Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

From the VFL website https://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125685597&c=1-118-0-579271-0&pool=1

Gold Coast Suns
1.4-10 6.7-43 10.8-68 14.11-95
Sydney Swans 2.3-15 6.6-42 7.9-51 12.9-81

GOLD COAST SUNS
Goal Kickers:
W. Bella 3, W. Brodie 2, M. Rosas 2, D. MacPherson 2, T. Hofert, Z. Smith, J. Hombsch, J. Sharp, J. Jeffrey
Best Players: J. Johnston, D. MacPherson, H. Oea, W. Brodie, J. Sharp, M. Rosas

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers:
S. Thorne 3, J. Amartey 3, J. Bell 2, L. Taylor, L. McDonald, W. Gould, H. Morrison
Best Players: W. Gould, C. O''Riordan, P. McCartin, D. Stephens, L. McAndrew

RD 2 Laidler report
Dylan Stephens
32 disposals, seven marks, seven tackles

"He ran hard both ways, he played a lot inside and played against some quality inside midfielders. He found plenty of the ball from start to finish."

Sam Gray
33 disposals, seven tackles

"He has been working really hard on his defensive movements, he was a little bit off on that but still managed to find a lot of the ball. He was really good inside."

Ryan Clarke
32 disposals, eight marks

"He has had a good couple of weeks, but his strength over the ball was a bit of a let down on the weekend but put some good numbers up."

Colin O'Riordan
31 disposals, six marks

"He started a little bit slow, but he is one of our more consistent players with his effort and intensity in and around the contest."

Will Gould
19 disposals, one goal, five tackles

"He has played a good couple of games in the first two rounds of the VFL. He has been really consistent with his effort and just needs to continue to grow on his effort for a long period of time."

James Bell
17 disposals, two goals, four tackles

"The stats didn't show that he had much of the ball but I thought he put in some really strong efforts. He played more forward than what he did inside, but he had some stints inside and was really strong with the ball."

Matt Ling
13 disposals, five marks

"He continues to build his game and work on his consistency with his defensive stuff. He is quite composed with the ball but it's an area he needs to work on."

Joel Amartey
12 disposals, three goals, three tackles

"He played predominantly forward with some stints in the ruck. He'll continue to grow in his 1v1 contests."

Laidler translation service

Stephens - wasn't as good as the oppo
Gray - lazy defensively
Clarke - soft
O'Riordan - has to wake up earlier
Taylor - lazy defensively
Carruthers - weak defensively
Gould - has to do it consistently
Bell - future Bronwlow winner
Ling - needs work on defensive stuff, needs work on offensive stuff
Amartey - outpointed in 1 on 1s.
O'Connor - too raw doesn't know where to stand

Kayo Saturday (but cannot see yet on Kay web site)

vfl round 3.jpg

Been training for weeks

Best runner at club

fu** they brought rowbottom in so anything possible

Yeah but I'm thinking that might've been a mistake.

Having said that Fox isn't a kid and you're right he's the fittest bloke on the list.

I'd probably back him in.

Reading Gould's made me think he won't debut for a while?

"needs to continue to grow on his effort for a long period of time."

Or does that maybe mean throughout a game?

Reading Gould's made me think he won't debut for a while?

"needs to continue to grow on his effort for a long period of time."

Or does that maybe mean throughout a game?

The latter would be my guess. I thought last game he looked very good at some stages, and was unsighted for long periods in between. Maybe they want to see a complete performance from him as opposed to just having some great cameos.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
G'day Swannies,

Just wondering on what the VFL watchers thoughts are on Paddy MacCartin?

Has he been playing CHB?

Does he loom fit?

Do you think Sydney will take the gamble on him?

Would love to see him get another go and succeed, but it's a big risk.

G'day Swannies,

Has he been playing CHB?

Does he loom fit?

Has been playing CHB and seems to be having a lot of fun just having a kick again. Has been playing very good footy. No idea what the Club will do. Apparently he has a good crew of docs and he would be monitored very closely. He is happy in Sydney with Tom and having confidence in the support system seems to have helped.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has been playing CHB and seems to be having a lot of fun just having a kick again. Has been playing very good footy. No idea what the Club will do. Apparently he has a good crew of docs and he would be monitored very closely. He is happy in Sydney with Tom and having confidence in the support system seems to have helped.
Good to hear he's loving his footy, the bloke deserves a bit of luck and has the talent!

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
G'day Swannies,

Has he been playing CHB?

Does he loom fit?

It also may not matter what we want to do. Unless we plummet down the ladder by the mid season draft, someone else can pick him up if he's shown a lot. Maybe Tom being in Syd might scare a few off, but if it's a Vic club I doubt they'd have too many concerns about him sticking around with anyone willing to give him an opportunity, assuming he continues on past the initial 18mths.

Back