News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We include Oriordan, Allir, Jones, Hewit and Heeney in our young group.. Those players make a difference.
If it was the best u24's rather than the best u23's, I reckon we'd be closer to the top

We include Oriordan, Allir, Jones, Hewit and Heeney in our young group.. Those players make a difference.
If it was the best u24's rather than the best u23's, I reckon we'd be closer to the top
Article was probably made that way deliberately

I skimmed a few other boards every fan group thinks they have the best youngsters just about or theirs are at least underrated

5th is generous for us that’s a fair assessment

How many 23 and under will be a graders over their career?

Blakey maybe/probably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I skimmed a few other boards every fan group thinks they have the best youngsters just about or theirs are at least underrated

5th is generous for us that’s a fair assessment

How many 23 and under will be a graders over their career?

Blakey maybe/probably

Agree. I think it is generous. How they prosper under Longmire is open to question. Blakey looks good, Hayward, Florent and Rowbottom have shown enough to suggest they are 100+ gamers.

The youngster I think has the biggest upside is McCartin. He is an excellent pack mark and has the smarts. Last year there were times when he was the one tall on the forward line and he shouldered the responsibility and was not disgraced. I would like him to settle in one position.

Dawson also has a ton of smarts but has been asked to pretty much play everywhere. He is already playing at a level considerably ahead of our under 23 year olds. Not certain how far we are from seeing him reach his optimum. Yes he will get better with experience and finally having the confidence of the coaches, however I don't expect him to be a champ, just a bloody good player.

Agree. I think it is generous. How they prosper under Longmire is open to question. Blakey looks good, Hayward, Florent and Rowbottom have shown enough to suggest they are 100+ gamers.

The youngster I think has the biggest upside is McCartin. He is an excellent pack mark and has the smarts. Last year there were times when he was the one tall on the forward line and he shouldered the responsibility and was not disgraced. I would like him to settle in one position.

Dawson also has a ton of smarts but has been asked to pretty much play everywhere. He is already playing at a level considerably ahead of our under 23 year olds. Not certain how far we are from seeing him reach his optimum. Yes he will get better with experience and finally having the confidence of the coaches, however I don't expect him to be a champ, just a bloody good player.
Yep agree.. I reckon (like you're description of Dawson) we've got 10-15 'bloody good young players' . Lets look to trade a couple of elite ones

yeah dawson could be a grade top 10-20 in comp

florent and co no, could be long term good clubmen of course

florent and co no, could be long term good clubmen of course

That's all we need them to be really. We never had the most talented list even in our premiership years.

That's all we need them to be really. We never had the most talented list even in our premiership years.

hey if you get 150-200 games from someone that's usually good

some exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back