News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you on about, it’s very comparable. Sir Dane’s not allowed to make a moderately offensive remark, but Ablett is allowed to have an inherently offensive view and endorse it publicly. Complete double standard and if you can’t see that then all I have to give you is a WTFDWFT
I am a very strong supporter of LGBQ people in Australia and the Philippines. But there is no way you can equate a derogatory remark with a persons religious belief however much you may disagree with it. Ablett and Falou's religious views should have nothing to do with football authorities. But don't start me on that. Sorry Bedders I am straying off the thread.

I am a very strong supporter of LGBQ people in Australia and the Philippines. But there is no way you can equate a derogatory remark with a persons religious belief however much you may disagree with it. Ablett and Falou's religious views should have nothing to do with football authorities. But don't start me on that. Sorry Bedders I am straying off the thread.

Religion is no excuse.

Sir Dane should’ve just said his faith made him hear the umpire as a little girl.

Swans website saying no Buddy ! why don't they just be honest. Harley gave nothing this morning , on Rampe , or Goodes ! Oh I miss Ireland.
The club plays media mind games all the time...carefully chosen words at all times. Don’t be surprised to see Menzel named (most likely as an emergency) to play on Saturday night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans website saying no Buddy ! why don't they just be honest. Harley gave nothing this morning , on Rampe , or Goodes ! Oh I miss Ireland.

Buddy is mysterious

Either drugs or his leg/body is ****ed

I believe the AFL is already in talks with Marvel Studios to sign a three-film deal surrounding Sir Dane, the goal-post, and the footy industry's quest for integrity.

Starring

Sam Newman as a racist twat
Eddie McChins as a racist twat
Slobbo as a drunken twat

also featuring

Gil Mclachlan as the goal post
Bob Murphy as Bob

I don't know if 10K (with $5K suspended) is too much or not, but I truly think that the AFL had to do something.

We screamed that they did nothing about the racism directed at Goodes, and when they finally did, it was too little too late.

If the comment had been you talk like a 'NTTAWWTter' (or something along those lines) there would have been no doubt about it being derogatory, and the fine would have been much, much bigger and the outcry horrendous!

I like Rampe's comments and mostly they are funny as, but he's aware of the mikes, aware that the game is televised nationally, and has first hand seen what vilification can do to someone. He overstepped the mark. The AFL needed to stand up and do something, and they have. Good on them.
The q
Arthur Hando. South Melb. Pole shaker...sweet mother of god how far can you milk something
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-15/how-oneeyed-hando-the-pole-wobbler-set-the-standard

So the Bombers actually started the final bounce with 17 players and not the approved 6-6-6. Naturally this is deemed a genius move by the media...do we debate the legality of this one to death to? I doubt it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/7004822e93ed7089ea569d0d7dddfb30
The fine is completely disproportionate. Sop to the low vipers of the Melbourne football media. But would have been less if the club had of been proactive and made the statement and apology on Sunday. This was a job for the show pony CEO. Went missing in action. Longmire dismissing it at the post match interview was weak also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back