Disposals

Dawson 29 disposals 9 marks 23 tackles 3.0
Towers 26 disposals 3 marks 4 tackles 1.0
Grundy 24 disposals 5 marks
Foote 26 disposals 2 marks 11 tackles
Styles 24 disposals 6 marks 11 tackles 2.0

Well Dawson's definitely getting the senior call-up next week

Yep!
When everyone screams out for a young player like Aliir to come in, they forget that someone has to come out if that player grabs their chance.

Except dropping our best one on one defender, the only guy who can take the big monsters up forward is not what I call a smart move, especially since Grundy is in good form as well. As much as I like Aliir he is not a one on one key defender despite his size.

What?
For the next 3 years?
We're playing Gold Coast & we need to see who gets a contract for these next 3 years.
I'm sure Reg knows what's going on. He'll be back before the year is out & if Marsh or Aliir fail badly today.

I hope you're right. As for Marsh, he's a handy player but he is nowhere near the level of Grundy. So even if Marsh doesn't fail, we should still be playing Grundy over Marsh. Worry about a run at the flag first then deal with the contract stuff later.

Except dropping our best one on one defender, the only guy who can take the big monsters up forward is not what I call a smart move, especially since Grundy is in good form as well. As much as I like Aliir he is not a one on one key defender despite his size.

We need to set our team for those teams actually in premiership contention. It’s the clubs job to try and win flags. No point going forward with players that don’t match those sides.

The big monster forward is now a tall athlete with agility.

Worry about a run at the flag first then deal with the contract stuff later.
This is what I believe they are actually doing. Club maybe does not feel we can win a flag against the contenders with the existing defensive setup.
Tbh I think they are correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson was great but probably just a couple too many topups out there to get the win. Foote after being impressed by him for the first time last week I thought he was back to being underwhelming and along with towers who while getting 26 disposals did not have a good game left too much for Dawson to do.

Thought Angus Styles had his best game so far. Havent been particularly impressed by him but he showed some good skill and workrate.
Johnson looks more comfortable each week he is out there.

Dont think much else can be taken from that game.

That game from Dawson surely trumps Mitchell's 64 disposals.

That stat line is beast mode despite the loss.
If someone finds more info they can fill in the unknowns

Jordan Dawson
29 disposals (unknown contested)
9 marks
23 tackles
unknown score involvements
unknown clearances
5 inside 50s
4 rebound 50s
3 goals

Tom Mitchell
64 disposals (24 contested)
14 marks
5 tackles
22 score involvements
12 clearances
14 inside 50s
unknown rebound 50s
4 goals

If someone finds more info they can fill in the unknowns

Jordan Dawson
29 disposals (unknown contested)
9 marks
23 tackles
unknown score involvements
unknown clearances
5 inside 50s
4 rebound 50s
3 goals

Tom Mitchell
64 disposals (24 contested)
14 marks
5 tackles
22 score involvements
12 clearances
14 inside 50s
unknown rebound 50s
4 goals
Hmmm maybe not then

We need to set our team for those teams actually in premiership contention. It’s the clubs job to try and win flags. No point going forward with players that don’t match those sides.

The big monster forward is now a tall athlete with agility.

Grundy hasn't really been beaten much this year, and to replace him we need to be playing a player who can take his role, and so far we are not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back