Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand it, the mid season draft is reverse ladder order at the time of the draft. If Paddy tears it up in the ECFL, what is to stop another team drafting him? Is he "protected" because he plays for our ECFL team? Or is there some sort of understanding that because we took the punt on him other teams will not draft him?
I think Paddy made it pretty clear in that article that the Swans is where he wants to play so it would be pretty dumb for another team to pick him when he's saying things like;
"an item on McCartin’s bucket list ready to be ticked that he’d previously thought was unattainable: playing alongside his brother, Tom, for the first time"
and
“I’ve got that energy back for footy, which I probably didn’t have for a while, even before my concussions. [Melbourne is] a high-pressure environment and there’s a lot going on. To be up here now, I’m able to enjoy it a bit more and I think that will be very beneficial with my footy and just for my overall wellbeing.”

I am really looking forward to the competition being televised and commentated.
2 games to look forward to watch every week.
Back in 2019 all of our games were available on the NEAFL channel on Youtube (sometimes without commentary) so if this year reverts to 2 games we'll actually get less coverage and if telecast on 7two there's a good chance there will be a Vic bias, in terms of games shown. :(

Back in 2019 all of our games were available on the NEAFL channel on Youtube (sometimes without commentary) so if this year reverts to 2 games we'll actually get less coverage and if telecast on 7two there's a good chance there will be a Vic bias, in terms of games shown. :(
I do not understand your post. If all games are televised, what is the problem? And I am assuming all games will be televised and commentated. Am I missing something. Sorry.

Sydney Swans East Coast VFL

Jake Bartholomaeus
Nick Brewer
Darcy Cordell
Max Geddes
Adam Gulden
Ryan Hebron
Harry Maguire
Lachlan McAndrew
Paddy McCartin
Harry Morrison
Ben Silvagni
Sam Thorne
Reed van Husstede
Aidan Watling
=14

The playing list for the new team will comprise a primary list of up to 12 open-age players, and a development list of up to 18 players aged 22 and under.

So a few more players to come onboard.

Jake Bartholomaeus
Nick Brewer
Darcy Cordell
Max Geddes
Adam Gulden
Ryan Hebron
Harry Maguire
Lachlan McAndrew
Paddy McCartin
Harry Morrison
Ben Silvagni
Sam Thorne
Reed van Husstede
Aidan Watling
=14

The playing list for the new team will comprise a primary list of up to 12 open-age players, and a development list of up to 18 players aged 22 and under.

Is Adam related to Errol?

Jake Bartholomaeus
Nick Brewer
Darcy Cordell
Max Geddes
Adam Gulden
Ryan Hebron
Harry Maguire
Lachlan McAndrew
Paddy McCartin
Harry Morrison
Ben Silvagni
Sam Thorne
Reed van Husstede
Aidan Watling
=14

Love that pic! Reminds you why Paddy was a #1 pick.
Wish someone could explain how the numbers work with a club l like ours. 12 Open Agers plus 18 Under 22s sounds like a full list for a single team, or at least close. Swans have 43 (If correct) over one and a half teams. So the senior list can be expected to provide up to say 20 (fewer with injuries) to the EC team, with a maximum of 12 being over 22.
FMD this sounds messy.
Will the club break it up into 2 squads with some senior or rookie listed players training and playing ONLY with the EC team?
Sorry for the ramble but I don't understand how it will work in practice.

Wish someone could explain how the numbers work with a club l like ours. 12 Open Agers plus 18 Under 22s sounds like a full list for a single team, or at least close. Swans have 43 (If correct) over one and a half teams. So the senior list can be expected to provide up to say 20 (fewer with injuries) to the EC team, with a maximum of 12 being over 22.
FMD this sounds messy.
Will the club break it up into 2 squads with some senior or rookie listed players training and playing ONLY with the EC team?
I'm trying to understand it how it fits as well.

FMD this sounds messy.
me either. They have top ups arranged. But it is messy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know about the top ups? If we have 43 + 30 why would we need top ups? Has anyone seen anything intelligible from either the club or the AFL?
I think we have 43 + 14.. probably about right for two teams

My take, and Im just making this up.. is
Senior lists were reduced (and maybe reduced further in the future?)
Senior players 36ish get paid good $$$
Rookie players 6ish get paid $
EC footy players up to 30 and some get paid very little and some dont get paid.

Seems good for the Swans, its like having an extended rookie/development list

Last edited:
381dd661-6744-40bb-b692-cf285795f337-jpeg.1080348

Remove this Banner Ad

Back