2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort overall but really disappointing last quarter.

They’ve kicked 9.4, almost doubled their score.

That's a bit harsh. We were less than a goal behind 23 minutes in!

Boys have just faded and the Lions have got on top.

Seriously **** this Lions team out of the NEAFL

Just a lack of polish cost us when we were on the up. Still the other mob were a class above. Really good effort to keep it close until late. McLean is a keeper. I just love the Wicks determination to contest the ball. The Toppies were good and again there was less burning but still some misunderstanding between the Listies and Toppies.

That's a bit harsh. We were less than a goal behind 23 minutes in!

Boys have just faded and the Lions have got on top.

True enough. Last quarter seemed last like scored pretty much every time they went forward.

Kicked 10 of the last 12 goals from around the 4-5min mark of the last.

Strong effort overall but they just had too many quality players compared to us in the end.

For example?

There are a few out there I wouldn't have back on the list next year if it were up to me

Was talking about toppies and just as rookies. A number have impressed at different stages this year. I really like McKellar. He is not special but has footy smarts, is team oriented and determined.

Of our listed and rookie players Pink can go. Rose will go. I have no time for Knoll or Cameron. Hirst showed a lot in one game but was otherwise indistinguishable in the games he played for us. Bell and Wicks deserve upgrades, esp if we lose Papley and Jones.

Was talking about toppies and just as rookies. A number have impressed at different stages this year. I really like McKellar. He is not special but has footy smarts, is team oriented and determined.

Of our listed and rookie players Pink can go. Rose will go. I have no time for Knoll or Cameron. Hirst showed a lot in one game but was otherwise indistinguishable in the games he played for us. Bell and Wicks deserve upgrades, esp if we lose Papley and Jones.

Agree with most. I reckon Hirst showed enough in his last couple of games to be persevered with.

Bell I am not so sure about. Not convinced he has enough stand out attributes to be a successful AFL footballer.

Agree with most. I reckon Hirst showed enough in his last couple of games to be persevered with.

Bell I am not so sure about. Not convinced he has enough stand out attributes to be a successful AFL footballer.

Like Bell's guts and pace and that he can play in and outside mid. Needs a bit more composure. Shifted my view on him when they made him skipper for a couple of games and he took it on himself to try and carry the team along with him. He seems a heart and soul Clubman.

Hirst had one terrific game but if we end up with Campbell and Gulden in a year, how many mosquitos can we carry.

The one player I have cooled on is McInerny. I really cannot see him making it.

Sydney
Goal Kickers:H. Mclean 3, K. Martin 3, S. Thorne 2, M. Rossmann 2, S. Close 2, S. Gaden, D. Cameron
Best Players:J. Rose, D. Cameron, T. Pink, J. Bell, H. Mclean

Brisbane
Goal Kickers:B. Keays 4, C. McFadyen 3, L. Taylor 2, T. Fullarton 2, T. Wooller 2, R. Bastinac, C. Lyons, S. Skinner, A. Smith, W. Martyn, N. Cumberland
Best Players:R. Bastinac, L. Taylor, J. Allison, B. Keays, J. Payne, C. McFadyen

Why? People have been complaining on here for years about the poor standard of the NEAFL, at least our reserves can test themselves against stronger opposition once in a while. Competition is good for growth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? People have been complaining on here for years about the poor standard of the NEAFL, at least our reserves can test themselves against stronger opposition once in a while. Competition is good for growth.

I was only joking, but I agree with you nonetheless.

Seriously you wonder why NDS can’t be taken seriously.
Nothing against Close but he hasn’t been part of the academy for years. All the academy boys that could have played today would be wondering what is the point. You get promised a first class ticket around the world and in the end are even a atlas at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back