News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offered big contracts on potential and to ward off other clubs. Definitely overpaid at present!
Heeney was offered > $1 million at North? so we had to offer a good contract extension

Heeney was offered > $1 million at North? so we had to offer a good contract extension
Could argue that he’s being overpaid too, although I suspect injury is holding him back on consistency. We must also remember that some players forego bigger $$$$ for longer contracts. 5 years in the system is better than 3.

Throwing a punch for the Swannies. Not condoning it and sorry to the injured bloke, etc.. but I respect the honest passion behind it.

The son of Australian movie star couple Judy Davis and Colin Friels has been found guilty of punching a tradie and fracturing his eye socket in a pub fight over the Sydney Swans football team.

Jack Friels, 31, jumped over a person to run towards a 36-year-old carpenter, punched him three times causing him to black out after “threats and insults were traded” because Friels had cheered on a Swans goal and the victim “didn’t like AFL”.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...s/news-story/df67e9ff5269cc22efb8f6bec9ae53c9

Throwing a punch for the Swannies. Not condoning it and sorry to the injured bloke, etc.. but I respect the honest passion behind it.

The son of Australian movie star couple Judy Davis and Colin Friels has been found guilty of punching a tradie and fracturing his eye socket in a pub fight over the Sydney Swans football team.

Jack Friels, 31, jumped over a person to run towards a 36-year-old carpenter, punched him three times causing him to black out after “threats and insults were traded” because Friels had cheered on a Swans goal and the victim “didn’t like AFL”.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...s/news-story/df67e9ff5269cc22efb8f6bec9ae53c9
I don't condone violence but certainly has a mitigation plea on sentencing for provocation

Only , doubt that

Mills , Reid?????
Not disagreeing with that but just stating that of all our players looking forward to the next 3 years, Buddy is the most over paid whennhe can’t get on the ground & when he does, he’s unable to train & be at his best.
Worth the money up until year 5 but now we go into overpaid mode IMO.
$1.5 M for the next few years.
Not sure why anyone would think that’s good value at this point in time.

Not disagreeing with that but just stating that of all our players looking forward to the next 3 years, Buddy is the most over paid whennhe can’t get on the ground & when he does, he’s unable to train & be at his best.
Wrong thread Ted

better value than the millions we paid for reids 6 goals

or tippett to sit on his arse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a surprising statement re Papley.

Papley has kicked five goals in three matches at the Cattery. Hayward's even better with six goals in only two matches. Buddy's got a return of two goals in as many matches at the ground in Swans colours. If Scott is smart (which I think he is) he would be having more concerns with those guys than he would with Buddy, who has never really troubled them at this ground.

We should try and get that guy Rohan, he seems to be doing well this year
We all knew he had talent so it's bloody brilliant to see him finally flourishing IMO. I'll always think of him as a Swan/Blood.

No matter what he says in the media (<--- N.b. me trying to make this post relevant to this media thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back