Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

I disagree, he hasn't improved quite as much as I hoped he would, but his play with ball in hand is steadily improving and he's much better defensively than he was at the start of the year. He still has a long way to go, but I think he's improved as the year has gone on

Every week he is 10 metres off his opponent , if he gets 0 kicks but stays and competes one on one it would be an improvement for mine

Melican hasn’t improved at all this year :(

I can’t think of many who have. Aliir, Dawson, COR, maybe Papley & Hewett. That’s about it.

Poor form is contagious in young sides with a lack of leadership to stop the rot. Been the story of our year really and why hardly any Swans can string together more than two or three good games in a row.

The last 3 weeks have shown just how vital Callum Sinclair has been to the side functioning. He's never been or going to be a star but he's shouldered so much work over the last 2 years and we're significantly worse without him. We need to upgrade from him at the end of this year, I think we'd all agree on that, but I think it's worth mentioning that without him we're substantially worse.

I think his contract could come back to bite but his 2019 has been fantastic

I agree we feel his absence

McLean did a good job , maybe he and Sinclair could of played together to ease the burden

I can’t think of many who have. Aliir, Dawson, COR, maybe Papley & Hewett. That’s about it.

Poor form is contagious in young sides with a lack of leadership to stop the rot. Been the story of our year really and why hardly any Swans can string together more than two or three good games in a row.

Mills

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Every week he is 10 metres off his opponent , if he gets 0 kicks but stays and competes one on one it would be an improvement for mine

Embellishment aside, he's 22 years old and played less than 40 games. Grundy wasn't as good a defender as Melican at the same age, I'm pretty willing to say. Stick with him and he'll improve very steadily over the next few years.

Prez

Debutant
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Effort was there across the ground but decision making and execution was poor. Boys were trying to take the game on but kept running themselve into trouble (Jones in particular) and in doing so putting players up the field out of position or second guessing which way they were going to turn and deliver. The idea is right, time will improve this connection between players. Improved performance over last week.

If there's any justice, Dane Rampe could not play the remaining 5 games and still have accumulated a big enough lead to win the Skilton. Fantastic first season as captain.

The equation is simple. If he doesn’t win the Skilton, we riot.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Actually, they count ‘em Nowadays (when the kicker plays on - which they always do).

I’m an old man too, so I could be wrong.
No you’re right. When they play out of the square or handball only. I looked it up last night, it’s a Champion Data clarification. Whatever helps out SuperCoach or any other ridiculous game hey?

A couple mentioned Fox's game. Aside from the spectacular - the mark- and the downright funny competing in the ruck against monsters, he put in a solid performance.

He is a tough old fashioned footballers footballer who is great to have in any team. He is also one of our best runners.

It seems his career has been dogged by untimely injury and maybe a lack of faith from the coach.

I half expect he will seek a trade and would not blame him

Don't know if I'll bother watching next week if the likes Florent and Hayward hold their spots next week while Rose is kept in the twos.

******* sick of Horse playing favourites. If he's not going to take every match seriously (by picking the best 22), why should we?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
I'm honestly happy with the result. Never making finals from day 1. Would've only put us behind on the draft. Considering our position and age I'm stoked with the way our players are applying themselves. There's not much to not love about our situation right now if you understand and accept the logic of our postion. Stick with the time. Enjoy the process and get on board with the cycle of being an AFL club. Were in a great position. Embrace it.
Refreshing post.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The last 3 weeks have shown just how vital Callum Sinclair has been to the side functioning. He's never been or going to be a star but he's shouldered so much work over the last 2 years and we're significantly worse without him. We need to upgrade from him at the end of this year, I think we'd all agree on that, but I think it's worth mentioning that without him we're substantially worse.

I always thought it was insane we did not go after Pruess in the off season. He was exactly the sort of player we needed.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
A couple mentioned Fox's game. Aside from the spectacular - the mark- and the downright funny competing in the ruck against monsters, he put in a solid performance.

He is a tough old fashioned footballers footballer who is great to have in any team. He is also one of our best runners.

It seems his career has been dogged by untimely injury and maybe a lack of faith from the coach.

I half expect he will seek a trade and would not blame him
Of he’s not contracted, then no need to trade.

I always thought it was insane we did not go after Pruess in the off season. He was exactly the sort of player we needed.
Same. Plus, what did Melbourne give up for him? Dom Tyson? Lmfao

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

There is no evidence either way whether we approached or not.

We might have called his manager and they said he won’t leave Victoria.

Back