Autopsy Swans lose to Saints, Round 9 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

mmm
LOL!

I understand the frustration.
But I seriously wonder whether many of you lot (particularly the most prolific) are actually REALLY Sydney Swans fans or you are just grumpy depressed fanatics of your own voice / writing of negativity and can only cope with or when there a win and then ONLY THEN life is rosy for a few days!????????????????????????

Nek week bitter twisted ex spurts

Fancy having a team with Andrew Dunkley, Mark Bayes AA, Paul Kelly AA, Darren Cresswell AA, David Murphy AA, Richard Osbourne, Dale Lewis, Simon Minton -Connell etc (forgot some atm) and watching them lose 26 straight games 92-93. Then go on in 3 years to play a GF they might have won.

IT is a team game and in this compromised year is NOT a good indicator of potential nor form nor teamwork nor effort.
Same for all/most clubs but YOU LOT ought have realised where Swans were at at the start of the Season.?????

It is easy to Say Brand Taylor Gray are busts, or Bell or Ling Clarke are duds.... or BASH Reid but those with a few braincells left try and think about how difficult it is to BLOOD new ones and gel when they can't get stars on the park NOR even train properly together.

Reid has not turned out the superstar your sad ego's wanted.... but he is a BLOOD! Poor preparation 2 games back in a near ressies side

Some of you smart arses OUGHT spend some time over at Bay 13, cop some s**t & defend your team occasionally, ......and they will magically get BETTER guaranteed.:thumbsu: Also it suits many of you lot BS! mentality a bit more too!

I note those actually at the game were less critical, it makes a huge difference to tweeting and wanting to make the most smart arse comment during the game... its a wonder some of you lot can post one handed????

:mad::p

Everyone frames their arguement to suit them, you just have yourself by saying he is not a key forward but a utility, you just agree with the people who speak positively about him

So Reid is not our key forward? then at this stage of his career that is not good enough,and if he is the key forwardI expect him to perform and take on that role, I.e take that kick for goal at the cruicial stage, which he can actually kick, not pass to dawson

I dont see him as a utility, you do.

You are clearly a smart footballer watcher, what should the expectation from him be? should i expect him to take more marks than Papley per game? should his stats be above Roughead? do I have to observe everyone elses performance and presume Reid affects that?

For what its worth I think he is a super talented player, I would accept my criticism is too often for some, thats a fair arguement, but I think he is held by some to a significantly lower standard, than other players at the same club and league wide.

I tell you what I expect, him to out perform Papley in marks per game over their careers, him to kick more goals, stop dropping marks and to out perform say Roughead 2019 statistically. I also expect him to average the most goals per game at the club

Id also like to not go down the endless Reid discussion thread, though I engaged first, but I am quite positive mostly about yesterday

Reid probably should have taken the kick but it’s become a set play that Dawson tries to be there to take those kicks. Has had some success with it. As much Dawson’s doing as Reid in recognising it wasn’t on.

mmm
LOL!

But I seriously wonder whether many of you lot (particularly the most prolific) are actually REALLY Sydney Swans fans or you are just grumpy depressed fanatics of your own voice / writing of negativity and can only cope with or when there a win and then ONLY THEN life is rosy for a few days!????????????????????????

That’s so me it’s scary

mmm
LOL!

Fancy having a team with Andrew Dunkley, Mark Bayes AA, Paul Kelly AA, Darren Cresswell AA, David Murphy AA, Richard Osbourne, Dale Lewis, Simon Minton -Connell etc (forgot some atm) and watching them lose 26 straight games 92-93. Then go on in 3 years to play a GF they might have won.

IT is a team game and in this compromised year is NOT a good indicator of potential nor form nor teamwork nor effort.
Same for all/most clubs but YOU LOT ought have realised where Swans were at at the start of the Season.?????

It is easy to Say Brand Taylor Gray are busts, or Bell or Ling Clarke are duds.... or BASH Reid but those with a few braincells left try and think about how difficult it is to BLOOD new ones and gel when they can't get stars on the park NOR even train properly together.

Reid has not turned out the superstar your sad ego's wanted.... but he is a BLOOD! Poor preparation 2 games back in a near ressies side

Some of you smart arses OUGHT spend some time over at Bay 13, cop some sh*t & defend your team occasionally, ......and they will magically get BETTER guaranteed.:thumbsu: Also it suits many of you lot BS! mentality a bit more too!

I note those actually at the game were less critical, it makes a huge difference to tweeting and wanting to make the most smart arse comment during the game... its a wonder some of you lot can post one handed????

You just lost your job as executive producer of my podcast

You just lost your job as executive producer of my podcast

Yes but that was all bullsh!t TOO!

Offer withdrawn;) if it's format was to be an endless loop of whinging and misery.

I refuse to believe some of the young ones are that bad at skills, they just haven't had the time and experience around them to find space

(Jury still out on Clarkes kicking):$

Clarke is the best recruit we've gotten in the last few years

and... superb recruiting attracted Adelaide Crows highest paid young player (Tippett) paid too much but had Cola looking for a Barry Hall replacement
but
then AFL wanted to send Franklin to theNEW cross town rival SUPER cashed up to the max so Swans made a decision (good or bad) not to have droves of limp dick fans , leave or swap in a difficult market'
Then,
Eddie no neck double chin whinged and sooked and Swans lost COLA. This after fighting for 25 years to establish the game in the difficult fickle Sydney market, and first to make it a national comp. Swans had raised salaries and expectations of McVeigh Jack Kennedy (others) etc in times expecting COLA
Then
Consequently Mumford gets a huge offer from the Orange favs. Huge loss!
Then
They excluded Swans from the draft /trade penalty because Crows were cheats
All the time
Swans had not tanked to the bottom but got Mills Heeney Blakey home grown , Dawson Rowbottom McCartin Florent Papley . There not a team/club out there who would not want any of those
Then
NOW burdened with a back ended multi million dollar Buddy contract for another 2 years for a 36 year old at end
IT IS DIFFICULT TO COMPETE FOR (attract) VICTORIANS (most players) when they can play at the MCG and be around family and there is no $$$$ incentive.

SWANS The best administered club in one of the most difficult unsupported places
Watch out SWANS are building... we'll be back! ;)

Last edited:
I think our club has lost its way temporarily. We were always regarded as one of if not the most professions club in the AFL. How the club is accepting of the condition Taylor and gray presented them in is beyond me.

What happened to the days where Mitch Morton was kicking bag after bag in the neafl but kept getting overlooked because he lacked defensive pressure. I just feel the players are not held to account like they used to be

I think our club has lost its way temporarily. We were always regarded as one of if not the most professions club in the AFL. How the club is accepting of the condition Taylor and gray presented them in is beyond me.

What happened to the days where Mitch Morton was kicking bag after bag in the neafl but kept getting overlooked because he lacked defensive pressure. I just feel the players are not held to account like they used to be

I think because of how shite our recruiting has been, we've kinda cornered ourselves into only two choices... either play kids before their time (something we never used to do) or play recruits for experience (something we used reap the rewards from doing.) Both are far from ideal choices.

It's so important for us to bring in some experienced players who are actually good. It's been so ******* costly that all these blokes we've traded in have amounted to nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you’re at the bottom of the table and still getting games into younger players it’s hard to attract decent players. Brisbane/St Kilda have managed to attract players in recent years but they have gone heavily to the draft for half dozen years prior to that
after bottoming out.

Agree Taylor looked in terrible shape in the preseason.

Hopefully if list numbers are cut there will be more mature talent available.

Marks per game is a stupid metric.

For a forward the
It’s important to note that we’ve paid almost nothing for all of these recruits (both in draft picks and likely salary.)

The salary cap floor would like a word with you.

It’s important to note that we’ve paid almost nothing for all of these recruits (both in draft picks and likely salary.)

Still costs us because we are turning to guys like Gray, Taylor etc for experience to help the kids, and they are giving us nothing.

Seriously can all the people whinging about our recent trading either name the players we should have got and who would have come and how we would afford them or else quit pretending they know better than the professionals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Still a list spot in a professional sport
you're right.. instead of Gray, Taylor and Brand, we should've taken a 5th, 6th and 7th round draft pick - that would've fixed things
These guys cost the salary cap and draft picks next to nothing! Do you not understand we cant afford better?
We needed experience but couldn't afford it. Maybe because our cap is full, maybe because we weren't prepared to pay overs for average players.
There are reasons which the negative posters on here have no idea about for these decisions.. and until they learn these reasons - stop whinging!
2019 is a different story with Grundy, Smith, Macca, Jack, Buddy (1/2), Naismith playing
2020 is a different story with Buddy, Kennedy, Hewett, Naismith, Heeney + all the talls playing

Seriously can all the people whinging about our recent trading either name the players we should have got and who would have come and how we would afford them or else quit pretending they know better than the professionals.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's not our job to name these players? We are not being paid (presumably) six figures to identify talent, lure them to the club and then get games into them. That is the list management staff at our club's responsibility. They are the ones out there knowing every player in the comp and whether they're happy at their current club, whether they're any good, whether they'd suit our club or not etc. All we on this board can do is throw out hypotheticals and fantasy recruits. When you hear Beatson say the club had kept an eye on Clarke for 3 years despite the fact he can't kick or handball, then they lose the right to have blind faith from the supporters.

But to act as if it's not the club's fault that these players haven't worked out is I think naive. We get a lot of things right and we get some things wrong, if we were a perfectly run club we'd win every flag every year.

Reid probably should have taken the kick but it’s become a set play that Dawson tries to be there to take those kicks. Has had some success with it. As much Dawson’s doing as Reid in recognising it wasn’t on.

fair

mmm
LOL!

Some of you smart arses OUGHT spend some time over at Bay 13, cop some sh*t & defend your team occasionally, ......and they will magically get BETTER guaranteed.:thumbsu: Also it suits many of you lot BS! mentality a bit more too!

oh look another post about how to support the team, but yeah its the "complaining" about the team that is tiresome, not the analysis of what others post
Which I realise i am doing here

that 93 side was also good to watch for a pack of spuds
minton connell vastly underrated
buckernarra couldnt coach a good side though let alone kids and misfits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back