Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get upset with the losses atm because i know we we are

More upset with the recruiting of late and were the list is

Bottom 4 list no doubt imo and young players who are massively overrated and champions who are cooked

List is in a shocking place imo

Yeah I’m disappointed we built the list to here with the look of a bottom side for a few years

Effort was good last night

Yeah I’m disappointed we built the list to here with the look of a bottom side for a few years

Effort was good last night
I don't think you can under estimate how important a real ruckman will improve our side, not Sinkers quality but real quality. Planing around ways of getting the pill when you know your going to lose the ruck contest must be bloody hard, ie Allir not even contesting and acting like a rover a couple of weeks ago. Astounding we're even near beating teams ATM TBH.

I'm honestly happy with the result. Never making finals from day 1. Would've only put us behind on the draft. Considering our position and age I'm stoked with the way our players are applying themselves. There's not much to not love about our situation right now if you understand and accept the logic of our postion. Stick with the time. Enjoy the process and get on board with the cycle of being an AFL club. Were in a great position. Embrace it.
At this rate, Round 22 vs Dees @MCG will be a contest for Pick #2

I dont think the list is as bad as what it seems..just young. A tonne of talented kids. Unfortunately when you field a team of children in a league of men, you will lose more than you win.

Short term pain for long term gain. Imo, in a few years time we will be applauding how the list was built.. it just sucks losing and fortunately we are not used to it

I'm honestly happy with the result. Never making finals from day 1. Would've only put us behind on the draft. Considering our position and age I'm stoked with the way our players are applying themselves. There's not much to not love about our situation right now if you understand and accept the logic of our postion. Stick with the time. Enjoy the process and get on board with the cycle of being an AFL club. Were in a great position. Embrace it.

Yeah, I just love watching the team I support habitually lose to poor sides and struggle near the bottom of the ladder. So much fun. It would be great if we could embrace this process and become Carlton. Then we could enjoy this feeling year after year! Consistent losses are the best. So enjoyable.

Unfortunately our list was hit by the perfect storm of COLA loss, trade bans and errors of our own - paying way overs on very long contracts to basically anyone not called Buddy.

The Tippett contract, the length and reputed size of contracts to Hañners, Rohan, KJ etc have been millstones. Hopefully the Club is smarter now

Unfortunately our list was hit by the perfect storm of COLA loss, trade bans and errors of our own - paying way overs on very long contracts to basically anyone not called Buddy.

The Tippett contract, the length and reputed size of contracts to Hañners, Rohan, KJ etc have been millstones. Hopefully the Club is smarter now
Kinnear will be licking his lips with money and picks to play with for the first time in years

]

I dont think the list is as bad as what it seems..just young. A tonne of talented kids. Unfortunately when you field a team of children in a league of men, you will lose more than you win.

Short term pain for long term gain. Imo, in a few years time we will be applauding how the list was built.. it just sucks losing and fortunately we are not used to it

It will take 3-4 years from here to build I reckon

Which is fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is exactly right. It's just about expectation management. 2012, 2014, 2016 GF with a fair few prelim finals between those years so worse draft picks combined with trade bans means that the list has a massive gap in the middle between young/old.

Blokes like Hayward, Heeney and others that debuted in the glory days of 2013-2016 were beneficiaries of a strong Sydney side so everything they did looked good and we thought they would become god tier players. Imagine putting some of the youngsters Geelong fielded this year into this Sydney side.. doubt they would perform that much better.

However, there are exciting times ahead. Rowbottom is going to be a star - a better midfielder than Heeney or Mills would ever become. Dawson, Blakey, Paps, Hayward (eventually) are all in that same boat.

In my opinion, the biggest issues are putting games into young players that haven't shown much like Florent, Melican etc

Yeah, I just love watching the team I support habitually lose to poor sides and struggle near the bottom of the ladder. So much fun. It would be great if we could embrace this process and become Carlton. Then we could enjoy this feeling year after year! Consistent losses are the best. So enjoyable.
Oh sheesh. We’ve been up for getting on to twenty years.

Guess you weren’t following us in the 80s and 90s.

We’ll be back.

It will take 3-4 years from here to build I reckon

Which is fine

Might be quicker if we can somehow engineer another 2009 trade/draft period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back