News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, shucks.

Happy that the demotion worked for Cunningham, he needed a bit of luck with Jones getting hurt but he's been much improved since replacing him. Seems to be more intent and hungry to be a link in the chain and he's been taking some solid intercept marks as well. Him and Lloyd being deployed across HB certainly wasn't something I was expecting to see at this point of the year but both have worked.

Finals will be an enormous test for both of them though. Lloyd will be targeted relentlessly by good teams who try to drag him to the goal square and Cunningham will need to continue to have confidence in his own ability with the ball to take the game on and be constructive.

Well to be fair in the really big games our midfield has a history of going missing for large stretches of the game.

The exact same midfield that won Hawthorn four flags also couldn't get to a grand final between 09-11, and got pantsed by our midfield in 2012. Our boys could very well do it and are good enough to beat anybody

Malthouse does have a point about our midfield structure against hawthorn though. As a former coach I would have expected a bit more insight, but when we've lost to hawthorn it has been as if their mids and outside runners were perfectly positioned whereas our structures looked wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it but they appear to be perfectly structured to beat us.

It's as if we're too compressed in the midfield which gives them an advantage if they spread the ball quickly, which is one of their strengths.

In saying that, our midfield has not been this dominant in a long time, so I'd expect them to do the job against hawthorn.

Barrett: "... the planets are aligning yet again for the Swans to swoop in an even season. Is it 2012 all over again?"

Where does he get off implying we are favourites in the most competitive year I can remember due to the "planets aligning"? He also casually dismisses us beating a four-time premiership team in the grand final.

He should be lining up at centrelink not being good money for this ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett: "... the planets are aligning yet again for the Swans to swoop in an even season. Is it 2012 all over again?"

Where does he get off implying we are favourites in the most competitive year I can remember due to the "planets aligning"? He also casually dismisses us beating a four-time premiership team in the grand final.

Also still punting that Sinclair is best 22 atm. Not sure he's watched the elf lord's last couple of games at all:huh: Naismith clearly ahead on form.

I actually agree with him in our planets are aligning, in a manner of speaking.

Arguably best 22 now on the park (aside from Jack today), key players in form at the right time of year, kids have been tested and have so far shown resolve, have proven ability to travel and have a game style that stands up to the pressures of finals footy.

We deserve the favourites tag and if we are primed we should beat North today by 40 or 50.

I actually agree with him in our planets are aligning, in a manner of speaking.

Arguably best 22 now on the park (aside from Jack today), key players in form at the right time of year, kids have been tested and have so far shown resolve, have proven ability to travel and have a game style that stands up to the pressures of finals footy.

We deserve the favourites tag and if we are primed we should beat North today by 40 or 50.

Direct contradiction there though because we have made this best 22 ourself. Six weeks ago Naismith and Aliir and XR were not best 22. At the start of the year, Mills and Hewett and Papley weren't best 22. So if everything has gone right, it's because we've made our success.

Direct contradiction there though because we have made this best 22 ourself. Six weeks ago Naismith and Aliir and XR were not best 22. At the start of the year, Mills and Hewett and Papley weren't best 22. So if everything has gone right, it's because we've made our success.

I don't disagree with that at all, didn't mean to imply otherwise!

What has happened to this year would be close to unprecedented, especially if we manage to get ourselves a flag.

Lots of kudos to everyone at the club!

Surely winning in an even year makes us a better team..

Went and listened to him speak a few weeks back. It's not that he doesn't like us, he envies us (his words). Tipped us to play off for the flag

What was he like

I dont mind him talking footy over the years as a guest on shows etc, on the recruit/as carlton coach he has seemed off the ball a bit

What was he like

I dont mind him talking footy over the years as a guest on shows etc, on the recruit/as carlton coach he has seemed off the ball a bit
At the start of 2012 he said we couldn't win it cause we were too slow, after jetta dispelled that myth he changed it to say we couldn't win cause our inside mids were to slow. Cut a long story short who cares what this old fossil from the 90s thinks, a better bounce to Stephen Milne and his thoughts would be completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back