Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

On AFL tonight it said Sydney hasn’t taken their full squad to Melbourne so it’s a bit hard to see how they get a ressies game this week
They're playing GWS so I don't think it's an issue in terms of borders/travel. Although I'm not up to speed on what is allowed/not allowed in NSW this weekend.

They're playing GWS so I don't think it's an issue in terms of borders/travel. Although I'm not up to speed on what is allowed/not allowed in NSW this weekend.
Only going off of what I heard but Sydney took 30odd players away with them and gws nearly the whole squad. It was reported on AFL tonight so that’s what I’m going off of. So either way if it’s correct what they’ve reported I’m unsure how you get a game in either state. But having said that I don’t hold my breath with some of the reports we get from the media.

For those of you who are keen reserves watchers, has Armartey been played as a key defender in the past? How did he perform? On the face of it he could be a good key back, fast, good pair of hands, good while the ball is in flight, tall enough to mind the big boys. He doesn’t seem to have that killer competitive instinct, nor does he currently have the bulk to wrestle with a Hawkins. His kicking might have him in the Dunkley mode of looking for the handpass. But interested to know whether he was tried given it is our biggest need

For those of you who are keen reserves watchers, has Armartey been played as a key defender in the past? How did he perform? On the face of it he could be a good key back, fast, good pair of hands, good while the ball is in flight, tall enough to mind the big boys. He doesn’t seem to have that killer competitive instinct, nor does he currently have the bulk to wrestle with a Hawkins. His kicking might have him in the Dunkley mode of looking for the handpass. But interested to know whether he was tried given it is our biggest need
He is a raw skinny tall still finding his way. Needs another year and then he will throw his weight around. Come back next year for the finished product.

He has played down back in reserves, not much, and possibly only 2019 though. Don't think I've seen him take up a position there at all this year. I think it was more a case of injury/call-up induced "you're tall and we need some key defenders" than us thinking we'd play him there long term.

VFL Game against the Giants to go ahead on Sunday at 5.45pm at the Holden Centre

Most of our team will be kids

Any additional players required for both sides will be made up of 19-year-olds from the NAB League.

VFL Game against the Giants to go ahead on Sunday at 5.45pm at the Holden Centre

Most of our team will be kids
Sandy Dragons have 8 players taken , i presume for this

Teams named here. 9 listed players but all 4 emergencies are named so assume it will drop to 8 on Sunday.

Also there's a Ryan O'Keefe named in the forward pocket, clicking on his name brings a popup that says he's playing for Bendigo Pioneers - is that ROK junior or just a crazy coinky-dinky?

Teams named here. 9 listed players but all 4 emergencies are named so assume it will drop to 8 on Sunday.

Also there's a Ryan O'Keefe named in the forward pocket, clicking on his name brings a popup that says he's playing for Bendigo Pioneers - is that ROK junior or just a crazy coinky-dinky?

Ryan only had a son named Levi and a daughter named Savannah. So crazy coinky-dinky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not think they are related.It seems young O'Keefe is a very good cricketer.

They are at least a few AFL listed players to the advantage over us, reckon we might be in for a paddlin'. [Optimistic View] McLean to kick 7, Ronke to break the VFL tackle record, Stephens to unleash the beast we've all been waiting for, and Gould to do his best Gandalf impression when the ball reaches the D50.

I take it this is an official VFL game? If so, what on earth is the point? A handful of listed players, none of our usual top ups and a bunch of kids who have never been near the Swans and probably won’t get close again. Other than ticking off another completed fixture wouldn’t it be better to just classify this as an unofficial scratch match?

I take it this is an official VFL game? If so, what on earth is the point? A handful of listed players, none of our usual top ups and a bunch of kids who have never been near the Swans and probably won’t get close again. Other than ticking off another completed fixture wouldn’t it be better to just classify this as an unofficial scratch match?

Sure we could do that for this week, but we have two upcoming fixtures against Victorian sides in the VFL in Frankston and Footscray that would go ahead you would assume. We can't play scratch matches forever and might as well put in place a plan for the rest of the season so our fringe players get meaningful match time.

I’m sure GWS feel differently with their full squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back