Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
One thing at impressed me was aliirs work ethic.. i was right on the boundary and in the last the poor bloke was out on his feet. Found out later he was crook but his cardio and legs were shot..and he was gut running. The guy was absolutely hurting and was putting in 100% running back and forth to apply pressure.. was great to watch

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
One thing at impressed me was aliirs work ethic.. i was right on the boundary and in the last the poor bloke was out on his feet. Found out later he was crook but his cardio and legs were shot..and he was gut running. The guy was absolutely hurting and was putting in 100% running back and forth to apply pressure.. was great to watch
I'm really loving what Aliir is doing for our team at present. He has come a long way.

Nothing replaces being at the ground. It is where you see the little things like that the Telly cannot convey.

Always enjoy reading first hand accounts such as yours.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Last 20 seconds of the game Allir was in no mans land when we needed a score :(

After Rampe and Parker, AA is our next most important player getting on the ground. Rank him ahead of JPK and Papley in the current top five.

Ahead of Parker for mine.

Sir Dane and Aliir are the number one and two reasons we are not 18th with one win to our name.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Is that no-mans land, though? I'd have thought a clearing-kick's distance away in the F50 would be a useful spot in the scenario. Surely better than an extra tall in close.

I'm guessing it's no man's land because the ball is most likely to go towards the boundary in the event of a quick Freo clearing kick. Freo players would be unlikely to clear it into the corridor. So to be most useful he either needed to move over to make Lobb & Melican a 2 on 1 or get up earlier into the stoppage to hopefully snaffle a loose ball for a quick snap at goal (a la Dane Rampe in that crazy comeback against Essendon a couple of years ago).

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
Is that no-mans land, though? I'd have thought a clearing-kick's distance away in the F50 would be a useful spot in the scenario. Surely better than an extra tall in close.

Was thinking the same thing. If the ball is hacked out quickly, then he could be in the right place to grab it.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm guessing it's no man's land because the ball is most likely to go towards the boundary in the event of a quick Freo clearing kick.
Which it ended up doing. ☹️

Well, closer to the boundary than where Aliir was, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing it's no man's land because the ball is most likely to go towards the boundary in the event of a quick Freo clearing kick. Freo players would be unlikely to clear it into the corridor. So to be most useful he either needed to move over to make Lobb & Melican a 2 on 1 or get up earlier into the stoppage to hopefully snaffle a loose ball for a quick snap at goal (a la Dane Rampe in that crazy comeback against Essendon a couple of years ago).

Outlet kick agree

Outlet kick agree

A panicked scrubber kick as the player is tackled could be inadvertantly centred in which case AA could have been perfectly placed

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Ahead of Parker for mine.

Sir Dane and Aliir are the number one and two reasons we are not 18th with one win to our name.
No way José. Rampe yes, Parker is a star. Aliir is good but a long way to go. Needs to tackle better, defend ground balls and consistenly take simple marks (dropped a tonne on the weekend).

No way José. Rampe yes, Parker is a star. Aliir is good but a long way to go. Needs to tackle better, defend ground balls and consistenly take simple marks (dropped a tonne on the weekend).

Parker needs better composure, needs to keep his feet better, not do stupid things off the play that give away crucial frees, and actually look where he's kicking before he kicks it.

Do you see where this is going? We could rattle off a list of flaws in every player on the list.

So we may have to agree to disagree here. I'd happily take Aliir in defence any day over Parker in the midfield. You probably think the opposite so nothing will be achieved here. Bloodied52 will appreciate the José reference though :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back