2nds Swans Reserves 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Full credit to Southport today who played a harder tougher brand of footy and dominated the contest. Congratulations to Southport on winning their maiden NEAFL flag.

Let's not focus on the last bit of controversy as the game was won over the first 3 quarters of footy.

Congratulations to the Swans Reserves on managing to make the grand final for the 4th consecutive year. Commiserations on being outplayed by an older, stronger, more skillful and dominant opposition. Hope the young players are able to regroup, learn, regenerate and compete again next season.

It does say though that unless specified otherwise it follows the AFL Laws of the Game, yes? Because I didn't find anything in the NEAFL by laws which referred to too many on the ground, but the AFL by laws certainly do.

You would think so, however hilariously it says:

“Where agreement is unable to be reached involving a question of interpretation of these Rules, the opinion of the AFL shall be accepted and acted upon and its decision will be final”

Tyler Roos looks like his dad!

The rules then mean you can play with as many players as you like...no real penalty just doesn't make sense. Even just wipe the score for the qtr would make more sense

You would think so, however hilariously it says:

“Where agreement is unable to be reached involving a question of interpretation of these Rules, the opinion of the AFL shall be accepted and acted upon and its decision will be final”
Maybe now that he's headed down south Rhys Shaw can have a coffee with Gil on our behalf.

So that NEAFL book refers to 'Laws of the Game AFL' and it does say on there what I posted earlier so that RWO bloke was spot on. An appeal and I reckon we'd win.

If the rulebook says that the points should be wiped for an infringement then we win by default. You can't change the rules on the spot because one finds them inconvenient. However SF51 might be on to something that there is no rule?
SF51 is incorrect...see law 5.1 NEAFL rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back