbourne in 1998 as a 15 year old, I realised the easiest way to make friends was to learn about footy, so, coming from Sydney, I chose them, and the rest is history!

Since 1996, but properly since 1998

Chad Warner and Tom Papley. Buddy was there, but I think he went a year too long personally.

Buddy, Goodesy, Mickey O, Plugger and Paul Kelly

Sitting behind the winning goals at the 2012 GF in a group of Swans supports who I had never met before. When that goal went through, I loved watching all the Hawks supporters slumping down, and hugging randoms all around me knowing we had won!

Also, training/brainwashing my 2yo daughter to cheer when I say Swannies, and boo when I say Blues (my wife's team)

Living in Vancouver watching the game at an Aussie pub there at 9:30pm on the Friday night, getting very drunk and teaching Canadians about footy. When Leo took that mark, I just stopped drinking until I saw them all jump on each other!

I have the full collection of the WEG posts for all our GF wins, as well as my ticket from 2012

Looking forward to plenty of lively debates, and as always, go Swannies!

So I'm also new here, and before I start causing controversy on the forums with my opinions, I thought I'd better start off and introduce myself properly and get the niceties out the way. I'm a long time supporter, I love the Swans, but I'm not afraid to say when I think they are doing something wrong, despite the fact I know I'm a couch coach. It's not an easy game to coach or be a part of, but my passion gets the better of me sometimes. But no matter what I say or think, I'll always love them and support them, and go/watch them every week I can, which gets harder now that I have kids, but I'm slowly brainwashing them

To answer the questions:

1. Where are you from?

Born and bred in Melbourne, with stints in Newcastle, Sydney, St Andrews, Whistler and Vancouver. But all settled in Melbourne now.

I was living in Sydney in 1996 and when we made the GF my friends started talking about it so I got slightly interested, however, it was when I moved to Melbourne in 1998 as a 15 year old, I realised the easiest way to make friends was to learn about footy, so, coming from Sydney, I chose them, and the rest is history!

Since 1996, but properly since 1998

Chad Warner and Tom Papley. Buddy was there, but I think he went a year too long personally.

Buddy, Goodesy, Mickey O, Plugger and Paul Kelly

Sitting behind the winning goals at the 2012 GF in a group of Swans supports who I had never met before. When that goal went through, I loved watching all the Hawks supporters slumping down, and hugging randoms all around me knowing we had won!

Also, training/brainwashing my 2yo daughter to cheer when I say Swannies, and boo when I say Blues (my wife's team)

Living in Vancouver watching the game at an Aussie pub there at 9:30pm on the Friday night, getting very drunk and teaching Canadians about footy. When Leo took that mark, I just stopped drinking until I saw them all jump on each other!

I have the full collection of the WEG posts for all our GF wins, as well as my ticket from 2012

Looking forward to plenty of lively debates, and as always, go Swannies!
Welcome :sydney:

Back