News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called a f###### inference. If you don't know what that means i suggest you try to avoid witness boxes
You inferred, I didn’t imply! Read TheMase’s original post that I was replying to where he references Academy boys. I was merely saying that Academy boys also have ‘natural talent’. That’s all, at no stage did that then justify some bizarre inference that we should pull up the drawbridge and lock out anyone from overseas. Personally I don’t give a toss where someone comes from as long as they play good football.

Australian football is played all over the world actually. Its called Aussie rules because of its origins not its future

I see it as aussie rules because it’s an aussie sport played in Australia played by Australians. Maybe I’m old fashioned and a traditionalist, but I’d rather it stay that way. I like that the sport itself is played around the world, that’s a great thing, but the AFL competition should be for Australians living in Australia. Just my personal preference

You inferred, I didn’t imply! Read TheMase’s original post that I was replying to where he references Academy boys. I was merely saying that Academy boys also have ‘natural talent’. That’s all, at no stage did that then justify some bizarre inference that we should pull up the drawbridge and lock out anyone from overseas. Personally I don’t give a toss where someone comes from as long as they play good football.
Good we are in agreement. The inference was drawn from the use f the word "luckily". Inferred a preference. Silly old me then?

Welcome to our co-captains
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-12-14/swans-appoint-cocaptains
18333%20-%20Co-Captains%201200x628.jpg

Just popped up on my FB...interesting! They must’ve felt (either the club or Kennedy himself) that he needed help?

Makes a lot of sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-12-13/sydney-swans-post-profit-

The Sydney Swans have reported a net operating profit of $520,509 for the year ending on October 31, 2018, with net assets of $2,711,514.
That's surely our best profit yet... isn't it? I seem to remember something like $50K from last year... :think: If that's right, then the Swans forward planning is sensational!!!

Edit: Sorry Ticky009, didn't read far enough before posting... :rolleyes: Still, it's a great jump and my sentiments remain the same!

Last edited:
Just popped up on my FB...interesting! They must’ve felt (either the club or Kennedy himself) that he needed help?
Or they might have felt that both Ramps and Parker and/or the team would benefit from a couple of years as co-captains before Kennedy steps down/retires. He (Kennedy [30]) surely must be running out of time... although having said that, Rampe is 28.

It may just have been that they felt that four was too many for co-captaincy, and with Hanners departure they felt it was the ideal time to return to co-captains rather than vice.

That's surely our best profit yet... isn't it? I seem to remember something like $50K from last year... :think: If that's right, then the Swans forward planning is sensational!!!

Edit: Sorry Ticky009, didn't read far enough before posting... :rolleyes: Still, it's a great jump and my sentiments remain the same!

It’s our best for a number of years. Had a quick look.

2018 520k
2017 105k
2016 53k
2015 300k
2014 846k
2013 646k
2012 200k
2011 115k
2010 -550k

So our 8 consecutive years of profit add up to around $2.79m

Is there a case for the Bloods to invest with the Spiv and Vic governments in their own grounds? I love the SCG but more for cricket. As a stadium it will always be limited in terms of ground dimensions.

The long term security of the Club in Spiv Central would be advanced by having their own ground.

I also wonder whether there would be an advantage in the Bloods renewing their historic partnership with PMFC. North Port Oval is well located. PMFC is an icon of footy.

A redeveloped North Port Oval to a 50K state of the art capacity ground where both Clubs are joint owners would secure the economic futures of both Clubs. PMFC would retain a 51% share. The ground could be used for away Bloods fixtures on Friday or Saturday and Borough home games or VFL match of the round games on Sunday.

Flow over AFL games could be played there. All VFL finals would be played there. In summer Tower of BBL games could be played there. The ground could also be designed for concerts and other money making enterprises.

Is there a case for the Bloods to invest with the Spiv and Vic governments in their own grounds? I love the SCG but more for cricket. As a stadium it will always be limited in terms of ground dimensions.

The long term security of the Club in Spiv Central would be advanced by having their own ground.

I also wonder whether there would be an advantage in the Bloods renewing their historic partnership with PMFC. North Port Oval is well located. PMFC is an icon of footy.

A redeveloped North Port Oval to a 50K state of the art capacity ground where both Clubs are joint owners would secure the economic futures of both Clubs. PMFC would retain a 51% share. The ground could be used for away Bloods fixtures on Friday or Saturday and Borough home games or VFL match of the round games on Sunday.

Flow over AFL games could be played there. All VFL finals would be played there. In summer Tower of BBL games could be played there. The ground could also be designed for concerts and other money making enterprises.
What is spiv? I can only assume it's a derogatory term for Sydney/NSW. If so please stop, it really is completely unnecessary and also the home of the team you purport to be a fan of.
If not then please use terminology we all understand .

Stupid terminology aside, there is no case. The State Government wouldn't invest in a stadium that would take games away from the MCG and the AFL would do likewise in not giving up games from Docklands. They own that Stadium and control the fixture and would block matches from being played at NPO. The funding just wouldn't be there as a result and I can't see how you would redevelop NPO to 50k on its current site anyway.

As a club it the moves they are making in Sydney with the Hall of Industries and the Training Oval redevelopment will benefit us more than building a white elephant.

What is spiv? I can only assume it's a derogatory term for Sydney/NSW. If so please stop, it really is completely unnecessary and also the home of the team you purport to be a fan of.
If not then please use terminology we all understand .
I put him on ignore as it does my head in , he's worse on the cricket thread.

Still think the Club would be better with some capital investments in grounds.

I like the idea of the Club being an economic power house. PMFC is a grand club and North Port Oval is a wonderful historic ground, beloved by Melbournians. EddieHead/Marvel Not is disliked by all locals here.

I would like us to have a ground we own or have equity in Sydney. As I said earlier I am very fond of the SCG which is terrific boutique cricket ground but limited for AFL.

btw get a grip J. Spivs is a fond nick name for Sydneysiders.

Do not understand why my original post made some cross. I want our mob to have a strong base that we own in NSW. Being a tenant makes us vulnernable and Id prefer to guard against that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back