2nds Swans Reserves 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney 1.6-12 6.11-47 11.16-82 16.24-120
Gold Coast 1.2-8 3.5-23 4.8-32 4.8-32
Sydney
Goal Kickers: A. Aliir 3, S. Wicks 3, S. Edwards 2, B. Jack, J. Dawson, C. O''Riordan, W. Gowers, T. Pink, T. Leonardis, J. Rose, R. Fox
Best Players: M. Talia, J. Foote, J. Laidler, S. Edwards, R. Fox, S. Barkley
Gold Coast
Goal Kickers: K. Sheers, C. Beaman, S. Watson, D. Macpherson
Best Players: D. Macpherson, D. Currie, K. Brooksby , T. McKenzie , R. Davis , C. Offermans

Given the season is over, lets play Dawson, Allir, Fisher if upgradeable, Edwards (ditto), Maibaum and Cameron. Hopefully AJ gets some games in the 2s and can can play in the seniors.

Agree with one of the comments above about Allir doubting his ability to play deep. I like the idea of him playing on the wing.

I like Foote but he is too like George and does not find the ball enough. Can't see him staying on the list.

Hopefully Marsh and Laidler wont get call ups. Both butcher the ball and look like 70s footballers. Horse et al were duffers to upgrade Marsh and not Noooooman

Given the season is over, lets play Dawson, Allir, Fisher if upgradeable, Edwards (ditto), Maibaum and Cameron. Hopefully AJ gets some games in the 2s and can can play in the seniors.

Agree with one of the comments above about Allir doubting his ability to play deep. I like the idea of him playing on the wing.
I have also suggested this recently. I reckon he would be a nightmare for opposition coaches to match up on playing on the wing. In addition, he would be a more than handy outlet marking option and has the athleticism to match smaller players. Would really love to see this happen against the Dogs.

I have also suggested this recently. I reckon he would be a nightmare for opposition coaches to match up on playing on the wing. In addition, he would be a more than handy outlet marking option and has the athleticism to match smaller players. Would really love to see this happen against the Dogs.

Therefore it will not happen....unless the Clydesdale grows some additional brain cells.

Doesn't have the tank for that at this stage. Hopefully he is desperate to move up the pecking order and build his versatility.

wMxWoLG.png

gxWwWbf.png

Seems to be the same names impressing in the reserves.. Dawson, Edwards, Aliir, Cameron..

Good to see Talia had a stand-out game just for something different. I'd really like to see the four above get games now that the finals are gone. There are plenty of senior blokes who could use a rest/wake-up call in the ressies.

Geez. A total of 12 free kicks paid for the whole game doesn't seem right. Umps must have swallowed their whistles. 495 disposals.musy be close to a record too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez. A total of 12 free kicks paid for the whole game doesn't seem right. Umps must have swallowed their whistles. 495 disposals.musy be close to a record too.
Brisbane won their game against Aspley by 92 points and lost the free kick count 20-3

Sambono added to the Allies squad as a 20 year old under exceptional circumstance.( Grew up in Daly River and started rep afl very late.) A big carnival against Top Vic's SA, WA rep sides and a AFL career may beckon. One to watch if he can harness the right support and attitude.

Sambono - saw him play for Nyah......just what the swans need, imo, - if he can harness the right support and attitude. good luck, at the carnival, bono.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-19/exception-is-made-for-exceptional-talent

Just out of curiosity, I wish I could loan Brandon Jack out to a Victorian team to see how we would fare in the VFL. Or the SANFL or WAFL for that matter. He dominates NEAFL but isn't up to par for AFL level, I wonder what he'd do at a level in between.

Tosh. In the ones he rarely gets a contested position.....fumble fish fingers

I'm basing my assessment on watching him live for years in the 2's, not a few games in the seniors.

I'm of the opinion he shouldn't be let anywhere near the seniors because he butchers it and will get punished on the turnover accordingly, but to suggest he is a weak squib based on some nervous fumbles in the seniors, whilst playing out of position most of the time, is unfair ... and wrong.

Tosh. In the ones he rarely gets a contested position.....fumble fish fingers

In the ones he's thrown on a forward flank and told to play ahead of the footy. When he plays in the 2s he wins most of his ball contested because he's played in position.

Granted, he can be fumbly at the best of times. In the 2s he's generally either got more time to get it right, or more time to recover. But the point is his limitation is definitely not his willingness to put his head over the ball.

I think BJs problem is disposal. Mind you watching the twos he is not alone. It is not just the butchered kicks that are surprising it is general lack of finesse, eg kicking to a player, kicking to a players strengths. I also think a number of the guys in the twos are desperately trying to promote themselves, and so they don't do the team thing. Rose is a shocker for this. I have noticed that BJ is getting better and is actually growing as a leader. Unfortunately his kicking is just not up to standard, and that is killer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back