Win Prizes Swans Strange Quiz or: How I Learned to Stop Yawning and Love the Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

To make up for the absence of a Swans game this weekend, I've devised a little Swans quiz for us fanatics to get our red and white fix. I initially wanted to lock this thread after posting the question to prevent the earlybirds spoiling it for latecomers but after much thought I'm happy for people to write down their responses in this thread or somewhere offline and compare them to the answers when I release them on Monday. In any case, since there are no prizes involved so there's no point being that strict.

Therefore be warned there could possibly be SPOILERS after this post, and if you want to honestly test yourself don't look below this original post until you've completed the quiz.

Section A: Half-year review
Let's start with something fresh and hopefully easy, the 2013 season so far.

1. Against which teams have the Swans failed to pick up the full 4 premiership points? (Hint: not a trick question, only include the teams we have played against.)

2. Name the Swan leading the team in the following statistical categories:
a) Disposals
b) Goals
c) Goal assists
d) Tackles
e) Marks
f) Contested Marks
g) Clearances
h) One-percenters
i) Hitouts

3. Which 4 Swans have made their AFL debuts?

4. I've included this question to see who has been paying attention to the reserves. The Ressies have played in 10 NEAFL games, but only 4 players have played in all of them? (Hint: No topups have played all 10)

Section B: Memorable Moments
The following lists a Swan and his involvement in some of the most memorable moments in recent Swans history. But can you name the player who kicked, handballed, tapped, or delivered the ball to that Swan? (Hint: the answer is not necessarily a Swan!)

E.g. If the event was "Jude Bolton's 2nd goal 2013 Round 11 v Adelaide" the answer would be "Brandon Jack"
  1. Nick Malceski's 2nd goal 2012 Grand Final v Hawthorn.
  2. Lewis Jetta runs all the way from the Swans' half back line to the goalsquare for an exciting goal 2012 Preliminary Final v Collingwood.
  3. Andrejs Everitt marking and launching an accurate 50m kick for the winning goal 2012 Round 13 v Geelong.
  4. Trent Dennis-Lane winning a free for a great tackle and goal in the right forward pocket 2010 Elimination Final v Carlton. (Hint: Name the player he tackled)
  5. Lewis Jetta's 1st AFL goal, after 19 straight behinds. 2010 Round 20 v Hawthorn.
  6. Daniel Bradshaw's after-the-3-quarter-time-siren 60m torpedo from the Brewongle wing 2010 Round 6 v Brisbane.
  7. Michael O'Loughlin gets to the loose ball in the goalsquare to boot the winning goal followed by an exchange of pleasantries with the West Coast cheer squad 2006 Qualifying Final v West Coast.
  8. Leo Barry "YOU STAR!" mark to save the 2005 Grand Final v West Coast.
  9. Amon Buchanan's go-ahead goal 2005 Grand Final v West Coast.
  10. Adam Schneider's 3rd goal that made Tim Lane exclaim "And the Swans are into the Grand Final!" 2005 Preliminary Final v St Kilda.
  11. Nick Davis' 4th and winning goal 2005 Semi Final v Geelong. (Brownie points if you can provide the answers for his other 3 goals)
  12. Barry Hall's after-the-siren goal that put the Swans ahead for the first time 2005 Round 3 Brisbane. (Hint: I will accept either the Swan that kicked it to him or the Lion that gave away the free kick)
  13. Tadhg Kennelly's "That's as good as it gets!" goal where he faked a kick, spun around Chris Johnson and goaled from 50m under pressure from Michael Voss. 2005 Round 20 v Brisbane.
  14. Jude Bolton's "I see it but I don't believe it" goal 2003 Qualifying Final v Port Adelaide. (Note: Anthony Hudson repeated his quote for the Nicky D heroics 2 years later but this was when he first uttered it).
  15. Daryn Cresswell milks a free kick and goals after-the-siren to win the game 2002 Round 5 v North Melbourne. (Hint: Name the Kangaroo that gave away the free kick).
  16. Tony Lockett's 1300th goal which sparked a mass ground invasion 1999 Round 10 v Collingwood.
  17. Tony Lockett's after-the-siren point to win the 1996 Preliminary Final v Essendon.
  18. Daryn Cresswell's mark and winning goal just outside the goalsquare 1996 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn.
Section C: General Swans Trivia
  1. Paul Roos' biggest losing margin as head coach of the Swans happened in his last year (2010). Which team was victorious that day and what was the final margin?
  2. Two Swans on two separate occasions have been used as the stepladder for Mark of the Year winners. Name the Mark of the Year winners and the Swans involved. (Hint: One happened at ANZ Stadium, the other at the SCG).
  3. Nick Malceski famously kicked the last goal of the 2012 AFL season but a lesser known fact is that a Swan also kicked the first goal of the 2012 season. Which Swan?
  4. John Longmire has coached 2 draws since becoming head coach, the 2nd one of course occurred a few weeks ago against Fremantle. Who was the first draw against and when did this happen (Round and Year)?
  5. Which Swan led the 'bounces' statistical category at the end of the 2012 home and away season?
  6. The practice of swapping down to a lower jumper number seems to be out of vogue at the Swans. Only 4 current Swans have adopted this practice (not counting players coming in from other teams). Name the players and their original jumper number when they first arrived at the Swans.
Section D: Who can it be now?
One of my favourite pasttimes is to daydream what it would be like to combine the strengths of 2 Swans into one hybrid super player. The pace of Jetta combined with the size of Mumford. The shoulders of JPK combined with the leaping ability of Jesse White. But until the hyper mega conglomerate TwitFace invents this technology in 2023 my dreams will sadly have to be put on hold. In the meantime, we can make do with this ersatz version.

From the Swans player profile photos, I have taken the face of one Swan (without the hair) and placed it on top of another (excuse the awful Photoshop job). Name the two players involved in each photo. (Hint: They are all linked in some way, but the link can be a little tenuous for some of them).

1. Y5wyiYr.png
  2. vQAGsbT.png
  3. q2FOWMH.png
  4. V0O6z8R.png
  5. odAVoqP.png
  6. 1f5JNRx.png
  7. RBzWTkf.png
*Note: No prizes
*Note2: Yes I posted this on the other site too.

Those pictures are hilarious. I know the answers to a lot of them, too lazy to type it out. Will type them out later on. Maybe people could post their answers here but wrap the spoiler tags around it.

Section A:
1. Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle

a) Hannebery
b) McGlynn
c) McVeigh
d) O'Keefe
e) Goodes
f) Pyke
g) Kennedy
h) Jack
i) Pyke

3. Mitchell, Lamb, Rampe, Jack

4. No idea. lol

Next section:

1. Hannebery handball
2. Reid tap on
4. Dennis Armfield?
7. Banfield knocked it on.
8. Dean Cox kick.
10. Leo Barry banana kick.
11. Jason Ball tap. (Kennelly handball, RO'K kick were 2 of the 3 others)
12. Leo Barry kick again? Or it might have been Nick Davis.
13. Barry Hall handball i think
14. It was a smother from another Swans player, not sure who it was. Luke Ablett?
15. Daniel Wells? Was an indigenous player, i remember that much.
16. Paul Kelly kick.
17. Wade Chapman kick.

Section C:
1. Melbourne, by 72 points if i remember rightly. Horrible day. I remember the first quarter being a horror show.
2. Heath Grundy/Howe and Jolly/Ottens
3. Craig Bird?
4. Rd1 2011. I remember him making a blunder with Seaby as sub. lol.
5. Rhyce Shaw i think.

Section D:
1. Jack/McVeigh
2. Richards/Richards? lol
3. Tippett/White
4. Rampe/Johnson
5. Shaw/
6. LRT/
7. Jetta/Johnson

A quick effort. Got to head out, would love to have given question 6 in section C a decent crack. Maybe when i get back. Didn't realise how bad i was at section D. And i really enjoyed Section B. I remember all of them, but not quite 100% sure on some of them on who had the last touch.

I have done this without resorting to Google so will get a fair few wrong

1 - Geelong, Fremantle, Hawthorn
a - Hannebery
b - McGlynn
c - Jack (led it last year so guessing he's up there again)
d - O'Keefe
e - Hannebery
f - Our best player Mike Pyke
g - Kennedy (leading whole comp again, looked this up yesterday)
h - Kennedy
i - Our best player Mike Pyke

3 - Jack, Mitchell, Rampe, Lamb

4 - Richards, Biggs, Lloyd, Brown

1- Hannebery
2- Grundy
3- Goodes
4- Armfield
5- Mattner
6- O'Keefe
7- Malceski
8- Cox
9- NGoodes
10- Davis
11- Ball
12- Bolton
13- Buchanan
14- NFI
15- NFI
16- NFI
17- NFI
18- NFI

1- Melbourne Tankers, 70-something points
2- Grundy last year, no idea of the other
3- Lewis Jetta?
4- Melbourne Tankers in 2011
5- Shaw
6- NFI

1- Jarrad Jack
2- Ted Grundy
3- Kurt White
4- Alex Rampe
5- Rhyce Kennedy
6- Sam Roberts-Thomson
7- Lewis Rohan

1. Against which teams have the Swans failed to pick up the full 4 premiership points? (Hint: not a trick question, only include the teams we have played against.)

Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle.

a) Disposals Hannebery
b) Goals Jack
c) Goal assists Jack
d) Tackles Jack
e) Marks Pyke
f) Contested Marks Pyke
g) Clearances Kennedy
h) One-percenters Richards
i) Hitouts Mumford

3. Which 4 Swans have made their AFL debuts? Rampe, Mitchell, B. Jack, Lamb.

4. I've included this question to see who has been paying attention to the reserves. The Ressies have played in 10 NEAFL games, but only 4 players have played in all of them? (Hint: No topups have played all 10) Lockyer, Brown, Richards, Biggs.

The following lists a Swan and his involvement in some of the most memorable moments in recent Swans history. But can you name the player who kicked, handballed, tapped, or delivered the ball to that Swan? (Hint: the answer is not necessarily a Swan!)

E.g. If the event was "Jude Bolton's 2nd goal 2013 Round 11 v Adelaide" the answer would be "Brandon Jack"
  1. Nick Malceski's 2nd goal 2012 Grand Final v Hawthorn. Jude Bolton.
  2. Lewis Jetta runs all the way from the Swans' half back line to the goalsquare for an exciting goal 2012 Preliminary Final v Collingwood. Josh Kennedy
  3. Andrejs Everitt marking and launching an accurate 50m kick for the winning goal 2012 Round 13 v Geelong. Ryan O'Keefe
  4. Trent Dennis-Lane winning a free for a great tackle and goal in the right forward pocket 2010 Elimination Final v Carlton. (Hint: Name the player he tackled) Dennis Armfield
  5. Lewis Jetta's 1st AFL goal, after 19 straight behinds. 2010 Round 20 v Hawthorn. Adam Goodes
  6. Daniel Bradshaw's after-the-3-quarter-time-siren 60m torpedo from the Brewongle wing 2010 Round 6 v Brisbane. Ryan O'Keefe
  7. Michael O'Loughlin gets to the loose ball in the goalsquare to boot the winning goal followed by an exchange of pleasantries with the West Coast cheer squad 2006 Qualifying Final v West Coast. Ryan O'Keefe
  8. Leo Barry "YOU STAR!" mark to save the 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. Dean Cox
  9. Amon Buchanan's go-ahead goal 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. Luke Ablett
  10. Adam Schneider's 3rd goal that made Tim Lane exclaim "And the Swans are into the Grand Final!" 2005 Preliminary Final v St Kilda. Paul Williams
  11. Nick Davis' 4th and winning goal 2005 Semi Final v Geelong. (Brownie points if you can provide the answers for his other 3 goals) Henry Playfair, Ryan O'Keefe, Paul Williams and Jason Ball
  12. Barry Hall's after-the-siren goal that put the Swans ahead for the first time 2005 Round 3 Brisbane. (Hint: I will accept either the Swan that kicked it to him or the Lion that gave away the free kick) Daniel Merrett
  13. Tadhg Kennelly's "That's as good as it gets!" goal where he faked a kick, spun around Chris Johnson and goaled from 50m under pressure from Michael Voss. 2005 Round 20 v Brisbane. Leo Barry
  14. Jude Bolton's "I see it but I don't believe it" goal 2003 Qualifying Final v Port Adelaide. (Note: Anthony Hudson repeated his quote for the Nicky D heroics 2 years later but this was when he first uttered it). Barry Hall
  15. Daryn Cresswell milks a free kick and goals after-the-siren to win the game 2002 Round 5 v North Melbourne. (Hint: Name the Kangaroo that gave away the free kick). NFI
  16. Tony Lockett's 1300th goal which sparked a mass ground invasion 1999 Round 10 v Collingwood. NFI
  17. Tony Lockett's after-the-siren point to win the 1996 Preliminary Final v Essendon. Wade Chapman
  18. Daryn Cresswell's mark and winning goal just outside the goalsquare 1996 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn. NFI
  1. Paul Roos' biggest losing margin as head coach of the Swans happened in his last year (2010). Which team was victorious that day and what was the final margin? Melbourne, 86 points.
  2. Two Swans on two separate occasions have been used as the stepladder for Mark of the Year winners. Name the Mark of the Year winners and the Swans involved. (Hint: One happened at ANZ Stadium, the other at the SCG). Jeremy Howe - Heath Grundy; NFI
  3. Nick Malceski famously kicked the last goal of the 2012 AFL season but a lesser known fact is that a Swan also kicked the first goal of the 2012 season. Which Swan? Lewis Jetta
  4. John Longmire has coached 2 draws since becoming head coach, the 2nd one of course occurred a few weeks ago against Fremantle. Who was the first draw against and when did this happen (Round and Year)? Melbourne, Round 1 2011.
  5. Which Swan led the 'bounces' statistical category at the end of the 2012 home and away season? Lewis Jetta
  6. The practice of swapping down to a lower jumper number seems to be out of vogue at the Swans. Only 4 current Swans have adopted this practice (not counting players coming in from other teams). Name the players and their original jumper number when they first arrived at the Swans. Nick Malceski, 40; Ryan O'Keefe, 26; Keiren Jack, 43; NFI
One of my favourite pasttimes is to daydream what it would be like to combine the strengths of 2 Swans into one hybrid super player. The pace of Jetta combined with the size of Mumford. The shoulders of JPK combined with the leaping ability of Jesse White. But until the hyper mega conglomerate TwitFace invents this technology in 2023 my dreams will sadly have to be put on hold. In the meantime, we can make do with this ersatz version.

From the Swans player profile photos, I have taken the face of one Swan (without the hair) and placed it on top of another (excuse the awful Photoshop job). Name the two players involved in each photo. (Hint: They are all linked in some way, but the link can be a little tenuous for some of them).

1. Y5wyiYr.png
    Keiren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh - both captains.
  2. vQAGsbT.png
    Ted Richards and Heath Grundy - both defenders.
  3. q2FOWMH.png
    Jesse White and Kurt TIppett - both forwards.
  4. V0O6z8R.png
    AJ and Dane Rampe - both defenders.
  5. odAVoqP.png
    Reece Shaw and Nick Malceski - both HBFs.
  6. 1f5JNRx.png
    LRT and Sam Reid - both forwards.
  7. RBzWTkf.png
    Gary ROhan and Lewis Jetta - both speedsters.

Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle.

a) Disposals Hannebery
b) Goals Jack
c) Goal assists Jack
d) Tackles Jack
e) Marks Pyke
f) Contested Marks Pyke
g) Clearances Kennedy
h) One-percenters Richards
i) Hitouts Mumford

3. Which 4 Swans have made their AFL debuts? Rampe, Mitchell, B. Jack, Lamb.

4. I've included this question to see who has been paying attention to the reserves. The Ressies have played in 10 NEAFL games, but only 4 players have played in all of them? (Hint: No topups have played all 10) Lockyer, Brown, Richards, Biggs.

1. Nick Malceski's 2nd goal 2012 Grand Final v Hawthorn. Jude Bolton.
  2. Lewis Jetta runs all the way from the Swans' half back line to the goalsquare for an exciting goal 2012 Preliminary Final v Collingwood. Josh Kennedy
  3. Andrejs Everitt marking and launching an accurate 50m kick for the winning goal 2012 Round 13 v Geelong. Ryan O'Keefe
  4. Trent Dennis-Lane winning a free for a great tackle and goal in the right forward pocket 2010 Elimination Final v Carlton. (Hint: Name the player he tackled) Dennis Armfield
  5. Lewis Jetta's 1st AFL goal, after 19 straight behinds. 2010 Round 20 v Hawthorn. Adam Goodes
  6. Daniel Bradshaw's after-the-3-quarter-time-siren 60m torpedo from the Brewongle wing 2010 Round 6 v Brisbane. Ryan O'Keefe
  7. Michael O'Loughlin gets to the loose ball in the goalsquare to boot the winning goal followed by an exchange of pleasantries with the West Coast cheer squad 2006 Qualifying Final v West Coast. Ryan O'Keefe
  8. Leo Barry "YOU STAR!" mark to save the 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. Dean Cox
  9. Amon Buchanan's go-ahead goal 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. Luke Ablett
  10. Adam Schneider's 3rd goal that made Tim Lane exclaim "And the Swans are into the Grand Final!" 2005 Preliminary Final v St Kilda. Paul Williams
  11. Nick Davis' 4th and winning goal 2005 Semi Final v Geelong. (Brownie points if you can provide the answers for his other 3 goals) Henry Playfair, Ryan O'Keefe, Paul Williams and Jason Ball
  12. Barry Hall's after-the-siren goal that put the Swans ahead for the first time 2005 Round 3 Brisbane. (Hint: I will accept either the Swan that kicked it to him or the Lion that gave away the free kick) Daniel Merrett
  13. Tadhg Kennelly's "That's as good as it gets!" goal where he faked a kick, spun around Chris Johnson and goaled from 50m under pressure from Michael Voss. 2005 Round 20 v Brisbane. Leo Barry
  14. Jude Bolton's "I see it but I don't believe it" goal 2003 Qualifying Final v Port Adelaide. (Note: Anthony Hudson repeated his quote for the Nicky D heroics 2 years later but this was when he first uttered it). Barry Hall
  15. Daryn Cresswell milks a free kick and goals after-the-siren to win the game 2002 Round 5 v North Melbourne. (Hint: Name the Kangaroo that gave away the free kick). NFI
  16. Tony Lockett's 1300th goal which sparked a mass ground invasion 1999 Round 10 v Collingwood. NFI
  17. Tony Lockett's after-the-siren point to win the 1996 Preliminary Final v Essendon. Wade Chapman
  18. Daryn Cresswell's mark and winning goal just outside the goalsquare 1996 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn. NFI

1. Paul Roos' biggest losing margin as head coach of the Swans happened in his last year (2010). Which team was victorious that day and what was the final margin? Melbourne, 86 points.
  2. Two Swans on two separate occasions have been used as the stepladder for Mark of the Year winners. Name the Mark of the Year winners and the Swans involved. (Hint: One happened at ANZ Stadium, the other at the SCG). Jeremy Howe - Heath Grundy; NFI
  3. Nick Malceski famously kicked the last goal of the 2012 AFL season but a lesser known fact is that a Swan also kicked the first goal of the 2012 season. Which Swan? Lewis Jetta
  4. John Longmire has coached 2 draws since becoming head coach, the 2nd one of course occurred a few weeks ago against Fremantle. Who was the first draw against and when did this happen (Round and Year)? Melbourne, Round 1 2011.
  5. Which Swan led the 'bounces' statistical category at the end of the 2012 home and away season? Lewis Jetta
  6. The practice of swapping down to a lower jumper number seems to be out of vogue at the Swans. Only 4 current Swans have adopted this practice (not counting players coming in from other teams). Name the players and their original jumper number when they first arrived at the Swans. Nick Malceski, 40; Ryan O'Keefe, 26; Keiren Jack, 43; NFI

1. Y5wyiYr.png
    Keiren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh - both captains.
  2. vQAGsbT.png
    Ted Richards and Heath Grundy - both defenders.
  3. q2FOWMH.png
    Jesse White and Kurt TIppett - both forwards.
  4. V0O6z8R.png
    AJ and Dane Rampe - both defenders.
  5. odAVoqP.png
    Reece Shaw and Nick Malceski - both HBFs.
  6. 1f5JNRx.png
    LRT and Sam Reid - both forwards.
  7. RBzWTkf.png
    Gary ROhan and Lewis Jetta - both speedsters.
Wow you suck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I just wanted to trick you into wasting more time one it. Doesn't look better or worse than swansfan51's

Yeah I scanned his and quickly realised we both had very similar answers. :p

1. Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle
2a. Dan Hannebery
2b. Ben McGlynn
2c. Adam Goodes
2d. Kieren Jack
2e. Adam Goodes
2f. Mike Pyke
2g. Josh Kennedy
2h. Ted Richards
2i. Mike Pyke

3. Brandon Jack, Tom Mitchell, Dane Rampe, Jed Lamb

4. Jake Lloyd, Alex Brown, Harrison Marsh, Jordan Lockyer

1. Dan Hannebery
2. Sam Reid
3. Alex Johnson
4. Dennis Armfield
5. Marty Mattner
6. Josh Kennedy
7. Nick Malceski
8. Dean Cox
9. Jason Ball
10. Brett Kirk
11. Jason Ball, Ryan O'Keefe (long bomb and contested mark), Brett Kirk (handball to Davis who snaps from right forward pocket), Sean Dempster (quick handball to Davis who snapped from 45)
12. Chris Scott
13. Jason Ball
14. Paul Williams
15. Shannon Motlop
16. Paul Kelly
17. Wade Chapman
18. ?

1. Melbourne Demons by 78
2. Jeremy Howe over Heath Grundy and Brad Ottens over Darren Jolly and Barry Hall
3. Josh Kennedy
4. 2011 Round One vs Melbourne Demons at the MCG
5. Rhyce Shaw
6. Nick Malceski (43 to 9), Harry Cunningham (42 to 7), Ryan O'Keefe (? to 5) and Kieren Jack (43 to 15)

1. Kieren Jack and Jarrad McVeigh
2. Heath Grundy and Ted Richards
3. Jesse White and Kurt Tippett
4. Alex Johnson and Dane Rampe
5. Rhyce Shaw and Josh Kennedy
6. Sam Reid and LRT
7. Lewis Jetta and Gary Rohan

Good stuff, Grim.

Hawthorn, Geelong, Fremantle (I misread this question and thought it was "which 4 teams have the Swans failed to pick up the full premiership points, and spent a good 10 mins trying to figure out the 4th).

a) Disposals - Dan Hannebery
b) Goals - Ben McGlynn
c) Goal assists - Kieran Jack
d) Tackles - Ryan O'Keefe
e) Marks - Adam Goodes
f) Contested Marks - Mike Pyke
g) Clearances - Josh Kennedy
h) One-percenters - Dane Rampe
i) Hitouts - Mike Pyke

3. Which 4 Swans have made their AFL debuts?

Dane Rampe, Jed Lamb, Tom Mitchell, Brandon Jack

4. I've included this question to see who has been paying attention to the reserves. The Ressies have played in 10 NEAFL games, but only 4 players have played in all of them? (Hint: No topups have played all 10)

Jordan Lockyer, Shane Biggs, Xavier Richards, Jake Lloyd

1. Nick Malceski's 2nd goal 2012 Grand Final v Hawthorn. - Dan Hannebery
  2. Lewis Jetta runs all the way from the Swans' half back line to the goalsquare for an exciting goal 2012 Preliminary Final v Collingwood. - Heath Grundy
  3. Andrejs Everitt marking and launching an accurate 50m kick for the winning goal 2012 Round 13 v Geelong. - Josh Kennedy
  4. Trent Dennis-Lane winning a free for a great tackle and goal in the right forward pocket 2010 Elimination Final v Carlton. (Hint: Name the player he tackled) - Dennis Armfield
  5. Lewis Jetta's 1st AFL goal, after 19 straight behinds. 2010 Round 20 v Hawthorn. - Nick Malceski
  6. Daniel Bradshaw's after-the-3-quarter-time-siren 60m torpedo from the Brewongle wing 2010 Round 6 v Brisbane. - Adam Goodes
  7. Michael O'Loughlin gets to the loose ball in the goalsquare to boot the winning goal followed by an exchange of pleasantries with the West Coast cheer squad 2006 Qualifying Final v West Coast. - Ted Richards
  8. Leo Barry "YOU STAR!" mark to save the 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. - Dean Cox
  9. Amon Buchanan's go-ahead goal 2005 Grand Final v West Coast. - Jason Ball
  10. Adam Schneider's 3rd goal that made Tim Lane exclaim "And the Swans are into the Grand Final!" 2005 Preliminary Final v St Kilda. - Ryan O'Keefe
  11. Nick Davis' 4th and winning goal 2005 Semi Final v Geelong. (Brownie points if you can provide the answers for his other 3 goals) - Henry Playfair rucking for Geelong (the others, I know ROK was one, Kirk possibly another, and maybe Jude?)
  12. Barry Hall's after-the-siren goal that put the Swans ahead for the first time 2005 Round 3 Brisbane. (Hint: I will accept either the Swan that kicked it to him or the Lion that gave away the free kick) - Justin Leppitsch
  13. Tadhg Kennelly's "That's as good as it gets!" goal where he faked a kick, spun around Chris Johnson and goaled from 50m under pressure from Michael Voss. 2005 Round 20 v Brisbane. - Amon Buchanan
  14. Jude Bolton's "I see it but I don't believe it" goal 2003 Qualifying Final v Port Adelaide. (Note: Anthony Hudson repeated his quote for the Nicky D heroics 2 years later but this was when he first uttered it). - Adam Goodes
  15. Daryn Cresswell milks a free kick and goals after-the-siren to win the game 2002 Round 5 v North Melbourne. (Hint: Name the Kangaroo that gave away the free kick). - Boomer Harvey
  16. Tony Lockett's 1300th goal which sparked a mass ground invasion 1999 Round 10 v Collingwood. - Paul Kelly
  17. Tony Lockett's after-the-siren point to win the 1996 Preliminary Final v Essendon.- Wade Chapman
  18. Daryn Cresswell's mark and winning goal just outside the goalsquare 1996 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn. - Paul Kelly

1. Paul Roos' biggest losing margin as head coach of the Swans happened in his last year (2010). Which team was victorious that day and what was the final margin? Melbourne, 92 points
  2. Two Swans on two separate occasions have been used as the stepladder for Mark of the Year winners. Name the Mark of the Year winners and the Swans involved. (Hint: One happened at ANZ Stadium, the other at the SCG). Darren Jolly and Heath Grundy
  3. Nick Malceski famously kicked the last goal of the 2012 AFL season but a lesser known fact is that a Swan also kicked the first goal of the 2012 season. Which Swan? Luke Parker
  4. John Longmire has coached 2 draws since becoming head coach, the 2nd one of course occurred a few weeks ago against Fremantle. Who was the first draw against and when did this happen (Round and Year)? No idea
  5. Which Swan led the 'bounces' statistical category at the end of the 2012 home and away season? Rhyce Shaw
  6. The practice of swapping down to a lower jumper number seems to be out of vogue at the Swans. Only 4 current Swans have adopted this practice (not counting players coming in from other teams). Name the players and their original jumper number when they first arrived at the Swans. Ryan O'Keefe (39), Nick Malceski (38) Harry Cunningham (44), Kieran Jack (43)

1. Y5wyiYr.png
    Kieran Jack (face), Jarrad McVeigh (body)
  2. vQAGsbT.png
    Ted Richards (face) and Heath Grundy (body)
  3. q2FOWMH.png
    Kurt Tippett (face) and Jesse White (body)
  4. V0O6z8R.png
    Alex Johnson (face) and Dane Rampe (body)
  5. odAVoqP.png
    Rhyce Shaw (face) and Josh Kennedy (body)
  6. 1f5JNRx.png
    Sam Reid (face) and LRT (body)
  7. RBzWTkf.png
    Lewis Jetta (face) and Gary Rohan (body)

Poor work on the feedback Grim. How'd I do? How'd I do? How'd I do?????
I will respond to nothing less than a perfect score because that's all ill associate with

With out reading the replies just wanna say thanks for putting in the effort here Grim. Will definitely give it a crack at some point over this dull weekend of footy!

17. Wade Chapman

A much unheralded Swan and one in the true spirit of the Bloods. Always getting concussed as he played head over the ball and took no step backwards. In the last desperate moments he places a great kick into space and lets the big No.4 run onto it. Quickly he was forgotten in the scenes that followed.

Lest we forget (him). Well done Chappy.

ps. I hate the Bye and now I've gone and watched all of Series 3 G.O.T.

1. Kieran Jack and Jarred McVeigh. Both played for Pennant Hills
  2. Ted Richards and Joey Kennedy. Xavier College. Both were also AA last year if I remember
  3. Jesse WHite and Kurt Tippett. Both played for Southport Sharks. Also, the connection with the trade.
  4. Alex Johnson and Dane Rampe. Both same height?
  5. Rhys Shaw and Nick Malceski. I honestly have no idea
  6. Sam Reid and Lewis Robert Thompson. Both have played Full Forward?
  7. Gary Rohan and Lewis Jetta. Both 2009 1st round draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back