2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Hmmmm......

Highlights show 2 cheap ones out the back from Menzel and another more difficult. All at the scoring end. Any stats on contested marks or goal assists?

Maybe some are being premature seeking his elevation?

He looked as good as we would want him to look, seemed dangerous every time he went near it and still very good 1v1. He could’ve had five if not for two unlucky bounces, and six if not for a selfless pass-off that failed to eventuate to a score. But I am also of the belief he needs more reserves time.

He looked as good as we would want him to look, seemed dangerous every time he went near it and still very good 1v1. He could’ve had five if not for two unlucky bounces, and six if not for a selfless pass-off that failed to eventuate to a score. But I am also of the belief he needs more reserves time.
Didn't seem to run/pressure as hard as some others, but that may have been instructions to take it a bit easy on his first game. Agree he needs at least one more in the NEAFL before he'd be ready for seniors.

Didn't seem to run/pressure as hard as some others, but that may have been instructions to take it a bit easy on his first game. Agree he needs at least one more in the NEAFL before he'd be ready for seniors.

I also just don't know if that's really what his role is. He basically plays as the old-fashioned full forward, straight out of the goal square and only leaving it if it's to make a lead. Given he's not quick enough to be that sort of manic pressure at ground level type (like Papley or Ronke), I think it makes sense for him to play to his strengths, which are undoubtedly his ability in one-on-one contests. Trying to make him some sort of running, defensive forward just isn't really logical and I hope that's not the route we are taking with him because we're fighting a losing battle if so.

off topic
adjective

If you describe something that someone says or writes as offtopic, you mean that it is not relevant to the current discussion; used especially of discussions on the internet... Most notebly discussions on BigFooty... specifically the Swans board... and this thread... today.

Please try to keep the non-footy talk to the non-footy threads... Cheers everyone.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
off topic
adjective

If you describe something that someone says or writes as offtopic, you mean that it is not relevant to the current discussion; used especially of discussions on the internet... Most notebly discussions on BigFooty... specifically the Swans board... and this thread... today.

Please try to keep the non-footy talk to the non-footy threads... Cheers everyone.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Good stuff.

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
And third-year ruckman Darcy Cameron was rubbed out of the game during the opening quarter due to a calf strain, but Joel Amartey chalked up 16 disposals, a match-high 42 hit-outs and a goal in a rock-solid fill-in performance.

I genuinely wonder about this. There's no news anywhere about this. I suspect it's a LTI, possibly the season.

I genuinely wonder about this. There's no news anywhere about this. I suspect it's a LTI, possibly the season.
I suspect it was a calf strain... like they said it was... And they'll get scans done to determine the extent of the strain.

What makes you jump to LTI when they say calf strain? I don't get it...

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
I suspect it was a calf strain... like they said it was... And they'll get scans done to determine the extent of the strain.

What makes you jump to LTI when they say calf strain? I don't get it...
Because normally by now, they would have reported on the fact that he did have a calf strain and that he would expect to miss a certain amount of time.

There's no news, and normally that means he's got it pretty bad. 4-6 would be slight strain with no complications, I'm guessing it's in the 8-10 week range. There's no chance he misses 1 week with a calf strain when he couldn't even play again after doing it.

Because normally by now, they would have reported on the fact that he did have a calf strain and that he would expect to miss a certain amount of time.

There's no news, and normally that means he's got it pretty bad. 4-6 would be slight strain with no complications, I'm guessing it's in the 8-10 week range. There's no chance he misses 1 week with a calf strain when he couldn't even play again after doing it.
Maybe he couldn't get in for a scan or they are waiting for swelling to reduce etc... There are a host of reasons why they might not have come out first thing Monday morning with an answer.

I usually do the opposite & rather than jump from "calf strain" to LTI... I often find myself under-estimating the extent of the injuries so I guess we'll see mate.

In any event, I hope you're guess is wrong & it is just a (minor) calf strain & he's not out too long & ok to see out the season.

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Maybe he couldn't get in for a scan or they are waiting for swelling to reduce etc... There are a host of reasons why they might not have come out first thing Monday morning with an answer.

I usually do the opposite & rather than jump from "calf strain" to LTI... I often find myself under-estimating the extent of the injuries so I guess we'll see mate.

In any event, I hope you're guess is wrong & it is just a (minor) calf strain & he's not out too long & ok to see out the season.

I hope too.

If its the Blog run by a former poster than its a guess and nothing more.

No media is running with it and the club is saying its a week.

And the club has been truthful and accurate in its injury reporting. Oh wait, is that Nick Smith, Sam Reid and Sam Naismith yelling from the background?

Yeah, there's no such thing as a 1-week calf strain.

Back