Autopsy Swans fly high against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
No not against him, just him replacing Hickey permanently just yet. On what I have seen so far in a couple of games I think Hickey is the better of the two options when fit. IMO Ladhams is obviously going to be the ruck in the future so we are on the same page, but Hickey has been pretty good for the last season and a bit.
Totally agree. Ladhams has improved a lot over his early games and shown a lot but the Hick is much cagier against the big dogs like Gawn.
I wonder when Hick is fit whether Ladhams stays as third tall. I had originally thought that but both McLean and McDonald have been going OK so now I don't know. Not sure if his positional work would be good enough. I hope they work on that too - he has the talent.

No not against him, just him replacing Hickey permanently just yet. On what I have seen so far in a couple of games I think Hickey is the better of the two options when fit. IMO Ladhams is obviously going to be the ruck in the future so we are on the same page, but Hickey has been pretty good for the last season and a bit.

We should play both. I do feel it's a huge advantage having two rucks especially if one (Ladhams) is VERY GOOD up forward.

Totally agree. Ladhams has improved a lot over his early games and shown a lot but the Hick is much cagier against the big dogs like Gawn.
I wonder when Hick is fit whether Ladhams stays as third tall. I had originally thought that but both McLean and McDonald have been going OK so now I don't know. Not sure if his positional work would be good enough. I hope they work on that too - he has the talent.

I'd play him over both going forward and this is despite me wanting to get games into Logan. Two rucks and both can rest forward. 75/25 split.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to hand in my membership as there should be no reason for such a thing to exist. I don't have a problem with criticising our players and God knows I cop it for doing so, but it's all in the name of wanting them to do well. I can't imagine what pleasure there is in actively celebrating a player's poor performance.
It grows on you after a while, give it some time.

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m with the few that mentioned Blakey’s effort in this game. Thought he was pretty close to Parker as 2nd best. Kicking was ridiculous, and a couple of defensive plays that demonstrate his continued development and maturity.
Again without setting the world on fire, Hayward was really solid and becoming very workmanlike with his contribution.
Maclean becoming more ensconced with each week. Really like the No-fuss way he goes about it. And Benny looking every bit a part of the gang.
Chaddy goes BANG… not once but twice. Bewwwdiful kick of the footy.
Braeden has a subtle but cocky little swagger about him that I love. Can’t wait for him to show us his full bag of tricks at this level.
Funny how a 2-time AA, former club champion, 3-time club leading goalkicker, 3-time 22 under 22, can get held to 3 possessions in 3/4 of a game when the midfield comes back from taking smoko at the first bounce. Wingard, in that mood, would have done the same to anybody with the opportunities presented him in that first quarter. But yeah… we should burn Harry at the stake.

Icing on the cake… JPK’s outstanding cameo helping to steer the ship home in Q4. One of those Footy God moments imo.

PS. I’m also with those that want anybody but Jake taking the kick-ins.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
i don't think lloyd is dreadful at all. He has popped up a couple that gave away goals. That is not good and he needs to make better decisions. But his defending is not too bad. He hasn't had lots of goals kicked on him, unlike Harry who has been taken to the cleaners in nearly every match.
you are right re defending, only thing is Lloyd gets the ball so much, that his really start to mount, in particular last week.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Some interesting stats that popped up last week regarding things this season.

If you're ahead at the end of the first quarter you've got 64% chance of winning the game
If you're ahead at halftime you've got a massive 83% chance of winning the game
Only 2 teams this year have been down 30+ and won

These first 2 figures are up from last year. We defied both on the weekend, but we can't keep getting jumped and expect to win.

And yes, if you're ahead at the end you win and some would say that's all that matters (included for the smarty pants)

Back