News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think this is letting Horse and the playing group off way too easily. We should have won at least one more flag since 2013 to 2017, maybe even 2, we had the list for it, but the coach and the team continually fail at the last or second last hurdle.
Not disputing that really, more of the mindset we learn from those failures & focus completely & totally on 2018 & not use any enegry at all looking at the past.

The game & opposition has changed from 2014 & 2016. We need to be ahead of the curve as we've constantly been the past 10-15 years. You don't achieve that by looking backwards IMO.

Look at why we failed sure, but learn, adapt, plan for it & move on as quickly as possible. We have new game plans, new structures, new players & new coaches to adapt to (both internally & externally). I just hope the club can wipe 2014 & 2016 from their minds completely. Don't devote any energy to it & focus on the now.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not disputing that really, more of the mindset we learn from those failures & focus completely & totally on 2018 & not use any enegry at all looking at the past.

The game & opposition has changed from 2014 & 2016. We need to be ahead of the curve as we've constantly been the past 10-15 years. You don't achieve that by looking backwards IMO.

Look at why we failed sure, but learn, adapt, plan for it & move on as quickly as possible. We have new game plans, new structures, new players & new coaches to adapt to (both internally & externally). I just hope the club can wipe 2014 & 2016 from their minds completely. Don't devote any energy to it & focus on the now.

Except we need to look at the past to learn from the failures, and it is something the Swans don't seem to do as we simply let Geelong do to us what Hawthorn had done the previous 2 times. Horse and the playing group seemed to learn nothing from how Hawthorn beat us.

Except we need to look at the past to learn from the failures, and it is something the Swans don't seem to do as we simply let Geelong do to us what Hawthorn had done the previous 2 times. Horse and the playing group seemed to learn nothing from how Hawthorn beat us.
Yep. Don't disagree. In fact, I did mention that point about learning. However I'd like an emphasis on moving forward & being ahead of the curve with regards to how the game evolves etc.

It's a fine balance though isn't it? Between focusing on past failures & future potentialities.

I'm a big believer in a regular SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats - for those who may not know). I hope, when considering our past failures, we frame them with regards to the game/team etc today & tomorrow. Things change. What may have been vital in 2016 perhaps isn't so much of an issue now etc.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
What the??? Who's replacing him anyone know?
Nothing announced replacement wise.
Not sure the club even tweeted he’d left.
This brings us up to two important roles currently vacant, with Tom Harley moving to CEO at the end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Nothing announced replacement wise.
Not sure the club even tweeted he’d left.
This brings us up to two important roles currently vacant, with Tom Harley moving to CEO at the end of this year.
As I get older it becomes blindingly obvious that everyone is replaceable and the world keeps spinning no matter what

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I think we got beaten at the selection table same as in 2014 & 16. We did not play a tall back to help Reg. That was a monumental mistake

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

work harder.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back