2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Wicks and Rowbottom our best two by a fair margin. Giving the honours to Wicks for the first half just because I feel like his possessions have been more clean/impactful.

Some of the decision making leaving a lot to be desired. This game is winnable if we tidy some of that up!

Can't see where the match-winner is going to come from. No Rose or COR or Fox who have been our experienced NEAFL stalwarts when we've needed some, and this should be the situation where Ronke steps up, but looks miles off. Doubt the match-winner is going to come from Rowbottom or Wicks as impressive as they've been.

Absolutely.

Ronke doesn’t look interested. 1 disposal which was a goal to half time which was essentially a freebie as we had the free kick anyway.

0 tackles!
The stats people missed at least one of his kicks in the second quarter. But yeah the point still stands

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
At his current rate of production, Ronke's first 3 months of football could become a truly outlandish outlier.

He is remembered for his 7 goals against Hawthorn but really his first 12 games were consistently good - with two big games against Hawthorn and North. But since that North game, his drop-off has been stunning.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
At his current rate of production, Ronke's first 3 months of football could become a truly outlandish outlier.

He is remembered for his 7 goals against Hawthorn but really his first 12 games were consistently good - with two big games against Hawthorn and North. But since that North game, his drop-off has been stunning.

Has done more in the first 5 minutes of this quarter than he did the whole first half.

Someone might have given him a bit of a spray...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Sometimes I think teams need to give away “professional” free kicks. In the centre then he was better off holding the ball up by being given for holding the ball but giving players a chance to get back rather than a rushed hand pass that resulted in a clean inside 50 entry and goal.

I thought with Rose out this would be Bell’s chance to really prove himself in the middle. Done the opposite

was tagging in the first half from what I could judge, but agree he has not been a factor

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I thought with Rose out this would be Bell’s chance to really prove himself in the middle. Done the opposite

Not convinced he will be on the list next season. Just hasn’t improved enough.

Looks at Wicks improvement from last year to this full time in the system (architect of that goal just then too).

Wicks again with the clearance, Colour me very impressed.

agree ... has been very good again ... just wish the kid was a little bigger. He has footy IQ and is gutsy

Back