Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
"Rich history" didn't much ******* matter when they sent South to Sydney then shut down Fitzroy!

The name should describe what it is. It's that simple. I am a Victorian, the Football League is not. Or at least, it shouldn't be.
Should clearly be the East Coast Football League as that is what describes it best. Nothing wrong with calling it the ECFL.

MightyBloods

Rookie
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Had the pleasure of playing VFA , it was a great comp and the 16 a side made it even more enjoyable. But once again the AFL destroyed it
Totally agree. The VFA comp back through the 1960's, 70's and 80's was fantastic viewing on a Sunday. I initially supported the Preston Bullants in the mid 60's due their their red and white colours but soon switched to the Pt Melbourne Burras. South Melbourne had some great players from Port Melbourne such as Skilton, Normie Goss, Bernie Evans and one Peter Bedford! I can also remember a young Wayne Johnston running around for Prahran and he always looked a ready made AFL (then VFL) star. As a side matter, Wayne's mother was my mother's bridesmaid some decades ago.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Totally agree. The VFA comp back through the 1960's, 70's and 80's was fantastic viewing on a Sunday. I initially supported the Preston Bullants in the mid 60's due their their red and white colours but soon switched to the Pt Melbourne Burras. South Melbourne had some great players from Port Melbourne such as Skilton, Normie Goss, Bernie Evans and one Peter Bedford! I can also remember a young Wayne Johnston running around for Prahran and he always looked a ready made AFL (then VFL) star. As a side matter, Wayne's mother was my mother's bridesmaid some decades ago.
Good choice going with the Borough . Kevin Goss , Tony Haenan Stephen Allender are 3 more and then we had the alignment and quite a few played in the 05 Premiership.

anotherletdown

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
There's plenty wrong with calling it the ECFL - its logical. Logical thinking and the powers that be at AFL HQ just don't go together :think:
Absolutely. Logic is a buzz word, not an action to be used. AFL trying to spin this one again.

By the way, does anyone know what that 'rich VFL history' is worth in marketing north of border? Just another way of sticking our nose in as far as i can see.

Wolftone

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2012
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Sydney
Sounds like a plan.
Have said for a long time that when Buddy, Sinkers and Reidy retire we will be one KPF short (assuming Tom stays at CHB).
This will give us three KPFs starting 2023 - McDonald (20), McLean (23) and Paddy (26).
Of course, it may not work out, but it is sure worth a shot.
Fingers crossed for his health!
You forgot Amartey. Apparently he was very good in the Intra

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
What a piss poor excuse for not renaming.
There's plenty wrong with calling it the ECFL - its logical. Logical thinking and the powers that be at AFL HQ just don't go together :think:
So we're referring to it as ECVFL from now on yeah Jewels?:)I think its important we include the strikethrough. Because its historical...or something.

Jewelsbon

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
What a piss poor excuse for not renaming.

So we're referring to it as ECVFL from now on yeah Jewels?:)I think its important we include the strikethrough. Because its historical...or something.
Love it Ticky, from now on as far as I'm concerned, that is it's official title!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hairy biker

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Apologies Ticky009 & Jewelsbon left out the V for a more personalised message.

Thread title amended;
Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Apparently you can't edit smilies into the thread title. So I'll just add for Messrs Hocking & Polo Boy 🖕

PS
A nod to RUNVS for the original ECFL suggestion.
Should clearly be the East Coast Football League as that is what describes it best. Nothing wrong with calling it the ECFL.

Remove this Banner Ad