News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I particularly like this sentence "McLachlan feels an all-Sydney grand final between the Swans and Giants could happen this season".
Maybe this will be the fairytale this year!

The AFL's new equalisation policy: "You get a fairytale this year. He gets a fairytale next year. Everyone gets a fairytale!"

I particularly like this sentence "McLachlan feels an all-Sydney grand final between the Swans and Giants could happen this season".

Fairytales miraculously appear by decree in this League.

The fairytale for the afl would be GWS beating the Swans in the gf, we get shafted

The fairytale for the afl would be GWS beating the Swans in the gf, we get shafted

I think they'd actually rather us win a flag before the Giants do, to delay the inevitable shitstorm that would result if a team that was given so many draft concessions won a flag. Since the trade ban, we've lost a number of players due to salary cap pressures so a Swans win might actually be more palatable and relieve some political pressure. Plus the Sydney market is still very important to the AFL.

I think they'd actually rather us win a flag before the Giants do, to delay the inevitable shitstorm that would result if a team that was given so many draft concessions won a flag. Since the trade ban, we've lost a number of players due to salary cap pressures so a Swans win might actually be more palatable and relieve some political pressure. Plus the Sydney market is still very important to the AFL.
They would want a surge in GWS membership, merch etc as well as increase tv ratings for GWS games. A premiership will do that.

I just can't take anything they say at face value.

"We will come out the gates firing in round one after 0-6 last year" > come out rusty as s**t and almost lose the game in the fourth quarter.
"We'll learn from the 2014 GF and we'll redeem ourselves > come out in the 2016 GF and perform *almost* as poorly.
"We're not feeling the effects of 0-6 and we can go all the way this finals series" > come out in the second of four finals matches and capitulate.

Am I to interpret "We want opposition teams to fear the SCG" as "get ready for us to go 5-6 at home this year" ?? :eek:

They would want a surge in GWS membership, merch etc as well as increase tv ratings for GWS games. A premiership will do that.

True, but I think they would ultimately prefer us to do well. To many, we are still the face of the code in Sydney. We're not the AFL's love children, but they definitely have a vested interest in our success.

I just can't take anything they say at face value.

"We will come out the gates firing in round one after 0-6 last year" > come out rusty as s**t and almost lose the game in the fourth quarter.
"We'll learn from the 2014 GF and we'll redeem ourselves > come out in the 2016 GF and perform *almost* as poorly.
"We're not feeling the effects of 0-6 and we can go all the way this finals series" > come out in the second of four finals matches and capitulate.

Am I to interpret "We want opposition teams to fear the SCG" as "get ready for us to go 5-6 at home this year" ?? :eek:
Sorry which game did you watch last week? Playing a team away from home, who were eliminated from the finals the same week as us in 2017, and we won by 5 goals. Rusty as s**t? I call it a solid win.

Sorry which game did you watch last week? Playing a team away from home, who were eliminated from the finals the same week as us in 2017, and we won by 5 goals. Rusty as s**t? I call it a solid win.

Solid win but we were rusty no doubt. Not saying it wasn’t a good win we could just play much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve listened to the first 2 episodes of the Superfooty podcast this year. Unless I’m mistaken the swans have not been mentioned once. Laughable.
For flag favourites we don't get a heap of airtime huh?

I'm happy flying under the radar again though.

Gives Parker a roast about his record at the MCG and us as a team

Longmire and the same brand

Agree with everything he says

I’m curious... which interstate players can you direct me to that do have great records at the MCG? You give Hawthorn and their players a lot of praise for how they’ve played in big games, but about 95% of those big games are on the MCG which is their home ground. And you love Dustin Martin, but again, he barely leaves the MCG.

Most interstate blokes are lucky if they play at the MCG more than twice a year, if that. Then you’re surprised when their Victorian opponent that plays the MCG every second week performs better than them?

I’m curious... which interstate players can you direct me to that do have great records at the MCG? You give Hawthorn and their players a lot of praise for how they’ve played in big games, but about 95% of those big games are on the MCG which is their home ground. And you love Dustin Martin, but again, he barely leaves the MCG.

Most interstate blokes are lucky if they play at the MCG more than twice a year, if that. Then you’re surprised when their Victorian opponent that plays the MCG every second week performs better than them?
You would have to go back to the Lions during the Voss and co period where players from outside of Vic dominated at the MCG on a regular basis.

Every second week? Richmond play at the MCG 14 times this year. Ironically when we play them it’s Etihad. Equalisation in full flight.

Don’t defend Parker issue in big games at the G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back