Swans Reserves (ECFL comp) 2021 (VFL we fart in your general direction)

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been off the list in 2019, as I said at the time.

We should be far more aggressive cutting those who are not going to become quality AFL players. Bell is another that is absolutely baffling
Assuming we delisted Bell and Armety who would you have no delisted instead? Assuming in this hypothetical we don't just draft in someone with super late picks

Assuming we delisted Bell and Armety who would you have no delisted instead? Assuming in this hypothetical we don't just draft in someone with super late picks
I would have delisted them in addition to those we did, to take 2 more late picks, which historically have a 10-20% chance of becoming an above average AFL player.

That is a greater % than I give to either Amartey or Bell (and a few others), so it is the right move. Amartey has now been on the list 4 seasons to play 1 game, and is just clogging a spot that could be recycled on someone with a 10-20% chance.

I would have delisted them in addition to those we did, to take 2 more late picks, which historically have a 10-20% chance of becoming an above average AFL player.

That is a greater % than I give to either Amartey or Bell (and a few others), so it is the right move. Amartey has now been on the list 4 seasons to play 1 game, and is just clogging a spot that could be recycled on someone with a 10-20% chance.

This is rubbish. You can only have so many children on the list. And you can only play so many in the seniors. They don’t have the strength or fitness.

Tell me more. I’ve missed the last couple of games.

He just uses his body well in ruck contests and shows a willingness to compete immediately after the ruck contest.

Plenty of work to do with his involvement in the rest of the game but you can’t teach someone to be 208.5cm so it’s a good start.

That’s my take anyway.

RD 3 recap lost to Geelong 8.12.60 to 9.10.64
Best Players: R. Fox, M. Sheather, W. Gould, L. Taylor, K. Brand, S. Gray
That's obviously from the sportstg website, but who makes those choices?

Gould better than Taylor & Campbell?
Certainly not in my view.

I'll be interested to read Laidler's report and compare his commentary to those votes. (NB; Recap below does not include his report).

Swans website recap (no best players named);
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/924439/vfl-rd-3-recap-geelong-edge-swans-in-thriller

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom McCartin being investigated for a behind the ball hit that Fox Footy has described as sickening. Can't tell from the behind the goals potato it was filmed on whether it is a punch or slap.

Fox sports says Paddy, not Tom

It’s an issue that has crept into the game over the last decade. To many times we accept the punch to the body or arms as ok & view as part of the game or “gamesmanship”. First gaff now McCartin. It’s obvious from the vision he’s attempting to hit his opponent in the arms but miscues and hits the head. Until the league stamps it out it’s going to happen more often. Will get 4 weeks.

It’s an issue that has crept into the game over the last decade. To many times we accept the punch to the body or arms as ok & view as part of the game or “gamesmanship”. First gaff now McCartin. It’s obvious from the vision he’s attempting to hit his opponent in the arms but miscues and hits the head. Until the league stamps it out it’s going to happen more often. Will get 4 weeks.
Looks like emotions got the better of him. He would have felt it after collecting his jaw but ran away

Last edited:
Its been deemed intentional and high impact !
Oooh!
Let's say 1 week for intentional plus two for high impact............that's 3 weeks with 1 less for an early plea.

Two weeks folks.
Out for 4 to 6 with a broken hand anyway & Black goes on to play the whole game out with a saw jaw.
No harm done this time around but Paddy needs to be smarter than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back