Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
"Robinson not only said he supported both penalties, but encouraged the AFLPA and Swans to do the same given one of their “idiot players” had made a remark that could be interpreted as casual sexism."

Spoken like a true feral Bomber supporter who's talking after he's had a few too many.
Show some respect you dirty maggot Robbo!
Mmmnn. Ted. That's dirty DRUNKEN maggot Slobbo.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
"Robinson not only said he supported both penalties, but encouraged the AFLPA and Swans to do the same given one of their “idiot players” had made a remark that could be interpreted as casual sexism."

Spoken like a true feral Bomber supporter who's talking after he's had a few too many.
He's known as Stinky by others in the Media , absolute stinks. He is a good example for birth control.

Credit to Eddie at least he's not shying away from it and trying to wash his hands of it. And so he should.

Zero credit to McGuire. He is using pure damage control mode.

Is he though? He’s basically encouraging people to get out and see this doco knowing full well he will be perceived as a ****head in it

It's a smart move. An upgrade on move on nothing to see here. He in a already exerting influence on the narrative.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
If
the apology was genuine ...
then
it doesn’t excuse the behaviour which prompted it. Dane Rampe – pull your head in, and play footy. Ditch the smart alec words and actions.

Barrett at it again printing stuff he wouldn't say face to face to Ramps because he feels safe here in Victoria. Once again the lack of respect to our club & players from some of the Vic media is at an all time low.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
It's a smart move. An upgrade on move on nothing to see here. He in a already exerting influence on the narrative.
Typical of McGuire the arrogant bag of wind and a total sociopath. Its not about "Adams state of mind". Its about institutionalised racism in our sport and Goodes courageous confrontation of it. McGuire deliberately individualises the issue down to Goodes "attitude". No you piece of garbage its about your attitude and that of the disgraceful mob behind you.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
If
the apology was genuine ...
then
it doesn’t excuse the behaviour which prompted it. Dane Rampe – pull your head in, and play footy. Ditch the smart alec words and actions.

Barrett at it again printing stuff he wouldn't say face to face to Ramps because he feels safe here in Victoria. Once again the lack of respect to our club & players from some of the Vic media is at an all time low.
The "fine" - football authorities can't actually fine anyone legally only Chapter Three courts can - but leaving that to one side, the penalty is totally disproportionate. Offensive language in a magistrates court would probably give him a no conviction recorded. At the most 500 dollars. This penalty is outrageous. I in no way condone Rampe but he has been treated very shabbily by the AFL and to some extent thrown out under the bus by the club. Our CEO should have been out front on Saturday expressing an apology on behalf of the club. He is our captain ( for crying out loud ) and the club should have taken it on the chin with him. And any money extracted from him should be donated to the Kids Hospital or for young girls in sport. Those thieving cheating bastards at the AFL are going to trouser it.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Zero credit to McGuire. He is using pure damage control mode.
This!

He is more concerned about how he comes out of it so he has once again inserted himself into the story, in order to "soften the blow".
I have no doubt that once this is shown, the airwaves will once again be filled with the same vitriol from some people that wish Goodes just went away.

Brereton for one CANNOT stand Goodesy & has never hidden it.
Along with Eddie, let's sit back & see how head honchos Demetriou, Gillon & Mike Thatfatprick come out looking after this.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
The "fine" - football authorities can't actually fine anyone legally only Chapter Three courts can - but leaving that to one side, the penalty is totally disproportionate. Offensive language in a magistrates court would probably give him a no conviction recorded. At the most 500 dollars. This penalty is outrageous. I in no way condone Rampe but he has been treated very shabbily by the AFL and to some extent thrown out under the bus by the club. Our CEO should have been out front on Saturday expressing an apology on behalf of the club. He is our captain ( for crying out loud ) and the club should have taken it on the chin with him.

I credit Ramps with instigating the apology on the Swans site because for sure he would be a bit of a mess after this week. Yeah he made a mistake but has paid more than someone else would have. I shake my head at Ablett liking comments on social media & being pretty much left alone, but in the heat of a game, Ramps makes a mistake & cops it sideways by Robbo & co because his team missed out on 4 points.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I credit Ramps with instigating the apology on the Swans site because for sure he would be a bit of a mess after this week. Yeah he made a mistake but has paid more than someone else would have. I shake my head at Ablett liking comments on social media & being pretty much left alone, but in the heat of a game, Ramps makes a mistake & cops it sideways by Robbo & co because his team missed out on 4 points.
Ablett is allowed to like what he wants , the same as you and me on social media.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

This shows us what a moron Robinson is. So if a player says to an opponent something like "you big shiela" or "you big girls blouse" they will cop a $10,000 fine for "casual" sexism? The man is a complete arse.

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
You are right - it was said in the heat of the moment during a game. So now we are going to have player's verbal exchanges to each other and umpires subject to review for "casual" sexism and monetary penalties? This is not racial vilification which should be subject to suspension from the game but "casual" sexism whatever that is FFS. What a farce. The bloke apologised. End of story.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Ablett is allowed to like what he wants , the same as you and me on social media.
Yeah he can but Rampe can't say what comes out of his mouth in the heat of the moment after getting crunched not expecting to, whereas on social media you have plenty of time to think about things before hitting the "like" or "reply" button but don't cop any heat, rightly or wrongly.

I'm not condoning or applauding either action but more making a point how our bloke has been taken to the cleaners all week, even after he apologised immediately. On one hand these media snipers are quick to publically label Rampe, in this instance, an "idiot" or "smart alec" etc, but then quickly scramble to be the first to write a piece on how sad it is that mental illness has claimed player X or player Y.

Refer to the treatment of Goodes before & after time off.

Ramps did & said some strange stuff but it's a week later & Barrett is still sniping for cheap "likes" he know he'll get from at least the whole Essendon supporter base, led by chief Bomber sniper Slobbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back