News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to ask the coach....

Horse says we have a Plan B and tried a few different things against Geelong that didnt work and he said we need to get back to our defensive best at the start of the year.... not round 7

Nick Smith is saying we need to be more offensive.

My best guess is nothing will change. Scum will beat is twice. Richmond will flog us at the G and we will either be embarresed in a GF or lose a semi final and all after finishing in the top 3.

We dont have a Plan B. Horse is a mess.

Horse says we have a Plan B and tried a few different things against Geelong that didnt work and he said we need to get back to our defensive best at the start of the year.... not round 7

Mixed messages ftw.

My best guess is nothing will change. Scum will beat is twice. Richmond will flog us at the G and we will either be embarresed in a GF or lose a semi final and all after finishing in the top 3.

Harsh but accurate assessment there mate

Mixed messages ftw.
It's not what Nick said. Nick said we want to remain as the best defensive team in the comp and offence is where we can improve and should probably be a focus. There's nothing mixed about it. I can walk and eat and sandwich at the same time, just as we can be the best defensive team and still work on our offence

What the coach and players say in public is probably different behind closed doors just a feeling i have, also that Geelong game i wish people would stop using that game as a measuring tool where "Horse has no plan b" nothing would of worked in that game no plan because we had no energy out there.

Not sure all the doom and gloom we were the only team to beat all the top 4 away from home and we dont have the luxury of playing GF's at our home ground.

Not sure all the doom and gloom we were the only team to beat all the top 4 away from home and we dont have the luxury of playing GF's at our home ground.

Exactly right. If this was a true professional league we would’ve won in 2016 at the SCG. We still would have lost the 2014 final, we were just s**t that day.

Unfortunately AFL is still in prehistoric times and still essentially the VFL with some other teams allowed to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly right. If this was a true professional league we would’ve won in 2016 at the SCG. We still would have lost the 2014 final, we were just s**t that day.

Unfortunately AFL is still in prehistoric times and still essentially the VFL with some other teams allowed to play.

It's all about the making sure the foundation clubs are nurtured.
It's just the right thing to do....................you know...............the heart & soul of the game right here in Victoria.:rolleyes:

The umpiring in the 2016 Grand Final still makes me angry, and it was something that the media barely mentioned even though it played a huge role in the result of the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL.com.au is not suggesting either of those clubs dobbed the Magpies in to the AFL.

I read that as "We're not suggesting it, but we are suggesting it".

Maybe it's old news but it just flashed up that Natanui is ripe to go for round 1.

Not to hurry anyone up but errr.....have we found a ruckman yet ? *

* Seriously. WC could really hurt us if they dominate the clearances. They have a very good forward line.

Last edited:
The umpiring in the 2016 Grand Final still makes me angry, and it was something that the media barely mentioned even though it played a huge role in the result of the match.
And for those that doubt, the proof is in how far the Doggies game fell away in 2017 (once they stopped being the flavor of the umps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back