News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct im a fossil and had used 5 lol. Arseholes they are. Mick Oxlong can you help with the outline please
If you're using Google Chrome, just right click on the link and select "Open link in incognito window". Works for all "The Age" links. Note, this is just a picture, you'll need to select the link in Ticky's post.

incognito.png

Last paragraph...’the Daniel Menzel experiment hasn’t worked...’. Who is this utensil? The season runs for a further 11 rounds and it’s only his 2nd game...bigger flog than the guy on here who’s calling for him to be delisted (well, probably not)!

And Grundy retirement disappointing...what? It’s not like he planned it.

Last paragraph...’the Daniel Menzel experiment hasn’t worked’. Who is this utensil? The season runs for a further 11 rounds and it’s only his 2nd game...bigger flog than the guy on here who’s calling for him to be delisted (well, probably not)!
That Menzel comment is rubbish.

Did laugh at ‘Finals looks like it’s coming to an end’. Have we psyched them out so much to make the call we’re not gonna make it is left to the last minute?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well let's give the guy a chance. If he thinks he can have another crack at a pre season then I think he's earned the right to go again & be on our list in some form.

no he was paid for what he gave us quite well as a professional footballer, including now for missing a year

its a business

yep would be stupid

I suspect he might retire all things considered, but I wouldn't say it was stupid to give him one more year. He had missed very few games prior to this injury and didn't have a bad year last season imo.

Depends on how he's feeling. We're losing Grundy, McVeigh, and Jack almost certainly, I wouldn't be against keeping him around in the hope he comes good and at worst he's another experienced guy to have in the group.

Well let's give the guy a chance. If he thinks he can have another crack at a pre season then I think he's earned the right to go again & be on our list in some form.
Maybe your right as surely McVeigh has to , or be told to retire and I actually thought we were more direct when he went off. Back To Smith after that time off the game might have really passed him .

no he was paid for what he gave us quite well as a professional footballer, including now for missing a year

its a business
Yeah you are right about that but we don't really know how it will go down whether we agree or disagree.
Having said that, I had spoken to someone who knows him a few months back & it is unlikely.
I still think it will be up to him though.

Maybe your right as surely McVeigh has to , or be told to retire and I actually thought we were more direct when he went off. Back To Smith after that time off the game might have really passed him .
I think now that Lloyd has taken control of that distribution role down back we can move forward without Macca. To go the next step now we need to move forward with Macca in the coaches box & not on the ground. I'm pretty sure he knows that though. Smooch will too. If he still has the hunger he will put his hand up to go again IMO.

I think now that Lloyd has taken control of that distribution role down back we can move forward without Macca. To go the next step now we need to move forward with Macca in the coaches box & not on the ground. I'm pretty sure he knows that though. Smooch will too. If he still has the hunger he will put his hand up to go again IMO.
McVeigh if he wants to coach needs to start at another club , he only knows 2 voices.

menzel hasnt done a thing yet i guess, but saying it's failed seems odd

also given how we got him, he would have to burn a grandstand down, lose all our footys etc to be a fail

Menzel did some nice stuff last week. His delivery I50 was good and we was able to have some nice touches. He'll get better as the year gets longer. Barring a serious injury he will be around for a few more seasons

Poor Smooch.

Absolute champion at what he did best fir so many years. I hate seeing gun, integral footy players (& clubmen in particular) cut down by injury. I'd have loved to see him wind down his career playing solid, consistent footy like the majority of his career... But I'm with most... Too long out at such a late stage of his career. The timing is all against him. Just a sad situation for him & for the club IMO... He retires on an injury or he plays on & will likely struggle to even get a game IMO let alone have that impact he'd want. Just sad all round.

McVeigh if he wants to coach needs to start at another club , he only knows 2 voices.
Agree, but my guess is it is a done deal and with the departure of so many senior players they'll want him around the club. I only hope if does join our coaching ranks they make him start as a development coach where he can focus on the younger players. I actually think it'd be a better career move for him to go to another club, even GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back