Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

GWS 3
Sandringham 2
Aspley 1
Box Hill 1
Carlton 1
Casey Demons 1
Coburg 1
Collingwood 1
Essendon 1
Footscray 1
Frankston 1
Gold Coast 1
Geelong 1

Brisbane 0
North Melbourne 0
Northern Bullants 0
Port Melbourne 0
Richmond 0
Southport 0
Werribee 0
Williamstown 0

Byes 3

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I know I should know these VFL teams and I have heard of them but for the life of me I don't know which AFL team most of the VFL teams are affiliated with and I don't know which VFL teams are strong and which are weak.

I feel like that’s normal. Back when most teams had a more direct link with their VFL side, and us with Port, I followed it most weeks and that’s when I first watch Adam Goodes play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I should know these VFL teams and I have heard of them but for the life of me I don't know which AFL team most of the VFL teams are affiliated with and I don't know which VFL teams are strong and which are weak.
All I know is
Box Hill is affiliated with Hawthorn.
I think Northern Bullants was associated with Carlton.
Casey Demons = Melbourne
Sandringham with St Kilda?

Last edited:
22 Clubs
  • Standalone Clubs: Aspley, Coburg, Frankston, Northern Bullants, Port Melbourne, Southport, Werribee, Williamstown
  • AFL Clubs: Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Footscray, Geelong Cats, Gold Coast SUNS, GWS GIANTS, North Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney Swans
  • Aligned Clubs: Sandringham, Box Hill Hawks, Casey Demons

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes. The audience is limited, so there isn’t any money in it. Only a couple of games are televised each weekend in Victoria.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they can justify it for NEAFL games you'd think they could get something up for the Swans and Giants VFL teams.

Even just a single camera stream on YouTube would be OK.

Mathelios

Debutant
Mar 15, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
If this comp doesn't start until mid April, what are the ressies doing for the next four weeks? Playing scratch matches against GWS?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
It is the first two words of the title, also it is our way of having a small protest against the Victoria centric nature of the decision to have this new competition called the "VFL"
It is what it is . The comp is called the VFL . Just call it Swans ressies , it's so bloody childish , we came from the VFL ffs

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It is what it is . The comp is called the VFL . Just call it Swans ressies , it's so bloody childish , we came from the VFL ffs

Yes, but the competition is called the "VFL", as in the AFL actively decided to setup a new competition involving a lot of teams from places other than Victoria and yet they still called it the VFL because of "tradition".

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yes, but the competition is called the "VFL", as in the AFL actively decided to setup a new competition involving a lot of teams from places other than Victoria and yet they still called it the VFL because of "tradition".
Correct , it's the VFL and we are in it , get over it .

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
381dd661-6744-40bb-b692-cf285795f337-jpeg.1080348
Thanks Grim

If this comp doesn't start until mid April, what are the ressies doing for the next four weeks? Playing scratch matches against GWS?
Yeah probably. There’s one on Sunday at Tom wills Oval

Yeah probably. There’s one on Sunday at Tom wills Oval
With Lance playing, I'm sure they may be a larger than expected crowd.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Quietly stoked we might be getting a game down the road at Casey Fields. Looked at the calendar and we play Melbourne that weekend. What's the chances of it being a curtain raiser and not reserves and seniors played 50k's apart on the same day at the same time?

The seniors and the ECFL side double up for every remaining game in Melbourne (except of course Richmond which is before the ECFL season starts) except for the North game in Round 22 as the ECFL side is on a Bye. Only our match against Coburg in the last round sees the ECFL side travel to Melbourne alone and not jointly with the Seniors that is one to look forward to as it should be played at Coburg City Oval.

Only Geelong have got a curtain raiser so far so I think we might have a bit of travel on match days between grounds

Last edited:
Back