2nds Swans Reserves 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

[still amazed Longmire has a job with Aliir playing reserves]

I am amazing people think they know more than the Swans coaching staff....

Having first hand contact with the player and his behaviours plus GPS trackers that give players a scorecard on how often the player sprinted and for what duration, how much time they walked for and much more plus having knowledge if the player is following instruction. I would have thought that put them in a far better position to make a judgement on a player than us watching some tv footage....

I trust that they are doing it for a reason and that it will be the best for Aliir in the long term probably making him a more well rounded, consistent footballer. Plenty of players have served a NEAFL apprenticeship, Aliir will be fine...

Having first hand contact with the player and his behaviours plus GPS trackers that give players a scorecard on how often the player sprinted and for what duration, how much time they walked for and much more plus having knowledge if the player is following instruction. I would have thought that put them in a far better position to make a judgement on a player than us watching some tv footage....

I trust that they are doing it for a reason and that it will be the best for Aliir in the long term probably making him a more well rounded, consistent footballer. Plenty of players have served a NEAFL apprenticeship, Aliir will be fine...
So you believe that playing McVeigh was a good decision in the GF because they had all the data? And leaving Newman on the rookie list last year was genius? Playing Buddy deep? I could go on. I wasn't aware that we are actually the Vatican City Swans and Horse is the pope and therefore infallible

So you believe that playing McVeigh was a good decision in the GF because they had all the data? And leaving Newman on the rookie list last year was genius? Playing Buddy deep? I could go on. I wasn't aware that we are actually the Vatican City Swans and Horse is the pope and therefore infallible

With all due respect whilst I can see your point, jumping to being surprised he hasn't been sacked because he has made Aliir work for his spot is going a bit too far.

Agree re McVeigh, Newman circumstances probably included salary cap implications (if you go and look at threads late last year I was calling for his inclusion). They aren't infallible for sure but saying Longmire should be sacked because he is making Aliir work is just stupid IMO...

What does warranted mean? He got 21 possessions at CHB in the wet, wasn't named in the best six and Fox playing in the midfield got 18 and was.
It's a real hindrance to his playing style having you ride his johnson 24//7 though. How do you fit under his shorts?? :DTake a breather and he'll be back at some stage.

Put it this way!
Horse has made some mistakes but less than his phantom replacement would have made.
Just my opinion.

With all due respect whilst I can see your point, jumping to being surprised he hasn't been sacked because he has made Aliir work for his spot is going a bit too far.

Agree re McVeigh, Newman circumstances probably included salary cap implications (if you go and look at threads late last year I was calling for his inclusion). They aren't infallible for sure but saying Longmire should be sacked because he is making Aliir work is just stupid IMO...
Ridiculous, there is no room for nuance. Horse is either an incompetent hack incapable of a good decision or the livibg embodiment of coaching perfection.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since you changed your avatar I keeping thinking "who the f is that?"... You had that other one for so long.

Anyway... completely agree with you 100%.

Sydney Swans (1st) v Gold Coast Suns (7th) at Newcastle Oval, 12pm

SYDNEY

B: 31. Harry Marsh 21. Jack Maibaum 36. Aliir Aliir
HB: 30. Tyrone Leonardis 32. Michael Talia 38. Colin O’Riordan
C: 46. Sam Murray 34. Jordan Dawson 11. Jeremy Laidler
HF: 1. James Rose 60. Liam Maze 45. Sam Fisher
F: 19. Shaun Edwards 47. Toby Pink 33. Brandon Jack
Foll: 17. Darcy Cameron 42. Robbie Fox 6. Jordan Foote
Inter: 49. Will Gowers 50. Sam Wicks 53. Sam Barkley 58. Hamish McDonald
Emer: 51. Josh Stern 54. Bailey Stewart 55. Mitch Rogers
In: 34. Jordan Dawson 46. Sam Murray 49. Will Gowers 53. Sam Barkley
Out: 13. Oliver Florent 27. Daniel Robinson 50. Jake Brown 54. Luke Skrivanic

GOLD COAST

B: 36. Josh Schoenfeld 43. Max Spencer 34. McKenzie Willis
HB: 26. Matt Shaw 31. Keegan Brooksby 47. Muhammed Saad
C: 58. Shawn Watson 44. Darcy Macpherson 18. Trent McKenzie
HF: 59. Emmanuel Baru 39. Ryan Davis 45. Corey Beaman
F: 50. Kai Sheers 49. Lachlan McDonald 15. Dan Currie
Foll: 22. Tom Nicholls 56. Daniel Charlesworth 57. Zac Palmer
Inter: 53. Charlie Offermans 51. Lachlan Smith 54. Connor Nutting 55. Jacob Heron 48. Curtis Marsden
Emer: 52. Jayden Verdoorn
In: 36. Josh Schoenfeld 26. Matt Shaw 31. Keegan Brooksby 47. Muhammed Saad 18. Trent McKenzie 45. Corey Beaman 51. Lachlan Smith 58. Shawn Watson 57. Zac Palmer 48. Curtis Marsden
Out: 41. Will Brodie 14. Mitch Hallahan 48. Jacob Dawson 50. Sam Davidson 51. Nick Kempe 55. Harry Simington 59. Caleb Graham 46. Cameron Loersch 37. Jack Scrimshaw

True, he has stiff competition now however. While Grundy is likely in his last 2 or 3 years of football, Rampe, Melican, Aliir, and Marsh are all not going anywhere.

As a club we're in a solid place though for sure.
Next year will be stretching it to Grundy's limit imho. We'll need someone ready to go, either Maibaum or May from GC next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real hindrance to his playing style having you ride his johnson 24//7 though. How do you fit under his shorts?? :DTake a breather and he'll be back at some stage.
lol

I'd love to see Allir back in the side as much as anyone. Fact is, he had his chance to secure a senior spot a few weeks ago but couldn't be bothered turning up to a training session. I'm not suggesting that he deserves a lengthy run in the 2's as punishment but the fact is that he has no one to blame but himself for missing a great chance at cementing a spot.

I'm assuming Melican is Grundy's understudy? Same height (1cm taller, In fact), and room to pack on a bit more weight (still weighs more than most of our KPDs over the past 10 years, though).
Wouldn't have guessed he was taller than Grundy. Must have terrible posture.

Assuming he stays.

Halftime @swansreserves 6.10 (46) @GoldCoastSUNS Reserves 3.4 (22) Goals: Wicks 2 Leonardis Jack Dawson Fox GC: Beaman Sheers Watson

Aliir gone forward in the second part of the second quarter. Needed a target going forward. Also didn't see Pink after that switch so possibly injured? Will keep an eye on that

Positionally Edwards Foote Dawson our inside mids. O'Riordan Fox on the wings. Jack and Fisher HFF rotating through the midfield as well

Halftime @swansreserves 6.10 (46) @GoldCoastSUNS Reserves 3.4 (22) Goals: Wicks 2 Leonardis Jack Dawson Fox GC: Beaman Sheers Watson

Aliir gone forward in the second part of the second quarter. Needed a target going forward. Also didn't see Pink after that switch so possibly injured? Will keep an eye on that

Positionally Edwards Foote Dawson our inside mids. O'Riordan Fox on the wings. Jack and Fisher HFF rotating through the midfield as well

How is Dawson playing?

Aliir running around in the ruck and forward and finding the ball at will according to grimlock

Very interesting development.
Its almost as if he played as a ruckman for Queensland in the u18 championships

FT Swans 16.24 124 Suns 4.8 32 Goals: Aliir 3 Wicks 3 Edwards 2 Rose Leonardis Jack Dawson O'Riordan Fox Pink Gowers

Exciting BUT GC basically gave up last quarter.

FT Swans 16.24 124 Suns 4.8 32 Goals: Aliir 3 Wicks 3 Edwards 2 Rose Leonardis Jack Dawson O'Riordan Fox Pink Gowers

Exciting BUT GC basically gave up last quarter.
Can you see Aiir being selected for seniors in a forward position after today's 3 goals?

As a tall flanker yes not as a key position player. His main asset is his athleticism, let him roam up the ground and find the ball and he's generally a good user of the ball. Ask him to remain inside fifty and he isn't half as effective

Remove this Banner Ad

Back