Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

we need to blow the list up

some tough calls, move kennedy would be job 1 if possible

and some of these kids without naming names just arent that good despite some of the hype they get

trade a few if someone will pay

I just about give up. We re-signed a coach who sees what works and does the opposite. We re-signed a coach who sees flaws in our ability to hit a target and we see no improvement across 3 years. We re-sign a coach who plays favourites and is complicit in selecting players that damage the team.

Sorry but this is nothing but a ******* joke.

Pretty excellent effort, but our side at this point is kinda s**t. Oh well, bring on the Top 5 pick!

Add McLean to the "looks good" category. But apart from Blakey I really don't know if any of them are going to be Kennedy/Franklin/Goodes level or thereabouts.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Heeney the highlight reel with a great mark and nothing else

Skills are shocking , I mean ******* s**t for the top level. Entries et etc

Call might have to made on Kennedy unfortunately

Florents one arm tackles are weak af

McLean was no worries at all

Reid tried his guts out
Did Heeney steal your missus? Because your hatred for someone that was probably in our best 5 and arguably stopped three goals in the last through intercept plays and tackles is baffling.He never claimed to be a world beater yet you seem to be holding him to a standard expected of a Garry Ablett Jnr in his best years.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Beatson/Darlymple have a lot of work to do in the offseason in terms of the list. I think we might trade away pick 3 for an immediate contributor in the midfield. Something like the Brisbane Lions did by trading their high draft pick for Lachie Neale which has paid off massively. They might think this is their last shot with Buddy.

We will have pick 4 or 5 and we better not trade it away.

I can just imagine us getting someone like Oliver from Melbourne even though that would be an awful decision as Oliver is a lot like Lloyd in that he gets plenty of the ball but does nothing with it. First time in a few decades we have had a top pick, we better use it and not trade it away.

1. Better draft pick! You absolute ripper. That's the main thing for the rest of this season, I want a top 5 pick.

2. Mills, Rowbottom and Reid very good. McClean very good on debut too.

3. Coaching pathetic, didn't even try and get a score as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be fine.

if people want to celebrate the great spirit improving this week etc on last week i agree

but this misbelief the list will suddenly be good next year will leave a lot dissapointed imo

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
That’s a pretty bad loss to a poor side. Highly annoying. We were looking quite good just a few weeks ago, but now it just looks grim. We have no one to kick goals and the skill level is painfully low. We tried and scrapped, but it’s just not good enough really. We should be better than this. I’m not used to the Swans being so s**t.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Our upside is much better than Fremantle’s and we potentially improved our draft position.

They won tonight so they could quite rightfully think their upside is better than ours. Our upside still have to live up to their potential and we've seen enough to know now this is not a given at the Swans.

Too annoyed to say anything other than ... **** Fremantle. I know it comes off as irrational hatred but if people knew half the **** this mob did that the public don’t know about they’d understand it. I’ll deal with us later but for now I’m going to wallow in the loss to this disgrace of a club

1. Better draft pick! You absolute ripper. That's the main thing for the rest of this season, I want a top 5 pick.

2. Mills, Rowbottom and Reid very good. Amerty very good on debut too.

3. Coaching pathetic, didn't even try and get a score as usual.
Who amerty?

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Did Heeney steal your missus? Because your hatred for someone that was probably in our best 5 and arguably stopped three goals in the last through intercept plays and tackles is baffling.He never claimed to be a world beater yet you seem to be holding him to a standard expected of a Garry Ablett Jnr in his best years.
Best 5? I’m with punts on this one mate (not hate) but he was very ordinary. 5 minutes doesn’t make a game!

If you threw Melican in with it they would piss their pants.

mellican would be well behind them walking in to the meeting, giving them at least 20 metres

Lloyd had it 42 times...don’t know how many were kick outs, it seemed he made some really poor decions around the ground with his disposal...not to mention a really gettable one that probably wins it. Love to know how the club rates that performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back