News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think he'll slot right in for Hanners. Everything you read about him talks about work rate and effort, and slightly average kicking, which just screams inside midfielder who also does enough gut running to get the ball in space as well.

Bear in mind North mostly used him as a defender, and you can imagine how Hannebery would have gone if we'd tried to use him as a running halfback...

Gee whiz that article is reaching referring to a hopeless running defender with no pace or skill as a "champion."
Was this tongue in cheek? Or is that really what you think?

Lloyd has skill, he just isn't asked to use it.

After McVeigh, he reads the play better than others but may not be asked to use this skill.

I expect there are a number on the list who Horse has put on skill by-pass.

Gee whiz that article is reaching referring to a hopeless running defender with no pace or skill as a "champion."
Well there you have it.
Another one joining those barracking against our club on here.
To go through the effort to come on here & post s**t like that for other supporters to read suggests you are fair weather.
Still waiting for you & friends to prove me wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there you have it.
Another one joining those barracking against our club on here.
To go through the effort to come on here & post s**t like that for other supporters to read suggests you are fair weather.
Still waiting for you & friends to prove me wrong.

Wake up Ted!!

So the kid flew for the ball, presumably didn't take a mark, threw the ball and ran around a lot. Played at full forward but didn't kick a goal??? Hope he is not being over hyped.

In fairness it was Blakey’s first taste of match sim for the pre-season, after a year where he didn’t get much footy together in 2018 due to injuries. I don’t think the club would’ve been looking for/expecting much more than just decent movement and some footy instincts on show, so what he was able to do obviously impressed them, or they would’ve made an article about someone else from the match sim.

In fairness it was Blakey’s first taste of match sim for the pre-season, after a year where he didn’t get much footy together in 2018 due to injuries. I don’t think the club would’ve been looking for/expecting much more than just decent movement and some footy instincts on show, so what he was able to do obviously impressed them, or they would’ve made an article about someone else from the match sim.
Yep...

The only over hyping is anyone unrealistically expecting any more than this...

I wasn't commenting on the kids performance. I was about the article which seemed breathless about not much.

Fair enough to a point. Though sometimes with players it isn’t necessarily what they do, it’s how they do it. (And it’s preseason when clubs have these kind of articles to get supporter optimism up and fill the void).

McCartin was a bit like that, wasn’t owning NEAFL level but it was his relentless attack on the ball and the way he hit the contest that made him so impressive. I (and a few others) said at the time that he would be able to translate what he was doing to AFL level.

Edit -added
It’s a lot about competitiveness. I did note that McInerney was noted for his competitiveness in a recent game sim. If he continues that he could well develop faster than many here expect (I really liked the limited vision we had of him).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back