News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gulden & Campbell training with the club next week as part of the AFL academy program

Twomey assessment of Sydney draft. And yet somehow manages to miss our 4th player in Chad Warner. Nice one, Cal!

A little ember for Chad to hold onto when he makes it into best 22 I think

Twomey assessment of Sydney draft. And yet somehow manages to miss our 4th player in Chad Warner. Nice one, Cal!

A little ember for Chad to hold onto when he makes it into best 22 I think
Im not one for conspiracy theories.. but the evidence continues to stack up - The AFL media doesn't like or give a crap about the swans

Im not one for conspiracy theories.. but the evidence continues to stack up - The AFL media doesn't like or give a crap about the swans
The fact AFL media in NSW is practically nonexistent is our biggest issue. This means we’re reliant on AFL media based in Vic, who concentrate mainly on their own state teams.

A better comparison should SA&WA both with 2 teams like us, here however the media covers their AFL teams to saturation. I’m not advocating this type of insanity in coverage but where the NSW print media don’t even acknowledge the upcoming draft the bar to improve is low.

Don't share this, some people on this board can't stand the fact that the Swans Facebook and Twitter pages share images of him a few days a week!

Seriously though it's great news in regards to his fitness.

Don't share this, some people on this board can't stand the fact that the Swans Facebook and Twitter pages share images of him a few days a week!

Seriously though it's great news in regards to his fitness.
In all honesty, as a crazy passionate Swans fan, I get far more excited for next season by reading healthy and fit Buddy related articles than any other news they could possibly issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly reassuring that he won't be looking for a trade again at the end of next year.

"While Papley is adamant that he's committed to the Swans for 2020, there are still plenty of question marks about his future at the club beyond next year.
"I haven't thought about it at all to be honest, I'm just taking it day by day," he said."

See ya Paps!

"While Papley is adamant that he's committed to the Swans for 2020, there are still plenty of question marks about his future at the club beyond next year.
"I haven't thought about it at all to be honest, I'm just taking it day by day," he said."

See ya Paps!

Which is why I was a fan of trading him out this year as it sounds like he is gone anyway and I would much rather be trying to find his replacement in 2020 than in 2021.

Which is why I was a fan of trading him out this year as it sounds like he is gone anyway and I would much rather be trying to find his replacement in 2020 than in 2021.
Unfortunately we just couldn't get it done. Blame Dorodo & Carltank for that. I commend Paps & our club on how we seemed to handle it & hopefully we continue to handle it as professionally over the next year or so.

If Carlton had coughed up pick 9 in a straight swap for him, I'd have done it. But them asking for pick 25 in return was just insulting.

No make him look his team mates in the eye every week before he runs out & for them to see how fairdinkum he is & then send him to one of the most miserable clubs, from top to bottom, of the last 30 cheating years, when it comes to l;ooking after their own people.

Paps needs to be careful what he wishes for picking that mob but there will be a mate waiting there for him in Newman who is a perfect fit for that club.

No make him look his team mates in the eye every week before he runs out & for them to see how fairdinkum he is & then send him to one of the most miserable clubs, from top to bottom, of the last 30 cheating years, when it comes to l;ooking after their own people.

Paps needs to be careful what he wishes for picking that mob but there will be a mate waiting there for him in Newman who is a perfect fit for that club.

I don't have a problem with him wanting to go home. The Swans have benefitted plenty in the last 20 years to players who want to move out of the fishbowl of Melbourne so I am not going to do a Taylor Walker and start abusing Swans players who want to go the other direction.

Bit OTT here, Ted. I think he was leaving for pretty serious reasons. Seems to love the club.

"Papley told AFL.com.au that his reasons for the trade request will remain private, but it was a gut-wrenching time.

"I was struggling a little bit with some family stuff, which I don't really need to go into," he said."

I don't have a problem with him wanting to go home. The Swans have benefitted plenty in the last 20 years to players who want to move out of the fishbowl of Melbourne so I am not going to do a Taylor Walker and start abusing Swans players who want to go the other direction.
ESPECIALLY a player who gives his all every week and made it clear he was happy to stay if a trade couldn't be facilitated.

Bit OTT here, Ted. I think he was leaving for pretty serious reasons. Seems to love the club.

"Papley told AFL.com.au that his reasons for the trade request will remain private, but it was a gut-wrenching time.

"I was struggling a little bit with some family stuff, which I don't really need to go into," he said."
and yet he nominated a club....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back