Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh sheesh. We’ve been up for getting on to twenty years.

Guess you weren’t following us in the 80s and 90s.

We’ll be back.
Started following the club and watching the games when we were still a joke but getting more competitive. Could have been the Barassi season, so maybe 1994? I remember 96 as the turning point. The first time I ever saw us be good.

Since then, we’ve pretty much always been good. There was a failed season or two, but we bounced straight back every time. Don’t know if I could stomach a lengthy rebuild tbh. I mean I will stomach it, but it will suck and I certainly won’t enjoy the process. It’s just hard to embrace the Swans being s**t. I’m not used to it and I hate losing. Makes me feel I’m wasting my time watching.

Yuck. No shortcuts please.

Take our top 2 picks to the draft- they will be inside the top 30.
yep, I hear you.. but..
We've got heaps of young crew, next year there's two very promising mids in the academy to add to the youngsters. Also it looks like we may loose Jones, so could be good to trade in a replacement 23 - 25yo mid

yep, I hear you.. but..
We've got heaps of young crew, next year there's two very promising mids in the academy to add to the youngsters. Also it looks like we may loose Jones, so could be good to trade in a replacement 23 - 25yo mid

Or we can take two top 10 picks to the draft. Then we have the Saints 2nd to trade if need be

right now, we have no rucks.
maybe the debate should be 0,1 or 2 rucks.
1 is a happy middle ground
But we do have rucks, we have 2 (fit) and played one of them last night. Quite a few, including me responded to a post that stated that everyone (mostly) plays with just one. It was incorrect and proven so. I have no idea why I would be quoted on this

Commentary last night was that we’re years away from finals contention.

I wasn’t sure if we resemble or resent that remark.

I think it looks a long way off, you can change a list quick if you are aggressive but can’t see that happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Florent, Hayward and Heeney not in form yesterday Papley kind of had to do everything - so he's trying that and ending up doing not much.
You'd reckon if we'd had a Menzel in the team yesterday he would have been where Papley put those balls. Or if Reid hadn't been running back from all points on the ground as directed by Horse.
It was very frustrating.
Maybe we don't force half the turn-overs we do if we don't have our entire forward line right up the field defending, but it's not much use doing it if we can't kick goals from in anyway. We scored 50 points FFS, and it wasn't a slog, it was end to end stuff mostly.
If Reid had been anchored in the forward fifty he would of kicked 6.

You are cutting Papley too much slack. So Florent, Hayward & Heeney were average because they weren’t in form, but Papley was average because he had to do everything?

Not how I saw it, he was just poor! Plain and simple. Same as the rest. Made dumb decisions and couldn’t execute the simplest of skills. Should of had his first goal under his belt in the first five or so minutes but a simple dropped mark basically set the tone for our night skill-wise. Then nearly everything he touched after that turned to ****.

I don’t like singling out youngsters but if we’re gonna roast them then one of the youngsters in our leadership group should be fair play too.

Mundy is playing into his 30s like a fine wine

Our veterans age like a rum & coke that was left out in the sun all day
But over the journey I would take our veterans over Mundy...

I love how full * this board goes after a loss.

Some of the swans passages of play last night were absolutely mint.

Especially off half back.

Big Gez in the comm box thought so as well.

Same thing was said about Reid and he has gone fairly well this year. A decent ruck would help more than anything at the moment.
Yep, totally agree

Mills has had an underrated run of form recently.

Hayden McLean made a good showing of himself on debut given he was essentially triple teamed by Sandilands, Lobb and Darcy.

Rampe should be an All-Australian lock IMO

Pretty ugly game, the effort was there but we lack a competence in executing basic skills and it seems to be the case for number of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back