News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tombomb

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He also said Dunks spills some stuff on why he had a falling out with the club.
Here are a few articles from over the years that may help shed some light on what he may say from how he saw things.

"Dunkley has not been back to the club since he retired in 2002 and chose not to attend his own induction into the Swans' Hall of Fame two years ago.
Although Dunkley attended the 2012 grand final to cheer on his former team, unlike his two sons - Josh and Kyle - he didn't go into the Swans' rooms after the game to share in the victory celebrations.
"I don't hate the place but I've moved on," Dunkley told The Daily Telegraph.
It is understood Dunkley's animosity towards the Swans stems from the decision by then coach Paul Roos to end his stellar career at the end of 2002 as part of a rebuilding process following the Rodney Eade era.

Asked if he had a problem with 16-year-old Josh going to the Swans under the father and son rule Dunkley said: "In a perfect world he'd get a Victorian club."

Thanks Dunks!
Has he really though?! As Mike mentioned this morning, he asks him why he didn't show up to his induction to the HOF.

Holding grudges and bitterness like that is really pointless, especially over whether or not you could have played another year at 35.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
For this
Don’t know how to use that outline or whatever it’s called

But according to an article in the Australian, Heeney has been carrying an ankle injury all year.

We just don’t learn.
For those who can
Heeney has opened up about playing injured this year with a torn ankle and how being known as a tough footballer means more to him than the stunning skill that has him in the mix to win the mark of the year for the second year running.
In ordinary circumstances, the 23-year-old would have been ruled out for slabs of this year with the ankle injury that has restricted him to leaping off just one leg.
But as the Swans have battled through an injury crisis, Heeney has suited up for every match so far and will once again lead the new generation of bloods against GWS today at Giants Stadium.

“I had a little tear in my ankle and it stops your agility and you try not to jump off that foot. It stops you from getting to your peak performance and whether that does affect you mentally — a lot of things come into play and you just try and put it behind you and control what you can control.”
Heeney is confident he won’t require surgery on his ankle or on any of his other bumps and bruises in the off-season.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
no crutches/plaster/sling/hospital bed
No curtains being brought out onto the ground, vet called and big bang.

Sure RobbieK he may not have a badly broken ankle, but he is possibly being jabbed up pre game and possibly half time. Twice have heard Heeney being described as limping in the pre game on ground warm up (ie the jabs had not fully kicked in).

I have no faith in our medico regime. Our recent record in cooking players may be the worst in the league. Few of our players return from serious injury. Many are forced to defer surgery and never get back to where they were.

Franklin, Jack, Tippett, Hanners, and prolly JPK are some of the higher profile players who have been parboiled or cooked to ash.

RobbieK

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Berlin
AFL Club
Sydney
No curtains being brought out onto the ground, vet called and big bang.

Sure RobbieK he may not have a badly broken ankle, but he is possibly being jabbed up pre game and possibly half time. Twice have heard Heeney being described as limping in the pre game on ground warm up (ie the jabs had not fully kicked in).

I have no faith in our medico regime. Our recent record in cooking players may be the worst in the league. Few of our players return from serious injury. Many are forced to defer surgery and never get back to where they were.

Franklin, Jack, Tippett, Hanners, and prolly JPK are some of the higher profile players who have been parboiled or cooked to ash.
This isn't surprising. You have no faith in the coaches, you have no faith in the club management, you have no faith in the doctors... is there any aspect of the club you have faith in?

The reality is that you do not have access to the kind of information you would need to make this judgment.

Heeney really didn't play like someone who has a major injury concern today.

GCB85

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I came here looking for the article about the AFL coming out and acknowledging the umpiring errors from yesterday like they did for the Victorian teams a few weeks ago. I thought I missed the article. Apparently, we are not worthy of an apology and official explanation.

Top Bottom