Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Embellishment aside, he's 22 years old and played less than 40 games. Grundy wasn't as good a defender as Melican at the same age, I'm pretty willing to say. Stick with him and he'll improve very steadily over the next few years.

? Can’t agree re grundy

It’s a massive concern if you can’t keep body contact as a defender

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, because he was behind Goldstein at North, and behind Gawn at Melbourne. Not a surprise he is behind those two, both of whom are in the top 5 ruckmen in the competition.
I didn’t know that there were rules in place to say you could only play one ruck per game. My bad I guess? He’s ordinary!

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah it would be fine if it were just isolated, but it's become the story of Papley's form on a weekly basis since the bye. He's ebbing and flowing between being indecisive and doubting himself, and biting off more than he can chew, and not enough in between!

Those few weeks where nearly all of our youngsters were on song simultaneously were a joy to witness, but I did say to enjoy it while we had it as it wouldn't last long. With every boom there's a ka-boom...
With Florent, Hayward and Heeney not in form yesterday Papley kind of had to do everything - so he's trying that and ending up doing not much.
You'd reckon if we'd had a Menzel in the team yesterday he would have been where Papley put those balls. Or if Reid hadn't been running back from all points on the ground as directed by Horse.
It was very frustrating.
Maybe we don't force half the turn-overs we do if we don't have our entire forward line right up the field defending, but it's not much use doing it if we can't kick goals from in anyway. We scored 50 points FFS, and it wasn't a slog, it was end to end stuff mostly.
If Reid had been anchored in the forward fifty he would of kicked 6.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Most teams only play 1 ruck these days. The times of playing two genuine ruckmen in the one team are long gone.
They do depending on match ups, so who’s the first to go out when there’s no need for 2? Preuss!

We didn’t recruit him, obviously didn’t want him and moved on.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
they are a pretty big club, thrown cash around had good players and picks and 0 flags

suns cop it, saints cop it

freo don't
They do in the west, big time.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Most teams only play 1 ruck these days. The times of playing two genuine ruckmen in the one team are long gone.
Except for the current premiers

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Florent needs a rest .. he's a better player than he's showed the last month. Dawson in for Florent
Haywood needs a rest .. ditto as for Florent. Knoll in for Haywood - leaving McLean to play as a forward Ruck

And that team we played last night, Brisbane last night, GWS, Melbourne today...

Freo actually had three last night- Darcy, Lobb and the Statue.

Florent needs a rest .. he's a better player than he's showed the last month. Dawson in for Florent
Haywood needs a rest .. ditto as for Florent. Knoll in for Haywood - leaving McLean to play as a forward Ruck

Think Grassy has not memorised the names of his team mates.

I hope Dawson is returned. The MC may think he needs a spell in the Ressies to show he is in form.

Does anyone know whether Allir copped a corky or hamstring?

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Think Grassy has not memorised the names of his team mates.

I hope Dawson is returned. The MC may think he needs a spell in the Ressies to show he is in form.

Does anyone know whether Allir copped a corky or hamstring?
Does he need to know their names? Would be good to see what he can do. At the least he may give our mids a chance
Pretty sure Dawson will return
Think Allir was just crook.. should be fine next week

Back