Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand Ted but teaching them to lose after leading multiple games is a terrible trait to learn.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
If Longmire et al had rated Keneally above Laidler they would have acted accordingly when the decision had to be made.
You only learn how to react to pressure by playing under pressure. No coach can teach it until it happens.
Of more concern from what I heard was that McLean was missing all game, Rowbum played great for 3q but fell away (maybe only match fitness), our mids lost organisation, and that we gave away stupid frees.

I'm saying it was a free for in the back, even if he got paid for too high. We didn't lose because of umpiring.

And I’m saying he is a cheat for trying to get a head high free and you posted your conspiracy comment straight after my post. Nothing that happened after that changes my opinion of Tobey MCLean which was all I was saying.

If Longmire et al had rated Keneally above Laidler they would have acted accordingly when the decision had to be made.
You only learn how to react to pressure by playing under pressure. No coach can teach it until it happens.
Of more concern from what I heard was that McLean was missing all game, Rowbum played great for 3q but fell away (maybe only match fitness), our mids lost organisation, and that we gave away stupid frees.

McLean came good in the last quarter with a few big pack marks down the line but I was disappointed with his day. At one point he got outbodied by a bloke the size of Braeden Campbell. He has a good set of hands when he gets himself into that advantageous position but it's getting into that position that he struggles with too often.

And I don't think Rowbottom played in the last quarter, don't recall seeing him out there after 3QT.

Wonder if they played McDonald because Franklin might be on the way hike to his family
He was going to play anyway though. He was going to miss 2 weeks for some strength and conditioning work, then had to wait a week to get to Vic. Whatever it was, that was the best he's looked at VFL level.

And I’m saying he is a cheat for trying to get a head high free and you posted your conspiracy comment straight after my post. Nothing that happened after that changes my opinion of Tobey MCLean which was all I was saying.
I was responding to a bunch of comments about the umpiring, hence I didn't reply to your comment or any specifically. I'm not disputing your opinion on McLean.

In summary, would be fine with Stephens, McDonald (and Brand generally) coming into the team at some point. Hoping we have a dominant win and no injuries, to make it tough for them.

Rowbottom has to be able to play out a full game, but is probably first back in when that happens.

Pretty easy to develop McInerney and Warner. Both talents. Wicks, Amartey & Bell all there when Kannelly was there. Kennelly was the spirit behind our blokes. Laidler is boring.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unsure how you could possibly know the influence levels of the development coaches.
Kennelly joined us for the 2018 season as a development coach (alongside Laidler) before Kennelly oversaw the senior defensive group in 2019 and midfield group in 2020 (before being let go) whilst Laidler coached the reserves.

So it’s a flip of a coin unless you work for the Swans?

Masey and Bloods86 are you both happy with losing 4 VFL games this year whilst leading and controlling until 3QT and the capitulation in the year quarter.

We are 0-4 this year. Were is the revision, facts get in the way though, our firsts are 3-4 as well in close games, not leading and failing.

Which fact is a part of revision

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masey and Bloods86 are you both happy with losing 4 VFL games this year whilst leading and controlling until 3QT and the capitulation in the year quarter.

We are 0-4 this year. Were is the revision, facts get in the way though, our firsts are 3-4 as well in close games, not leading and failing.

Happy? No, but I won’t lose my s**t over it and throw my toys out of the cot pointing out blame when I have but a mere Kayo stream to go off.

It’s predictable. The seniors have a bad day and I’ll see a post from you and others saying how s**t Longmire is, just about every time.

We gave away 3 goals in that last term due to poor discipline, some of which were the ring ins not even a part of our AFL squad. Don’t do that and we take home the chocolates.

If we are giving up fourth quarters regularly then it’s likely our conditioning that’s the issue and that could be the other VFL players, academy players and ring ins too.

Today, McDonald played his first game for 3 weeks, McCartin for a couple of months, Rowbottom only played three quarters, Reid’s first game in a couple of months and we had to face going against a gale whilst the Dogs had run and their backs up with nothing to lose. There are other circumstances, and I don’t for a moment think the coaching performance was perfect but nor can I stand on my soap box and assume what the players instructions were and whether they were carried out.

I can however confidently say that the instruction was not to:
1. Give away zone free kicks
2. Give away soft 50m penalties
3. Be second to the ball
4. Turn the ball over by foot when we have it

Positional free kicks should only be called if the two players aren’t back inside the 50 when the ball has been thrown in. They call these free kicks when the boundary is no where near throwing the ball in and on most occasions the player penalised is less than 5m from being in the 50. Those positional frees and several other 50’s in the last quarter changed the momentum and had a massive impact on the result.

Happy? No, but I won’t lose my sh*t over it and throw my toys out of the cot pointing out blame when I have but a mere Kayo stream to go off.

It’s predictable. The seniors have a bad day and I’ll see a post from you and others saying how sh*t Longmire is, just about every time.

We gave away 3 goals in that last term due to poor discipline, some of which were the ring ins not even a part of our AFL squad. Don’t do that and we take home the chocolates.

If we are giving up fourth quarters regularly then it’s likely our conditioning that’s the issue and that could be the other VFL players, academy players and ring ins too.

Today, McDonald played his first game for 3 weeks, McCartin for a couple of months, Rowbottom only played three quarters, Reid’s first game in a couple of months and we had to face going against a gale whilst the Dogs had run and their backs up with nothing to lose. There are other circumstances, and I don’t for a moment think the coaching performance was perfect but nor can I stand on my soap box and assume what the players instructions were and whether they were carried out.

I can however confidently say that the instruction was not to:
1. Give away zone free kicks
2. Give away soft 50m penalties
3. Be second to the ball
4. Turn the ball over by foot when we have it
I accept parts if that but it is the players or coaches who are responsible for all wins or loses.

Some select parts of wins or loses to support their argument but I believe in the overall argument.

I accept parts if that but it is the players or coaches who are responsible for all wins or loses.

Some select parts of wins or loses to support their argument but I believe in the overall argument.

Oh I agree it’s the players and the coaches but ultimately it is the players who execute it.

It’s one thing blaming a game plan but if the players don’t have the energy about their game to match their opposition it won’t matter what the game plan is supposed to be.

It’s disappointing of course and the fact we are having this discussion about the twos shows how into footy we are and absorbing all things Swans.
Respect.

Revisionist being that suddenly Laidler has been useless all along and anything good has been because of Kennelly etc

I really think Sheather will be hard to drop once he debuts for the senior team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coming on well but got some real quality in front of him.
Papley
Wicks
Hayward
Gulden
Campbell (next year?)
His play is probably most like Hayward with some Wicks thrown in. At this stage you would think his only chance to debut would be an injury.
Another preseason to build his tank won't hurt and he's certainly doing everything right.

What conspiracy he threw his arm up to create the head high as the first action before any call and for that I’m calling him a cheat.

ALL footy players are cheats. They are coached to get away with as much as we can before the umpires catch them. Subtle hands in the back, arms around the opponent, jumper tugging, blocking off the ball, etc, every player tries to get away with breaking the rules and not get caught. To call one player a cheat is simply ridiculous as all you are doing is identifying their particular area of cheating expertise. Different players have different areas; his may be getting the high tackle (as is Papley's and Gulden's), while Rampe's is getting the arm around their opponent, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back