V9x18

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2014
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Pistons, Browns, BCFC, Lions
Yeh not that big a deal what Dane said, there is probably 100 things said that are more offensive each game. I know I've certainly said some things on the footy field i'd be pretty ashamed of getting picked up by mics. Especially considering the decision that had just been given.

At the same time though he's captain of the club that is going to have an entire womens football team and has just started a girls branch of their academy, probably not a great look and issuing an apology wouldn't be the worst thing.

Also, this idea that "If you find it offensive its because YOU must have a problem with little girls" that I've seen posted on here might be the most objectively dumb thing I've read all day. He is clearly using "little girl" in a derogatory manner. Just a ridiculous schoolyard defence that is completely void of all context.

I basically feel like its not a big deal and in a week with a bigger story it wouldn't get any publicity, but we also shouldn't be tripping over ourselves and presenting these intellectually dishonest arguments just to defend the guy.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
Just wondering how sjws would feel if he told the umpire he sounded like a little boy as opposed to a little girl?
Well he didn't. It was gender specific. Its a terrible public presentation for the club by a captain when equal participation by girls and women in the AFL is being encouraged. Nothing to do with social justice warriors whatever the F that is. He has made a totally unconvincing 'apology". He used the 'moment of madness" defense commonly used by flashers, public pests and other idiots in the magistrate courts in regard to what he called his "attempted" climbing of the goal post. Was he going to the top Edmund Hillary style?. Poor effort all round.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
He should have made it into the NSW all time greats side. He did have his opponents looking over his shoulder when he played on the half back flank but not like McVeigh who has them looking over their shoulders as they run past him. A travesty.
Post of the day , not hard in a pretty ordinary lot.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
He should have made it into the NSW all time greats side. He did have his opponents looking over his shoulder when he played on the half back flank but not like McVeigh who has them looking over their shoulders as they run past him. A travesty.
Bernard Toohey, the money chaser?

His club loyalty changed whenever he saw money.

Bernard Toohey, the money chaser?

His club loyalty changed whenever he saw money.

swans didnt offer him a contract when he left

geez harsh on a club great

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Rampe has just been on Swans media outlets addressing both incidents
I'm glad he did it through our media & not elsewhere. They can p.ss off as far as I'm concerned. I'll back our player any day. after the way the Vic media have carried on down here. Not one bit of credit for the way we played against a so called contender. They haven't got the ability to address the game as a whole because they geniunely feel the Bombers wo so whatever else we did on the night was irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back