Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

We have evidence the VFL/ECFL side exists!! Games actually happened!!

VFL Update with Jeremy Laidler
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/893460

I'm assuming Ling has also been impressing if he was named sub, albeit he wouldn't have played on the weekend because of it.

If a tree falls down at a VFL/ECFL game but there’s no update from the club, does it make a sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ...
The sound of one hand clapping.

ctz6vE.gif

The Swans will not have to do too much pre-game strategy preparation for first the official VFL game on April 17th vs. GWS @ Lakeside Oval
How many practice games would they have played against each other in last few months?
Actually looking forward to watching the VFL TV/Streaming coverage.

The Swans will not have to do too much pre-game strategy preparation for first the official VFL game on April 17th vs. GWS @ Lakeside Oval
How many practice games would they have played against each other in last few months?
Actually looking forward to watching the VFL TV/Streaming coverage.

Why is the ECFL season taking so long to start? I mean it seems stupid when it is supposed to be a league to help the AFL clubs determine who is playing well and who should be elevated to the main team. Hard to do when the competition starts so much later than the AFL.

Why is the ECFL season taking so long to start? I mean it seems stupid when it is supposed to be a league to help the AFL clubs determine who is playing well and who should be elevated to the main team. Hard to do when the competition starts so much later than the AFL.
Well, the 16 Victorian-based teams will have played many practice games against each other (remember Dangerfield playing against Port Melbourne)!
NSW: Swans and GWS
Queensland: Brisbane, GCS, Aspley and Southport

I think the Victorian-based teams certainly have the advantage tradition (thanks HPKS :) ) in preparation!

Last edited:
Well, the 16 Victorian-based teams will have played many practice games against each other (remember Dangerfield playing against Port Melbourne)!
NSW: Swans and GWS
Queensland: Brisbane, GCS, Aspley and Southport

I think the Victorian-based teams certainly have the advantage in preparation!

You’ve got it all wrong. When a Victorian club has an advantage it’s tradition when it’s a northern club it’s a rort. Like COLA=rort, third party deal=tradition. Go home factor=tradition, academy=rort.

Excuse intrusion and interesting thread. Just wondering how Ben is tracking and projections. As another poster above said . No stats or review.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No idea. Scratch matches are never much of an indicator as you can tell that GWS won the Seniors pre season game pretty handily. Two weeks later - BOOM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy mentioned it in an interview a few weeks back.

That would be great as we are a bit short down back and having both McCartin's down there would be very useful.

Plus I think Paddy has a greater chance of being drafted as a key defender as I think we need a key defender more than we need a key forward.

To be honest we're curious to see how he responds now he's in the Swans system.

Yeah agree and you guys know ur good development is in vogue to discuss now off the back of the swarming swans and great start. His younger brother played ok and kicked a goal in lower vic league .

Yeah agree and you guys know ur good development is in vogue to discuss now off the back of the swarming swans and great start. His younger brother played ok and kicked a goal in lower vic league .

Good bloodlines. His coach is ex-Blues, not that that'll mean anything (Laidler). I think it's good that he's giving it a crack.
Look what it's done for big Tom Hickey - playing the best footy of his life. Never stops smiling.

Excuse intrusion and interesting thread. Just wondering how Ben is tracking and projections. As another poster above said . No stats or review.
Our weekly practice matches against GWS are played in some mythical land from where no information ever escapes.
So absolutely no feedback on Ben's performances, but other than Paddy Mac (family connection) he is our only non-local.

Not unreasonable to suggest therefore that we targeted Ben (as he could presumably get better $$s elsewhere)
Which, if true, bodes well for him. Offering him an opportunity and perhaps outlining a clear path for him to get back on an AFL list.
At Carlton he was always going to be son of, grandson of, brother of....
Know nothing about him personally, but he might relish the relative anonymity of Sydney.

Most would consider that our main list has an opening for a key defender.
So hope for him & us he grasps the chance.

Last edited:
Good bloodlines. His coach is ex-Blues, not that that'll mean anything (Laidler). I think it's good that he's giving it a crack.
Look what it's done for big Tom Hickey - playing the best footy of his life. Never stops smiling.

We won’t forget Laids. Agree re Tom H . Good story 4 clubs. He looked great against tigs . On topic yeah I hope he progresses .

Our weekly practice matches against GWS are played in some mythical land from where no information ever escapes.
So absolutely no feedback on Ben's performances, but other than Paddy Mac (family connection) he is our only non-local.

Not unreasonable to suggest therefore that we targeted Ben (as he could presumably get better $$s elsewhere)
Which, if true, bodes well for him. Offering him an opportunity and perhaps outlining a clear path for him to get back on an AFL list.
At Carlton he was always going to be son of, grandson of, brother of....
No nothing about him personally, but he might relish the relative anonymity of Sydney.

Most would consider that our main list has an opening for a key defender.
So hope for him & us he grasps the chance.

Good fair post. Hope he gets on ur rookie list at worst. To play out

I think it might have something to do with the AFLW finishing that weekend. Channel 7 probably don't have enough commentators for AFL, VFL and AFLW

The seniors and the ECFL side double up for every remaining game in Melbourne (except of course Richmond which is before the ECFL season starts) except for the North game in Round 22 as the ECFL side is on a Bye. Only our match against Coburg in the last round sees the ECFL side travel to Melbourne alone and not jointly with the Seniors that is one to look forward to as it should be played at Coburg City Oval.

Only Geelong have got a curtain raiser so far so I think we might have a bit of travel on match days between grounds
I know that Collingwood and Richmond often play curtain raisers at the Holden Centre or Punt Rd which are both outside the MCG. IKON Park, Arden St are close to the city as well.

Can't start soon enough. With a healthy list there's a few players I want to see more of yet can't/

It must be driving those guys nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back