News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like RoCo. But I think he made a few blues in his analysis, not least having Florent outside the best 22. He gets some things right, not least the need to update the game plan and was almost apologetic in tipping a slide.

I dunno, they say our forwards are our weakness but we've improved there in the offseason. Gained a key forward (Reid), a forward who can kick 40 in a season (Menzel) and a few kids who can add a goal or two a game (Dawson & Blakey). All the while our very young forward line (McCartin, Hayward, Ronke & Papley) have all had another season under their belt. If that's what will pull us down our forward line has improved over the offseason

RoCo is usually one of the better ones out there but did he take acid when he wrote this? Anyone who has Ollie Florent and Zak Jones as emergencies for us is having a serious head-f**k!

Fast foward to next week and Horse makes Florent the emergency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

54206206_10156139479390976_953282190509080576_n.jpg

Three time Premiership Coach Mick Malthouse isn't too confident about the Sydney Swans finals prospects!

He says the bloods will struggle to win away from the SCG and too much is being expected of Callum Mills and Isaac Heeney.

Do you reckon he's off the mark? Or is this the year Sydney finally falls?

Three time Premiership Coach Mick Malthouse isn't too confident about the Sydney Swans finals prospects!

He says the bloods will struggle to win away from the SCG and too much is being expected of Callum Mills and Isaac Heeney.

I could get the argument about the Swans finishing outside the top 8. I would not agree with that argument but I could understand how a non-Swans fan could think that. I cannot however get the argument about us finishing in the bottom 4 as there is just no logic to that prediction at all.

Premiership is now confirmed

Premiership is now confirmed
I love the way old Mickey said we would struggle AWAY from the SCG - did he not notice that last year it was actually AT the SCG that we struggled and had we performed at home anywhere near as well as we performed away, that we would have been top 4?

If Parker was AFL CEO for one day he would bring back COLA for Sydney.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-16/if-i-was-afl-ceo-the-captains-give-gill-some-advice

I think I am at the point I would rather be without it in its previous form.

Currently I believe there is a rental allowance of some descript which would cover the issues with our younger players cost of living. We then have the academy producing some good players who perhaps over time we will get for slight unders due to less willing to relocate away from home.

It would just be used to discredit our success anyway so I’d rather we just moved on, especially now we have the academies which makes up for some of the challenges/inequity of being in a non traditional state (provided they don’t change them to make the investment less worth while).

So last year we lost two games away from the SCG for the whole season, now this year we will lose them all? He needs to be put out to pasture.

I think I am at the point I would rather be without it in its previous form.

Currently I believe there is a rental allowance of some descript which would cover the issues with our younger players cost of living. We then have the academy producing some good players who perhaps over time we will get for slight unders due to less willing to relocate away from home.

It would just be used to discredit our success anyway so I’d rather we just moved on, especially now we have the academies which makes up for some of the challenges/inequity of being in a non traditional state (provided they don’t change them to make the investment less worth while).
Agree, the stability of the Swans will be founded on the academies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back