News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So for what reason/s we’re Melican, Grundy, Rampe, Mills and Jones noticed? Certainly not for playing poor?

Went noticed for different reasons.

Mill's, Jones and Rampe all get noticed for their rebound.

Grundy and Rampe get noticed for their one on one work.

Melican, Mills and Rampe all get noticed for intercept marks.

Smith isn't the type of player to do the above, instead he quietly locks a player away by making sure he can't impact the contest (This is done by subtle blocks, holds and by sticking to his man like a 20 year old women dating an 80 year old man for his inheritance money).

If I recall correctly Nick Smith also had a very high victorious one on one % this year.

Went noticed for different reasons.

Mill's, Jones and Rampe all get noticed for their rebound.

Grundy and Rampe get noticed for their one on one work.

Melican, Mills and Rampe all get noticed for intercept marks.

Smith isn't the type of player to do the above, instead he quietly locks a player away by making sure he can't impact the contest (This is done by subtle blocks, holds and by sticking to his man like a 20 year old women dating an 80 year old man for his inheritance money).

If I recall correctly Nick Smith also had a very high victorious one on one % this year.
I’d like you to show me those stats because he was ordinary (which was disappointing).

I’d like you to show me those stats because he was ordinary (which was disappointing).

You don't look at Smith's stats to see if he's done a good job. You look at his opponent's stats.
Apart from the first 6 rounds where we were without the experience of Rampe & our midfield group were failing to run out full games & help out down back, his season was solid, though not one of his best. He is an important piece of the best defence all season.

Josh Kennedy was down on previous seasons too, including a poor final against Geelong.
It happens.

You don't look at Smith's stats to see if he's done a good job. You look at his opponent's stats.
Apart from the first 6 rounds where we were without the experience of Rampe & our midfield group were failing to run out full games & help out down back, his season was solid, though not one of his best. He is an important piece of the best defence all season.

Josh Kennedy was down on previous seasons too, including a poor final against Geelong.
It happens.
Surely by now you realize I don’t give a * about stats? Now, you should also know that just because Smith had quiet day, doesn’t mean he did his job and kept his opponent quiet. Maybe the ball didn’t go near either of them? Happened to me quite a lot when I played. I didn’t nullify him and vice versa. He made a lot of mistakes including miskicks and gettting caught because he was too slow.

I never said to drop him, if you want to go back and have a look, but he’s on thin ice. Definitely no spring chicken and definitely in the same mound as Laidler and ROK...it happens whether you like it or not!

Smith has always been slow but he's always found a way around it. By his lofty standards it has been a poor season but he's still more than serviceable but Mick is right, should Smith slip further he'll get dropped pretty quickly. He doesn't supply any rebound to the team, his sole role is to shut down the opp small forward. Without that he is cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely by now you realize I don’t give a **** about stats? Now, you should also know that just because Smith had quiet day, doesn’t mean he did his job and kept his opponent quiet. Maybe the ball didn’t go near either of them? Happened to me quite a lot when I played. I didn’t nullify him and vice versa. He made a lot of mistakes including miskicks and gettting caught because he was too slow.

I never said to drop him, if you want to go back and have a look, but he’s on thin ice. Definitely no spring chicken and definitely in the same mound as Laidler and ROK...it happens whether you like it or not!

Time catches up with us all.
It sorts itself out.

Pepper Powell is a gun , strong big body mid that can kick
Would work well with jpk

Spewing we took florent
Florent will work out ok. Has footy smarts, grit, and skills. We will give him the body, and good to go in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back