Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see Paddy hanging with the senior boys watching the twos (I am a bit behind in the game, sounds like the last quarter isn’t worth watching lol)

PaddyWackMac or Cripps?

For those that watched, how far off is sheathed. Had a good feeling about him since we drafted him. He’s one of those physical player who hunts the contest. The type that will apply themselves very well to AFL footy
Developing well. Very physical. Gets about well. Tank maybe still needs work. On track.

For those that watched, how far off is sheathed. Had a good feeling about him since we drafted him. He’s one of those physical player who hunts the contest. The type that will apply themselves very well to AFL footy
I’d be surprised if he’s selected in the 1’s in the immediate future - but he does look pretty promising

Would I be correct in saying that the reserves will not play this week because of the covid issues in Victoria.The VFL fixture currently is all over the place.
It’s a tough one. Of our remaining fixtures the ones not involving a VIC team are GWS (twice) and Aspley. But those two are scheduled to meet this week so not sure they will want to break that fixture up.
Probably end up having a scratch match like last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a tough one. Of our remaining fixtures the ones not involving a VIC team are GWS (twice) and Aspley. But those two are scheduled to meet this week so not sure they will want to break that fixture up.
Probably end up having a scratch match like last week
The consequences of Paddy’s sugar hit just keep on keeping on.

Watched the replay this afternoon and I thought a fairly uninspiring performance.

Brand and Taylor the best for me.
Mind you you it was a bit odd watching Lewy constantly faking the handball trying to get a 50m penalty paid against the guy standing on the mark. I reckon he did it half a dozen times and was singularly unsuccessful.

As for the two most discussed;
Stephens I thought had a decent game. Got involved and one of our better decision makers.
And decision making once again, on occasions, let Blakey down. In the one passage of play he can look so good and then so bad. To be fair, IMO, there was more good than bad this game.

Liked Sheather's game.
At the start of the season he tended to be a bit 'headless chook' wrecking ball in the fwd line.
Moving a bit more up the ground of late and looks much more composed, making good decisions and using the ball well, whilst retaining that attack on ball and man. 3 goals as well.
Promising.

Last edited:
Not sure about that

Blakey and Stephens tracking behind also

Had a few flops also
Lamb - X
Mitchell - check
Towers - 50/50 but probably a X
Jones - check
Heeney - check
Mills - check
Florent - check
Hayward - check
Ling - X
Blakey - jury still out but maybe x
Stephens - Jury still out but maybe x
McDonald - jury still out but likely check
Campbell - jury still out but likely check

So 13 picks, 8 a success with Stephens and Blakey still plenty of time to come out looking good. Pretty solid return

Lamb - X
Mitchell - check
Towers - 50/50 but probably a X
Jones - check
Heeney - check
Mills - check
Florent - check
Hayward - check
Ling - X
Blakey - jury still out but maybe x
Stephens - Jury still out but maybe x
McDonald - jury still out but likely check
Campbell - jury still out but likely check

So 13 picks, 8 a success with Stephens and Blakey still plenty of time to come out looking good. Pretty solid return
Who was the other one?

Can’t really saying check to Mitchell amd Jones as we let them go far to cheaply

Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back