News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of 2012 he said we couldn't win it cause we were too slow, after jetta dispelled that myth he changed it to say we couldn't win cause our inside mids were to slow. Cut a long story short who cares what this old fossil from the 90s thinks, a better bounce to Stephen Milne and his thoughts would be completely irrelevant.

He can think what he wants
I dont mind it as long as they are consistent
The media who jump on and off annoy me

Barrett: "... the planets are aligning yet again for the Swans to swoop in an even season. Is it 2012 all over again?"

Where does he get off implying we are favourites in the most competitive year I can remember due to the "planets aligning"? He also casually dismisses us beating a four-time premiership team in the grand final.

He should be lining up at centrelink not being good money for this ****

Barrett is an absolute slimebag. His distaste for the club comes through in everything he writes.

Planets aligning? most reasonable media personalities talk about how impressed they are with the development of our younger players, our hard working midfield or how well our defence is standing up after being written off at the start of the season, but this flog suggests the planets are aligning.

And the fact he suggested sinclare coming back from injury means he's back in the side just shows how little he knows about us. Don't write a weekly column if you have no idea what you're talking about. stick to digging through trash cans for your next story.

who seriously associates themselves with this guy?

Malthouse does have a point about our midfield structure against hawthorn though. As a former coach I would have expected a bit more insight, but when we've lost to hawthorn it has been as if their mids and outside runners were perfectly positioned whereas our structures looked wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it but they appear to be perfectly structured to beat us.

It's as if we're too compressed in the midfield which gives them an advantage if they spread the ball quickly, which is one of their strengths.

In saying that, our midfield has not been this dominant in a long time, so I'd expect them to do the job against hawthorn.
i.e. We need outside mids?

Let's keep this thread to footy talk guys. I've moved the political stuff to the BSB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing about benny is you know he'll take his chances in front of goal, he doesn't waste too many. It's just been his ability to pressure, article says it all really.

Must be tough getting dropped in the latter stages of your career, particularly with 2012 & 14 in the back of your mind.

Will be interesting to see if there's any chance of a contract extension. I just hope he gets the premiership this time around and leaves the game with a sense of fulfillment.

One thing about benny is you know he'll take his chances in front of goal, he doesn't waste too many. It's just been his ability to pressure, article says it all really.

Must be tough getting dropped in the latter stages of your career, particularly with 2012 & 14 in the back of your mind.

Will be interesting to see if there's any chance of a contract extension. I just hope he gets the premiership this time around and leaves the game with a sense of fulfillment.

I'm still not sold on him. That was a very poor pressure game against witches hats the other night. I really hope he has hit form because there will be tears if he struggles to keep up with GWS players.

One thing about benny is you know he'll take his chances in front of goal, he doesn't waste too many.....

Really??

I don't mind him and have no strong opinion on whether he should be in the side or not, but last Saturday aside I've always thought of him as a butcher when running into goal..

Barrett: "... the planets are aligning yet again for the Swans to swoop in an even season. Is it 2012 all over again?"

Where does he get off implying we are favourites in the most competitive year I can remember due to the "planets aligning"? He also casually dismisses us beating a four-time premiership team in the grand final.

He should be lining up at centrelink not being good money for this ****
Never read the garbage that is "sliding doors" I take it

David King was praising Naismith last night OTC. Says he could become one of the best ruckmen in the league.

RIP his career.

Ha!

I actually believe him, though. His tap work is a revelation. We've had such a grafting ruck division for so many years it's a shock having a dominant ruck.

If Naismith could just improve his marking around the ground he'd be the in-form ruckman of the finals. But alas, blokes like Lobb and Smith from Geelong are clunking them all over the place.

No need to clunk. Just start ten pin bowling some packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back