News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all just speculation and rubbish. It happens in most if not all games, that the runners hang out there and wait while there message target is involved in the play, or get stuck out there for a while and can't get back. It's just another fluff piece based on nothing after a very close game.

This is all just speculation and rubbish. It happens in most if not all games, that the runners hang out there and wait while there message target is involved in the play, or get stuck out there for a while and can't get back. It's just another fluff piece based on nothing after a very close game.

Norf sooking via David Sooky King

Norf sooking via David Sooky King
I don't know really... did he start all this? Or is he just hopping on the train to his opinion... Either way really, he is just after an ego boost cause he must know the situation as well as we do.

Very poor decision by the club

No doubt he is guarding space in a way

Pretty poor and now on show fir it
He was just trying to even up the numbers, we were still outnumbered though...;)

Very poor decision by the club

No doubt he is guarding space in a way

Pretty poor and now on show fir it
Poor decision by the club or poor decision by Laidler? Who cares if the club gets fined, it’s not coming out of your pocket or mine!

The AFL are looking into runners anyway, maybe this will confirm their deletion from the game? Move on.

He wasn’t complaining when he decided to shove his legs into Craig O’Brien’s face in the 1996 Grand Final...ultimately turned the game! He’s an utter hypocrite!
Notice the prick doesn't button up his jacket anymore , they don't want a player shot when his gut fires off a button.

Agree mate. I’m sure we’re not the only club that’s done it, and it least it doesn’t look like he’s guarding space the alway Clarko used to use the runner for, but it’s not within the spirit of the game imo. Just ban them completely.

The AFL wanted to change the rules so that runners could only come on to deliver messages after goals had been scored if they were off - or making their way off - the ground by the time play restarted, but the coaches (unsurprisingly) said no. Ironically it's actually one of the most common sense rule changes the AFL has proposed in years, I would support it if they went ahead with it.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/run-free-no-restrictions-on-runners-this-year

Stupid by the club if that was deliberate
It's done by every single club & has been a known tactic, just like the blocking Clarko raised when he realised we were good at it now,.
We won & we weren't supposed to against the odds so they now need to find another way to discredit our very good win.
Get used to it & stick up for your club a little more because we have been cheated out of a premiership by the victorian biased competition. Go harder on our enemies. That's how we improve our club.
You hear that SF51? Don't direct your displeasure at our club. That's being taken care of by the VFL.

No issues with a runner being on the ground getting a message out, my a** he was guarding space. Pretty sure when we were a kick down in the last few minutes I seen two umpires drop back into Norths defensive but who can blame them anyway with a 19-9 free kick count they must have been getting paid well by someone. Oh might as well give Kennedy a $20,000 fine for when he was on the bench telling the players there was 10 seconds to go while they’re at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single club would use runners to fill space and you're completely naive if you don't think that's the case.

AFL should just get rid of runners entirely. If you want to deliver a message send it out with a player.
When I played, we would be relayed the message via a good spray at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 time! The post game spray was the one that stood out as you sucked on a dart and refreshed on a stubby while reflecting on the night before and how you managed to play so well that day!

Every single club would use runners to fill space and you're completely naive if you don't think that's the case.

AFL should just get rid of runners entirely. If you want to deliver a message send it out with a player.
It's often the less experienced teams that are guilty of runners being on the ground too long.

Well what do you know? We had one of the least experienced teams on the park on Sunday. Laidler perhaps stayed out tgere a little too long. Been accepted for years because the less experienced teams often lose.
Not on Sunday we didn't. Suffer Roos. No video review to save you this time.
Roos had the 3 umpires out there blocking our space & run all day so f. . K em.

Last edited:
The club's explanation:

Laidler, the former Carlton and Sydney defender, came onto the ground with 93 seconds left in Sunday's dramatic six-point win over the Kangaroos at Etihad Stadium.

"He had a small window with 43 seconds to get off the ground, when the play was between him and the interchange bench, he didn't take it," Longmire said.

""He missed that opportunity as a lot of people make mistakes or miss opportunities, whether it's free kicks or decisions missed.

"... there was absolutely no indication of him deliberately blocking space, or manning up players, that's just absolutely incorrect."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/swans-deny-runner-manned-up-on-kangaroos-20180717-p4zrww.html

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-17/swans-get-please-explain-from-afl-over-runner

"We've issued a letter. In fairness to Jeremy, it's unfair that he's actually been highlighted to the level he has been. We could probably send out 18 (letters) a weekend," Hocking said.
"I don't think what we saw is within the spirit of the game," Hocking said of Laidler's actions.

"But I could give you another 17 examples from the weekend (in which) that would be the case."

So bloody send another 17 please explains out you turd.
19 frees to 9.
PLEASE EXPLAIN that one idiots.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-17/swans-get-please-explain-from-afl-over-runner

"We've issued a letter. In fairness to Jeremy, it's unfair that he's actually been highlighted to the level he has been. We could probably send out 18 (letters) a weekend," Hocking said.
"I don't think what we saw is within the spirit of the game," Hocking said of Laidler's actions.

"But I could give you another 17 examples from the weekend (in which) that would be the case."

So bloody send another 17 please explains out you turd.
19 frees to 9.
PLEASE EXPLAIN that one idiots.

So it's not fair to Jeremy that they send a letter of explanation but they do it anyway to appease the media outcry. Integrity 101.:thumbsu:

Well hella-*******-lujah, we made a point of highlighting the umpiring. Let us see if we get a good count over the next three weeks like the other whingers always do.

As others have said, the statement from Hocking is pathetic. Unfair to target one, everyone does it, so we targeted the one..... makes you wonder if these *******s actually listen to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back