2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

SYDNEY
Goal Kickers: C. Hirst 4, J. Amartey 2, J. Rose 2, J. Barling 2, J. Rayner, S. Thorne
Best Players: L. Melican, C. Hirst, T. Pink, J. Rose, S. Wicks, J. McInerney

Best Players: L. Melican, C. Hirst, T. Pink, J. Rose, S. Wicks, J. McInerney

Geebers the Club is really trying to pump up his tyres. Anyone here think he was our best? Very good game from Hirst. On what I had seen prior to today I was confused why the Club picked him up.

Geebers the Club is really trying to pump up his tyres. Anyone here think he was our best? Very good game from Hirst. On what I had seen prior to today I was confused why the Club picked him up.

It’s almost comical the amount of loathing you have for Melican. You’re thinking about him, he sure as hell isnt thinking about you.

It’s almost comical the amount of loathing you have for Melican. You’re thinking about him, he sure as hell isnt thinking about you.

Just do not rate him highly. I certainly do not loathe him. Did you watch the Ressies today? Would be interested in your views on the game.

Hirst & Foot are the very definitions of excitement machines. They're both a while away but geez I hope they can make it

Yep Hirst had a great day and I thought Foot was very solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll permit you entry onto the Hirst bandwagon, but you will incur a late entry fee ;)

hahaha ... made no bones about finally seeing what the Club saw in him.

Would not have Melican as BOG but thought he played very well - with confidence and would have him in our best players list.

I'd like to see Pink get a couple of games in the seniors before the season ends. He's doing very well as a KPD considering he's a forward.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Knoll gets a senior debut next week. McLean looked tired and he will get monstered against Gawn.

I am still not sold that Knoll is completely ready, but he had 25 disposals and 7 tackles to go with his 28 hitouts this week (Amartey had 22).

It might be Amartey but I feel that due to the size of Gawn they are more likely to go with Knoll. We will see...

Wouldn’t surprise me if Knoll gets a senior debut next week. McLean looked tired and he will get monstered against Gawn.

I am still not sold that Knoll is completely ready, but he had 25 disposals and 7 tackles to go with his 28 hitouts this week (Amartey had 22).

It might be Amartey but I feel that due to the size of Gawn they are more likely to go with Knoll. We will see...
He is big, and that's about it. After watching him yesterday I can see why he hadn't had a game yet. He may have got a few taps, but with the number of stoppages so he should.
He is very slow and looks like he doesn't have the fitness. He got moved aside too easily in contests as well.
He may make it one day, but certainly not yet.

He is big, and that's about it. After watching him yesterday I can see why he hadn't had a game yet. He may have got a few taps, but with the number of stoppages so he should.
He is very slow and looks like he doesn't have the fitness. He got moved aside too easily in contests as well.
He may make it one day, but certainly not yet.

I don’t disagree. Not sure I rate him or if he will make it. Just feel they might pull the trigger anyway, got nothing to lose really, we are getting smashed (didn’t win a centre tap I am sure Horse said).

I liked Kyle McKellars game. He made an excellent contribution nullifying aspleys midfielders, and won some hard ball himself. I wonder if he needs shoulder surgery and how he would go post. I just get the sense it troubles him a bit.

Wicks took the main inside mid duties and seems incredibly strong for this work. He was also plenty aggressive which you need against suburban teams. I think this stuff helps the toppies get confident. Wicks played to the very windy conditions and very congested ball ups by often just blasting the ball down the line. I imagine he was told to do this.

Hirst changed my view. Great wheels, but also laid some great tackles. Might be something there.

I chatted with a player about melican as best. He was emphatic that melican was best for keeping the goal kicking machine freeman to only a couple of touches. Also pink was in best for a similar contribution.

The player that troubled me was thurlow. He looked tired and dispirited the whole game. He constantly demanded the short 10 meter kick and got visibly cranky when ignored. Major red flags there, something is wrong.

Rose showed his usual brilliance but he does have a habit of positioning himself outside the back and letting others do the ball winning. My honest sense was he was going through the motions.

Mcinerny and stoddart showed their usual run and carry. They do tend to try to do too much and often make weird choices that go wrong. However I guess that is experience.

Some of the toppies like barling experienced playing on big adult defenders rather than other toppies. As a consequence they were a bit quieter. Great experience.

Overall a hard fought win against a suburban side who you expect would be more aggressive and harder. To the swans credit they adapted to the windy conditions and out muscled Aspley. Good signs for the toppies and the young listed guys.

I hope the swans take the finals seriously and try to win. I know it is neafl but premierships are hard to come by and are a great experience. I hope the swans do the numbers and try to squeeze a few more listed players in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rose better not get a call up again this week. Leave him in the NEAFL for the rest of the year. Let him rack up 30 posse games. Might trick a club into giving up a forth for him. How's Collingwood positioned this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back